We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hobbit Burg weapons?

Which LI weapon do you prefer for a hobbit burg club or dagger? If club can two be used in each hand? Or will it slow down the off hand?
    Last edited by Woldo; Sep 10 2018 at 09:12 AM.

I only ever used daggers, mostly because my impression of a burglar should be silent and quick. Daggers would be silent, where clubs would make a lot of noise basing heads in
    Seriously though, I think they changed the weapon speeds a few years ago so that they are all the same, so it shouldn't matter if you choose to use the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    I only ever used daggers, mostly because my impression of a burglar should be silent and quick. Daggers would be silent, where clubs would make a lot of noise basing heads in
    Seriously though, I think they changed the weapon speeds a few years ago so that they are all the same, so it shouldn't matter if you choose to use the clubs.
    Thanks. Daggers it is.

I use clubs, since there's a hobbit trait that give +5% club damage. Unless it really doesn't, but it's too late for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    I consider the club to be anesthetic so they don't scream too loud when I disembowel them with the dagger in my other hand! Just being the thoughtful hobbit I am

Quote Originally Posted by Occum View Post
    I use clubs, since there's a hobbit trait that give +5% club damage. Unless it really doesn't, but it's too late for me now.
    I always use a club for my LI but I've also used a dagger instead of a club in my off hand, depends on the weapon stats.
    "Never argue with a fool, it's difficult to tell the difference"

Quote Originally Posted by Occum View Post
    Yes, hobbits should get a +5% for clubs, but burglars get +5% for daggers. So there's no difference there.

But I wonder how you can sneak around with 2 tree stumps hanging from your belt...

Quote Originally Posted by Waylock View Post
    Yes, hobbits should get a +5% for clubs, but burglars get +5% for daggers. So there's no difference there.

But I wonder how you can sneak around with 2 tree stumps hanging from your belt...
    I am embarrassed to say I didn't know about the +dagger damage ! Thanks.
    When it's time to upgrade my off-hand I'll look at daggers. It's too late for my imbued LI.

Other than the cosmetic appearance the only difference between the dagger and club (if you have hobbit 5% dmg trait) is the tiny % chance passive bonus.

Dagger - auto attack crit
    Club - slow chance

For my main hand I tend to use club for Yellow line and dagger for Red as chances are your focus is on debuffs and cc when your yellow traited
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

The Ascensio

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerz View Post
    Other than the cosmetic appearance the only difference between the dagger and club (if you have hobbit 5% dmg trait) is the tiny % chance passive bonus.

Dagger - auto attack crit
    Club - slow chance

For my main hand I tend to use club for Yellow line and dagger for Red as chances are your focus is on debuffs and cc when your yellow traited
    You actually play a burg in Yellow Line?

How can you stand it? Tell me why.

There must be something that gets you to try that. I wonder what it is.
    I don't mean to imply that it's not a good choice for you. I just have never been able to get past the slo-mo aspect.

But I may be (probably am) missing something.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    You actually play a burg in Yellow Line?

How can you stand it? Tell me why.

There must be something that gets you to try that. I wonder what it is.
    I don't mean to imply that it's not a good choice for you. I just have never been able to get past the slo-mo aspect.

But I may be (probably am) missing something.
    Burg yellow line is the main raid line and is the trait line more akin to the original burg class before trait trees.
    How could any burg that does more than solo stuff not have an optimum yellow line??
    Just to add that blue line is broken with the scaled debuffing gambles and is severely nerfing the rest of your raid DPS if you raid on it as you loose out on the Inc reveal weakness dmg, enrage X2 and snag bonus from yellow.
    Last edited by Fingerz; Sep 15 2018 at 05:05 AM.
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

The Ascensio

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerz View Post
    Burg yellow line is the main raid line and is the trait line more akin to the original burg class before trait trees.
    How could any burg that does more than solo stuff not have an optimum yellow line??
    Just to add that blue line is broken with the scaled debuffing gambles and is severely nerfing the rest of your raid DPS if you raid on it as you loose out on the Inc reveal weakness dmg, enrage X2 and snag bonus from yellow.
    OK, I get it now...raid build.
    I play about 75% solo and the rest duo and the burgs I have are all either red-line with the extra points in yellow, or blue-line with the rest split between red and yellow.
    And I never have 2 setups for any characters...kind of a personal decision.
    Thanks for taking the time to fill me in.

OK, I get it now...raid build.
    I play about 75% solo and the rest duo and the burgs I have are all either red-line with the extra points in yellow, or blue-line with the rest split between red and yellow.
    And I never have 2 setups for any characters...kind of a personal decision.
    Thanks for taking the time to fill me in.
    My Burg is pure solo and never plays anything but Yellow, it's a Burglar, not an assassin. How can I stand it? Because I play my characters as if they were really from MIddle Earth and I have never read anything in the lore that supports a Gambler or Assassin style of play, whereas Yellow line suits just fine. Burgs are meant to be sneaky tricksters otherwise they would be Champs!
    Last edited by Hammadryad; Sep 15 2018 at 03:31 PM.

Same and same - I have two setups and those are it. I used to have a yellow line and it's good if with 3 or more.

100% behind a Golf hobby! There is no reason why there couldn't be a 9 hole course in someplace like the Shire or even a new housing area.
    "Never argue with a fool, it's difficult to tell the difference"

Quote Originally Posted by Hammadryad View Post
    My Burg is pure solo and never plays anything but Yellow, it's a Burglar, not an assassin. How can I stand it? Because I play my characters as if they were really from MIddle Earth and I have never read anything in the lore that supports a Gambler or Assassin style of play, whereas Yellow line suits just fine.
    Yes, to each his own.
    And I think you are correct about the lore. I guess I just don't have the patience for the yellow line.
    I really enjoy sneaking and backstabbing and soloing some 6-man quests with that tactic. But that certainly was not how JRRT portrayed his burglar.
    I have never done much role-playing in game. I get my fix for that with P&P gaming and some PbP stuff.
    There is room for all of us in Lotro.
    Have fun!