We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

So, how is it possible?

I've got all 345 teal items from bartered traders from Felegoth (tank focused) and it has way too much critical defence for tank gear.

I've stacked tactical mitigation virtues and essences as the armour/jewellery gives practically none.

I've got 115k base morale (without any buffs or food or scrolls), and I automatically get rejected for 115 group content due to not stacking entirely morale/vitality and being at 160k+ morale.

How the %%% are wardens who want to tank meant to learn/play/gear up? The group requirements mean you already need the best gear, and you can't entirely stack morale due to needing to stack tactical mit?

Am I missing something? Are warden supposed to go DPS and just grind tank gear until it's already completed before trying to tank?

My Tank build has zero tactical mit essences. I use
    Virtues - 6345
    LI tact mit settings - 6625 x 2 = 13250
    LI tact mit crafted - 740 x 2 = 1440
    Throne Class Item - 4429
    Might 345 earrings - 8682 x 2 = 17364
    Shield - 6702
    3 FI Armor - 5483 x 3 = 16449
    Fate/Will - 1781
    20% of armor - 12985
    Total 80745

As you can see I am well over the t2 cap. I do not have tier 2 stuff unlocked and could probably cut something for more finesse. My morale pre blue line buff is 170kish. 205kish in blue line.

The big thing is getting the might earrings with tact mit instead of the agility ones. They also give more morale.
    The FI challenge armor is also decent since it gives 2 essence slots on top of the tact mit.

I do try and build dps first to make grinding faster for tank stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by keylime View Post
    I've got all 345 teal items from bartered traders from Felegoth (tank focused) and it has way too much critical defence for tank gear.

I've stacked tactical mitigation virtues and essences as the armour/jewellery gives practically none.

I've got 115k base morale (without any buffs or food or scrolls), and I automatically get rejected for 115 group content due to not stacking entirely morale/vitality and being at 160k+ morale.

How the %%% are wardens who want to tank meant to learn/play/gear up? The group requirements mean you already need the best gear, and you can't entirely stack morale due to needing to stack tactical mit?

Am I missing something? Are warden supposed to go DPS and just grind tank gear until it's already completed before trying to tank?
    Unfortunately, the stats on Agility tanking gear has been really poor in Mordor due to the relative inexperience of the team, this question was brought up on one of the streams and it was declared as human error and they "will do better next time".

When you try to join 115 group content, the group assumes that you are already geared and know how to play your class. Almost nobody wants to carry undergeared/inexperienced players, especially in a critical role like tank, and especially in a PUG. You can carry DPS roles, but it's harder to carry tank/healer/support. If you follow what the person said above, your tactical mitigation will be up to par and you can free up essence slots for more vitality essences.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    You could try to get the pocekt-item "Lash Fragment Reforged" from Thrang. It gives you 11.5K tact. and 10K phys mitigation.
    That is really nice for wardens esp. for tanking. Thanks to that (and virtues ans maxed base attributes (vitality etc.) i do not have to slot any mitigation essences.
    But i have the "Reinforced Shield of the Firehorn" with 6.6K tact. mit. and use two if the "Abissal Setting of Resistance" in my Spear and Javelin (2x6.6K tact. mit.)

In a Raid with a Capt. i'm around 200K+ morale. If you do not have the T2 raid equipment, you may not go that high but with the 340 quest gear from northern mirkwood and crafted jewellry / thang bracelets you should be able to go over 140K unbuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    You could try to get the pocekt-item "Lash Fragment Reforged" from Thrang. It gives you 11.5K tact. and 10K phys mitigation.
    That is really nice for wardens esp. for tanking. Thanks to that (and virtues ans maxed base attributes (vitality etc.) i do not have to slot any mitigation essences.
    But i have the "Reinforced Shield of the Firehorn" with 6.6K tact. mit. and use two if the "Abissal Setting of Resistance" in my Spear and Javelin (2x6.6K tact. mit.)

In a Raid with a Capt. i'm around 200K+ morale. If you do not have the T2 raid equipment, you may not go that high but with the 340 quest gear from northern mirkwood and crafted jewellry / thang bracelets you should be able to go over 140K unbuffed.
    Well, with armour/virtues alone you get around 30k tact mit. Relics give you around 12k more (42k), using tanking shield means 7k more aprox(49k) so I think 3 might jewells with 7k mit each should be enough. Or not even, consdiering it's not so hard to keep a constant shield tactics buff up which would give you a huge boost or just spamming conviction each 30s. I'd say it's not that hard to cap anything on a warden. I use might jewelery basically because it gives more morale and better deffensive stats but it shouldn't really be needed if you self buff. Also compossure by the minstrel gives you 14k tact mit.
    My warden still got some work to do yet but I got 180k morale unbuffed (when I use the featured instance 2 pieces for extra slot I might get 9k more morale). Around 15k inc healing. Capped phys mit, 63k tact mit (overcapped with any buff) and ~60k finesse. In fact as I feel my morale is already enough I was considering slotting crit gear/essences with the extra slots I get and try to get some crit to boost my self heals.

Take a look at the barter gear for Might classes. They usually have more relevant stats that the Agility bartered items. Also, it would be good to run as dps for a bit so that you can get some of the jewelry drops from Thrang. They are pretty useful.

I would agree, however, that 115k unbuffed is too low. I run with about 200k unbuffed, although there were a few times when I forgot to swap out of my dps gear and things went badly. You could get away with 115k morale if you're with experienced friends who were willing to wipe a few times, but you should not expect that in a pug. Nobody wants to join a pug and wipe endlessly on a fight that can take as little as 1.5 minutes. Plus, errors can compound. Suppose everyone in the group was undergeared and inexperienced. That would be even more frustrating.

That said, you might consider asking around in World to see if anyone is willing to learn to run group content and practice their classe with. Some people, myself included, would be willing to do a few practice runs. If you're in a kin, your kinnies might be especially willing. Best of luck, and hang in there!