We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

It's been a while

Played a yellow tree hunter because it was not overpowered and only a few others played yellow.
    It wasn't bad until mobs got hugely inflated morale, just slow.

Then changes were made to red and to blue and to hunters as a whole and global changes were made.
    They said they had not touched yellow at all but had rendered the tree completely useless.
    Damage was removed and focus generation was removed.
    Then, of course, yellow was changed. Excited I read about changes to traps and to lingering wound. Turns out it was reduced damage and added cooldowns.

The easy-going rotation was removed, the damage was removed

My hunter is not going to buy all new LIs.
    My hunter can level in festivals, I guess. Mordor is just too slow kills for it to be any fun. Did four levels in festivals!

It's a pain to play even the very easiest start bits of Mordor. It's tedious, boring. Slow, uphill and unrewarding struggle.
    Makes me instantly angry just thinking about the changes, constantly reminded of the poor design choices.

On balance, I think I'll let others play that game. New yellow trait tree suggested name is Festival-visitor (unless you want extra run speed for festival...actually, let's do blue for that too).

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Played a yellow tree hunter because it was not overpowered and only a few others played yellow.
    It wasn't bad until mobs got hugely inflated morale, just slow.

Then changes were made to red and to blue and to hunters as a whole and global changes were made.
    They said they had not touched yellow at all but had rendered the tree completely useless.
    Damage was removed and focus generation was removed.
    Then, of course, yellow was changed. Excited I read about changes to traps and to lingering wound. Turns out it was reduced damage and added cooldowns.

My hunter is not going to buy all new LIs.
    My hunter can level in festivals, I guess. Mordor is just too slow kills for it to be any fun. Did four levels in festivals!

It's a pain to play even the very easiest start bits of Mordor. It's tedious, boring. Slow, uphill and unrewarding struggle.
    Makes me instantly angry just thinking about the changes, constantly reminded of the poor design choices.

On balance, I think I'll let others play that game. New yellow trait tree suggested name is Festival-visitor (unless you want extra run speed for festival...actually, let's do blue for that too).
    The problem is most of you hunters trying to run yellow dont build for yellow. Ignore mastery, morale mits and evade,,,,EVADE...your dps comes from the traps not the bow. I run this line successfully in the harshest environment, the moors. It will decimate about anything sans a heal stacked defiler. Throwing a trap legacy on wont get you there. You have to dedicate a build for it.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    The problem is most of you hunters trying to run yellow dont build for yellow. Ignore mastery, morale mits and evade,,,,EVADE...your dps comes from the traps not the bow. I run this line successfully in the harshest environment, the moors. It will decimate about anything sans a heal stacked defiler. Throwing a trap legacy on wont get you there. You have to dedicate a build for it.
    Can you share that?
    I am interested.
    My Hunters are 52 and 60 and red and blue even more becomes a bit boring.
    And even a bit of Rotainformation, thank you in advance.

"Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"
    Is the Support not the greatest hero? - a Captain player oc :-)

That's the problem, I can't afford the in-game currency to rework the LIs I have, let alone a second set.
    And I never will make that effort because there is no reward at the end of the line.

You can fight it out in yellow in the moors because each kill counts and survival is ace.
    That is not true for making a hundred mordor quests. Each fight is a long uphill struggle with no reward at the end. Just another mob with too much morale for yellow, and another, and another, fast respawning.

Yellow questing is safe, dull, tedious, boring. It became even slower. It had no use in fellow and now the field quest utility was removed.

Thank you for your kindness

1. Then changes were made to red and to blue and to hunters as a whole and global changes were made.

2. Damage was removed and focus generation was removed.

3. It's a pain to play even the very easiest start bits of Mordor. It's tedious, boring. Slow, uphill and unrewarding struggle.
    1. Red and blue changes hit yellow hard, agreed. Especially the focus changes. Giving red a stronger debuff than yellow was a huge mistake, too.

2. Trap damage was increased, they are still weaker than other hunter bleeds (BA, Exs., HS) and much clunkier. The removal of the initial LW tick was a big loss though. Overall damage stayed more or less the same, it just became much clunkier. LW got a big nerf, traps were buffed, focus got big nerf for yellow.

3. A pain... I wouldn't say that. It is just completely different and much clunkyer than before. And there is not much sense in adjusting to this new clunky, less fun state, because Trapper of Foes is still waiting for its balance pass.

Bow skills deal higher dps than traps even with maxxed melee weapon. HS, Exs, BA deal higher bleed damage than traps and don't require you to tank. Killing creeps in moors might work, but in landsape and especially groups, (that's where a SUPPORTING traitline should work best) yellow is worse than before. red with 12 ranks in yellow does the better yellow job. Better support, marginally less CC.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

I just rolled a new hunter to see what the current nerf-everything was about for the little ones.

Yellow was just awkward and bizarre and cut up and you had to stand still like it was running red but at much lower range, generally more auto-attack damage than skill damage. Delays everywhere and a lot of "You can't do that while moving". It really is, not to put a too fine word to it, poop. You miss a lot and the "We changed Lingering Wound so it always applies a bleed and always tiers" is quite useless since you keep missing and they keep dodging evading partial blablabla meaning the bleed doesn't always apply and the tiering never happens. I mourn yellow. It is terribly bad.
    Set trap at level 7 dealt four to five damage. Maybe the mobs avoided somehow, despite being trapped.
    Complete and utter nonsense changes to a skill tree already 1/5 the efficiency of previous iteration of blue.

Blue lv 22 in full crit gear 18-20, a swift will take about half of the field mob morale vs mobs two levels lower. A barrage can still body slam for the occasional one-shot but it eats three focus. Quick shot staple skill takes 1/6 mob morale.

Red - who knows. I don't want to stop prepare shoot, stop prepare shoot, stop prepare shoot. It's not instanced content that should take careful preparation and be slow as heck, it's Bree-land wolf den or orc camps.

I solved that low-level problem though! Two extra accounts with lore-masters same level + bog guardians on /follow. Since every mob will be left with at least half morale after a couple of shots at reduced range, I let the boggies do the rest of the work. It got me some strange looks from passers-by but who cares.

EDIT I realize all new gamers will not have an army of crafters available to max current level gear at all and so this test does not reflect how they must see the game.
    In Bree-land, I saw one hnt lv 18 with quest reward gear taking four skills per on-level mob.
    Last edited by Macroscian; Sep 12 2018 at 04:21 AM.

lol trash
    Ignore everything this idiot says

What i can say: Hunter is still one of the strongest classes in the game and on every lv cap you can pull and kill multiple enemies before they even reach you.
    You got the highest dps in the game and huge,ridicolous and ######## amount of self heal(blood arrow+instant/inductionless press onward).
    Even new people who got no idea from the class and no good gear shouldnt have any problems leveling/questing with any kind of hunter.
    Doesnt matter if red or blue or yellow in terms of lancescape questing.

EDIT I realize all new gamers will not have an army of crafters available to max current level gear at all and so this test does not reflect how they must see the game.
    In Bree-land, I saw one hnt lv 18 with quest reward gear taking four skills per on-level mob.
    Do you view that as a problem? 4 attacks seams reasonable to me for on level mobs in quest gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Immaturity View Post
    Ignore everything this idiot says
    No, he is not an idiot. He just has a different point of view (Ettenmoores).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiliandi View Post
    You got the highest dps in the game and huge,ridicolous and ######## amount of self heal(blood arrow+instant/inductionless press onward).
    (...)
    Doesnt matter if red or blue or yellow in terms of lancescape questing.
    For red and blue your statement is true, for yellow... not that much. imp bloodarrow and Press Onward are hard to reach for yellow. Traiting them costs Deadly Precision and you get into focus problems. Either "highest dps" by traiting deep into red and Upshot/Heartseeker and no PO + imp Blood Arrow or PO and imp Bl A, but no Upshot and HS.
    Nonetheless yellow is more than capable of doing landscape content. It is just a lot clunkier and less fun than before the red/blue changes that hit yellow very hard.
    Last edited by Tatharil; Sep 13 2018 at 10:00 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

Quote Originally Posted by mkcraft27 View Post
    Do you view that as a problem? 4 attacks seams reasonable to me for on level mobs in quest gear.
    Pen shot eats a lot of focus and now deals very little damage at lower levels.
    Swift has a long induction and deals half as much damage as one barb arrow.
    I see no reason for my character to use swift until it starts to get enough crit, perhaps at 50-60? We'll see.
    Barb arrow has so slow induction in blue that unless you run uphill towards a mob, you will run past the mob by the time the induction is over from the time you are in range.

For minstrel, the healer, that number is one to two skills per kill, depending on what's on cooldown. Certain skills have proper range like red line hunter and they can be used on the move.

For minstrel, the healer, that number is one to two skills per kill, depending on what's on cooldown. Certain skills have proper range like red line hunter and they can be used on the move.
    First off the mini is arguably the most OP class at low levels. 2nd no class should be regularly 1 shotting on level landscape mobs, hopefully you can see the problems that creates. If anything the mini damage needs to be tuned down at lower levels. Taking 5-ish seconds to kill an on level mob in guest gear is fine, 1-2 shotting them is not.