We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A New Ability Suggestion

So I was thinking of a new ability for the Burglar which probably won't make it into the game because (a) not a great suggestion and (b) it takes ages for devs to stick things into the game even if they like it, whether through lack of resources or sheer apathy (hopefully the former).
    This ability would be the direct opposite of the Diversion skill. What this would do would make the target run towards you as if in combat but without necessarily detecting you or entering a combat state. The main use of this ability would be to separate stationary groups of enemies by being able to deal with them one at a time. It would maybe be called Attract and it would feature your character make a bird-call or something similar. Your character would not enter a combat state (although they might lose some stealth level because you just made noise).
    Let me know your thoughts about this. I have little hope for this ever entering the game but am curious to see what the community thinks of this.
    Thanks in advance!

too easily exploitable in instances. just like minstrels diversion or minstrels flopping in instances.
    If it gets done one day, it will be nerfed with a "cant be used in instances" debuff closely after.
    sounds nice for soloing on landscape though.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Ah, the old "Hey you, come over here so I can kill you" trick.

Throwing daggers or throwing axes work for that. Stoop for a stone perhaps....Addle....

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Ah, the old "Hey you, come over here so I can kill you" trick.

Throwing daggers or throwing axes work for that. Stoop for a stone perhaps....Addle....
    all those wont get you one enemy out of a crowd. Which I think is the whole point of the suggestion.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    all those wont get you one enemy out of a crowd. Which I think is the whole point of the suggestion.
    Ah yes. I see.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

They could call it Mock.

You can do the equivalent when you're soloing. Pull the entire group and kite them away from their starting location, then Riddle the mob that you intend to burn. HiPS, and all of the mobs except the Riddled one will return to their original position. Burn the target away from the group, and then go finish the rest.

In a group instance where mobs don't respawn, your suggestion is a bit OP. It lets your multi-person group fight a multi-mob one at a time.

I do miss the old Enrage skill that caused ranged mobs to run in and fight you melee. You could make them fight you behind a tent where wanderers weren't going to join in unexpectedly.