We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Beorning in bear form question

I saw a Beorning at the festival recently who was in bear form, just standing there, with no loss of wrath. He stayed in bear form for a least five minutes, his wrath never lowering, and was still like that when I left the area.

I thought wrath always ticked away and eventually dissipated? I didn't realize it was possible to stand around in bear form for so long. My beorning is only level 35 and in yellow. I'm curious now what skill/level/trait allows this.

There is a bug where if you sometimes go through a loading screen, or use Hearten (Do not trait Hardened Heart for it to work) and Biting Edge together, that your wrath will not decay unless used. Pretty cool bug for RP reasons, and not useful in combat as wrath starts to decay as soon as you use it.

That must explain it then. It's a shame that it's a bug and not a feature. It seems like beornings should spend more time in bear form than they do and be allowed to take bear form even out of combat.

I didn't even realize that the bear coats came in other colors until now because I had only seen two beornings in bear form in game and they were both brown! Imagine my surprise when I discovered you could be different shades of brown, or even black or silver/gray! Too bad we don't see more bear beornings around.
    Last edited by CloudCastle; Jul 09 2018 at 11:33 AM.

There's also a trick where if you change into bear form right as you run out of wrath, you'll stay in bear form indefinitely. I don't know if this is only on your end or it can be seen by everyone, but it's pretty cool. Literally serves no purpose other than looks and maybe RP because once you gain wrath and it decays you'll change back to man form again.

I've run into the bug a few times as well as used timing to remain in bear form. Tbh though I would like to bear form to be a toggle.

I have the same bug many times but also my wrath starts to decay only if i run into combat.

I would like a toggle skill to stay in bear form also. On top of that, I'd like to be able to /sit and/or /lie down while in bear form.