We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by knox1709 View Post
    Since we had no actual defensive increase
    Press onward is now a fast skill (no induction), usable on the move. That is a very large survival boost.

Quote Originally Posted by wretchesandkings View Post
    I took my abandoned lv 86 hunter out for a spin. I really didn't see much of an issue, and my hunter uses a lv 75 LI. I fought a bunch of mounted combat mobs on foot and they just end up dying after 3 or 4 focus skills. Sometimes I even oneshot them when I devastate. Even in cases where I don't fill up my focus bar, between precision stance and quickshot, focus goes up quickly enough. When I think of flow, I tend to think more instance oriented contents where fights last longer, but these fights don't really last long enough to speak about "flow". What are the type of fights you're thinking of, and how long do those fights last?

Of all the times I was out killing landscape mobs I wouldn't rate this as bad at all. (captain was the worst) That is my assessment anyway, I can't use or make a lower lvl hunter so maybe my experience differs from yours.
    Abandoned hunter lvl 86. So you actually did not play that hunter much and are not capped. Both are important details. When I logged in after the update and went out to test my hunter who I played every day I actually checked if I still was in Precision Stance. That is how slow focus generation is compared to before the update. I reset my trait tree again to get toDeadly Precision, which is now deep in red line when it really should be in blue to start of with but at least was easier to get to before. The irony is that it doesn't effect those who have 80+ traits but anybody who doesn't consciously seek for these points will not be able to play blue as before. Qs/QS/QS is not something I had to use before and not something I want to use now. I first tried in landscape then in Mordor resource instances. It's not a lack of dps, it's the different play. It's weird.

Deadly Precision deep in red line helps to keep at least most of the flow of blue. That requires a lot of choices concerning traits if the character even has 80+ traits available. And then of cause there is this 2 set cd on Barrage.
    Last edited by wispsong; Jun 28 2018 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    Abandoned hunter lvl 86. So you actually did not play that hunter much and are not capped.
    You might missed the point in the post.

The irony is that it doesn't effect those who have 80+ traits but anybody who doesn't consciously seek for these points will not be able to play blue as before. Qs/QS/QS is not something I had to use before and not something I want to use now.
    With before, you mean that you are not able to play as you played since that focus boost. As before that, for years focus Hunter was played so that you generate it by adding QS, SB and such to your rotation. So the change is just going back to situation where it originally was?
    Laurelin mains: Tamien (R8 Warden) - Tanie (R9 Champion) - Tamieth (Hunter) - Tamia (Minstrel) - Challenger of Gothmog
    Laurelin creeps: Tamratz (R9 Warg) - Tambash (R8 Blackarrow)
    GW2 for LOTROers: https://bit.ly/2nYssrA

Quote Originally Posted by TamX View Post
    You might missed the point in the post.

With before, you mean that you are not able to play as you played since that focus boost. As before that, for years focus Hunter was played so that you generate it by adding QS, SB and such to your rotation. So the change is just going back to situation where it originally was?
    Since I started playing blue hunter I have never noticed focus generation being lower then before the update when at cap. It always was lower levelling. I also think I traited Deadly Precision since it was at the beginning of red line and coming back in HD on my hunter I had most trait points. I think the boost was for focus spells not for focus generation. But I could be mistaken. I don't keep up with these things and positive changes are normally welcomed. Having to waste so many points in red to just get at least close to what was before on focus generation is very disturbing. What disturbs me more is that there are a lot of blue hunter who might never get there which include some of my other characters.

On top of that we have the weird cd on Barrage which I would exchange happily for less dps and the still not matched cd on Blood Arrow and Exsanguinate. Traits like Volley need to become more visible. I'm happy with Press Onward being a mobile skill now.

I've had to step in and clean up a bunch of the thread. Please, no personal attacks against others.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Abandoned hunter lvl 86. So you actually did not play that hunter much and are not capped. Both are important details. When I logged in after the update and went out to test my hunter who I played every day I actually checked if I still was in Precision Stance. That is how slow focus generation is compared to before the update. I reset my trait tree again to get toDeadly Precision, which is now deep in red line when it really should be in blue to start of with but at least was easier to get to before. The irony is that it doesn't effect those who have 80+ traits but anybody who doesn't consciously seek for these points will not be able to play blue as before. Qs/QS/QS is not something I had to use before and not something I want to use now. I first tried in landscape then in Mordor resource instances. It's not a lack of dps, it's the different play. It's weird.

Deadly Precision deep in red line helps to keep at least most of the flow of blue. That requires a lot of choices concerning traits if the character even has 80+ traits available. And then of cause there is this 2 set cd on Barrage.
    I don’t play hunter at lvl cap, but I assume the conversation is about lower level hunters. Tbh, I only have to use at most 2 qs before I have enough focus to use pen shot or blood arrow again, so I don’t see what’s so bad about it

From what you said basically you never had to worry about focus generation before, but now you do? Don’t take offence in what I’m about to say, but I really do think people have gotten spoiled over the years. It’s not just hunters, it’s essentially the same with champions too. All the fervour is generated by pressing 1 skill every 10s. No one uses the fervour builder skills (that much). At this point why even bother having this system.

m thoughts

As I stated long time ago more casual people can play red hunter and do enough dps to do content which they couldnt with blue

What I see with the loro community is people really see couple good blue line huner's and made the belief every hunt can or able to perform at such level,

Blueline hunt was a constant watch for buff's proc's timing bh and rapid fire etc now it's quite different, anyone can do the rotation at ease

The overall standard pug/lff hunter dps has gone up since many can play red easier therefore attributing to higher success rate of hunters overall but not being Mobile You see the problem was so much deeper than people assuming the amazing lucky parses blueline can get vs the 85% it's quite upsetting to someone who main's the class.

But in the end whats done is done, I am doing fine raiding/pve'ing in redline and pvping in blue main/red sometimes in ettenmoor's I do agree with the survivability of blueline and must say dev's did a good job making that a solo friendly line. I's really not all that bad as mentioned above if you compare the average dps of pug/ff hunters to the average dps now i's higher average since most can play redline since it is less complicated but the majority dont know this truth and now we have a class change

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3