We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter FI armour in raid t2c scenario

What's the view on a hunter in a raid set up wearing the feature instance armour to proc MIT's debuff?

Likely to increase overall group DPS? Any testing been done?

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...r's_Gloves
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

The Ascensio

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerz View Post
    What's the view on a hunter in a raid set up wearing the feature instance armour to proc MIT's debuff?

Likely to increase overall group DPS? Any testing been done?

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...r's_Gloves
    It's a bad set to wear, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by valkrye View Post
    It's a bad set to wear, plain and simple.

With current hunter raid armour set bonus being pretty redundant would it really be that bad for one hunter to have this equpied?

Gaining extra essence slots on a few pieces and potential to reduce bosses Phys/tact MIT's which will increase overall dps

Appreciate the feedback though!

The Ascensio

With current hunter raid armour set bonus being pretty redundant would it really be that bad for one hunter to have this equpied?

Gaining extra essence slots on a few pieces and potential to reduce bosses Phys/tact MIT's which will increase overall dps

You are giving up way too much Light of Earendil to be wearing this FI set, and you will not be able to wear the BB set (which is a huge factor in DPS parses) and have more than 200 LoE if you put on FI set as well.

Are you suggesting that 1 hunter in raid should basically nerf their own DPS into the ground in order to give a tiny mitigation debuff on boss? I don't think this is a good idea, especially with lvl 120 around the corner and the FI set cannot be used by lvl 120 characters due to max level being 119. The grind for the coins is not worth it. This is just a set that they put ingame just for the sake of grind. You will just waste time getting coins for something that you don't need and then you wont be able to use it in 3 months.

What? Blood arrow set bonus is nice...

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    What? Blood arrow set bonus is nice...
    Some people think (wrongly) that Rapid Fire was the only good raid set bonus for hunter. Blood Arrow has always been good set.

Was just throwing it out there as a question tbh as I don't know how strong a debuff it procs.

I get you'd be losing about 32 LoE can't recal my LoE on BB hunter but was just curious how good a debuff it procs as if your running a raid with a few hunters and one of them chose to go with the FI armour over a BB set up ...perhaps the overall dps of the raid would be more if it's a decent MIT debuff...

And yeah Indont think he blood arrow set is anything to write home about tbh...cool down on exaggerate so your hitting more blood arrow more but is it needed with upshot hitting harder and off cool down so often in rotation keeping other buffs up. More frequent self heals is all its benefitting I'd say.

Not suggesting this was something hunters should be doing, mearly asking the question so appreciate your feedbacks

(Just checked my hunter and she has 230 LoE in BB set and I think she has max LoE gear so swapping 4 armour pieces would bring her to 198...just a thought can u slot a t9 LoE essence in the hunter book in place of the class essence ? So you could keep the BB set on as well as gaining a few essence slots)
    Last edited by Fingerz; Jun 16 2018 at 07:31 PM.

The Ascensio

Was just throwing it out there as a question tbh as I don't know how strong a debuff it procs.

I get you'd be losing about 32 LoE can't recal my LoE on BB hunter but was just curious how good a debuff it procs as if your running a raid with a few hunters and one of them chose to go with the FI armour over a BB set up ...perhaps the overall dps of the raid would be more if it's a decent MIT debuff...

And yeah Indont think he blood arrow set is anything to write home about tbh...cool down on exaggerate so your hitting more blood arrow more but is it needed with upshot hitting harder and off cool down so often in rotation keeping other buffs up. More frequent self heals is all its benefitting I'd say.

Not suggesting this was something hunters should be doing, mearly asking the question so appreciate your feedbacks

(Just checked my hunter and she has 230 LoE in BB set and I think she has max LoE gear so swapping 4 armour pieces would bring her to 198...just a thought can u slot a t9 LoE essence in the hunter book in place of the class essence ? So you could keep the BB set on as well as gaining a few essence slots)
    Blood Arrow hits almost 2x harder than Pen Shot so you should use it every time its off CD, therefore 5s CD on Blood Arrow is pretty good. It's not because you need to use Exsanguinate more often.

If you try to put on this set, not only will you be losing a lot of base stats like mastery and crit in exchange for extra mitigations that you won't even need, but you will also have to give up essence slots to put on LoE essence. To me, that is kind of silly.

What is the BB set ?

Quote Originally Posted by MithrielWielder View Post
    What is the BB set ?
    This set

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...f_The_Hornburg

3 pieces gives a 10% chance on hit to proc a +20% crit chance for 10s

Quote Originally Posted by mkcraft27 View Post
    This set

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...f_The_Hornburg

3 pieces gives a 10% chance on hit to proc a +20% crit chance for 10s
    Thanks,

does someone know how long the internal CD is?

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    Thanks,

Not sure but the 20% crit chance is up alot of the time, certainly worth investing in the BB set with current stat caps, essence and armour availability

The Ascensio

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    Thanks,

Should be 30 seconds like for most of these BB bonuses. Haven't checked for years though.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!