We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Draigoch.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Rathe Council in Plane of Earth, Everquest. That encounter could make a 72 man raid cry.

Hey they didn't ask 'hardest LotRO boss'

Old Bloodtusk of course

Well this is a hard one to answer... my partner and I have returned after many, many years away... so I have no idea now which bosses were hardest in the past, I can report back later once we encounter some bosses again... so hopefully this answer still counts for the contest!

Without a doubt, Bingo Boffin. Your first encounter already sets the bar at a ridiculous level. Teaching him how to swim? An impossible task, if you ask me. But it gets worse! He has multiple debuffs which you have to try and avoid. This one in particular: Bingo Boffin says, "Some people like horses. I don't understand those people." will put a permanent -10% riding speed debuff on your character. With mechanics like that, it takes an experienced and dedicated group to take him down. But in the end, he turns up again in some unexpected place a week later. He defies defeat every time, and this makes him the hardest boss I've ever encountered.

I guess I should start doing instances? I finished Maze and Thadúr so far, but that's all (mandatory aside)...

Which instance/raid boss was the hardest you've ever encountered?

Gurbak in The Foundry (Isengard)

I can never not get launched into the walls, even if I'm not tanking...

"Which instance/raid boss was the hardest you've ever encountered?"
    Every raid on tier 2 challenge mode.

As silly as it may sound, I actually found Iorbar's Peak to be one of the most difficult of instances. Hopefully, I have improved as a player since then, but I'm not rushing to repeat the instance, just in case.

Saruman t2c
    Even now at 115 many players can fail this lvl 75 instance lol

Boss 4 in throne on challenge...still havnt beat him yet...

not sure. all i know is that it is my mission to conquer all my enemies.

Pirates can be fun
    LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming!

server lag as a warden, trying to get your gambits right.

soloing mistress of pestilence.

i believe Mordirith was the one that pissed me more
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

The first boss room in the Maze level of the Great Barrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanatra View Post
    The Watcher in the Water, first try of newbie: too many limbs against too little and lonely me!
    lol Yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by OliveYew View Post

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to reply to this post, we will pick a winner next Thursday afternoon.

Thorog back when the level cap was 50 and it was a 24 man raid. Trying to get that many class competent, reasonably geared (which was hard to obtain), people together with enough health/power pots to then take down a hard boss was no easy task. I can't even count the number of times my kin wiped against him. Those were really fun days though, I miss them....
    Arkenstone- Elsar Namier-Lvl 115 Captain // Throen-Lvl 105 Guardian // Bontai-Lvl 60 Minstrel // Hewey-Lvl 68 Champion // Bevin-Lvl 57 Warden // Karak-Rank 4 Blackarrow
    Long live those from Meneldor!

The Watcher took me 8 or 9 tries to finally complete at level 75. Including several filled with people laughing over how many times they'd beaten him recently and how easy the fight was. I swear I can't single handedly cause a raid to fail, but I was starting to wonder...

The Warden from Dungeons of Dol Guldur was really frustrating as he kept one-shotting prisoners and I couldn't figure out how to stop him. That's where I learned about distributed damage.

A bit random, but the caerog challenge room in Nala-Dum was really nerve-wracking for me. I had to keep dazing one while my buddies killed the other, and there seemed to be an endless supply of caerogs to take care of.

Saruman T2C

Tuilerie is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Student of Ainulindalë
    There, and back again

Quote Originally Posted by OliveYew View Post

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to reply to this post, we will pick a winner next Thursday afternoon.

Nice Beacon...I like reading about the Game Updates and future plans!

Gang;

Hands down Barad Guldur final boss on level - because prior to that fight it seems very few folks had a clue what their corruption removal skills were - and whenever you had to get a non-regular in group - especially if it was a Captain - they invariably hit a corruption removal late in the fight and wiped the group. It was a fight where 11 regulars could be beaten by a number 12 that just would not listen ... and climbing that damn castle after a few wipes was like having your teeth pulled without Novocaine ...

Luin
    Luinmiriel [L130 Elf Hunter], Marisibelle [L130 Burglar], Rosilyn [L130 Captain], Carafindriel [L130 Elf Minstrel], Katellin [L130 Beorning], Vornmiriel [L130 Elf Hunter], Melissabelle [L130 Burglar], Lorindriel [L130 Elf Warden], Luinmirien [L130 High Elf Hunter], Silaeluin [L130 High Elf Runekeeper]
    "One is truly rich who has friends."

1) The lieutenant of Dol Guldur from the Barad Guldur
    2) Thaurlach from the The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu.
    3) Flâgît from Dâr Narbugud

Saruman - lvl t2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast