We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Warden a little bit over the top?

Hey guys

First of all I am pretty new to Lotro so please forgive me if what I say doesn’t make any sense to you :P

I am playing warden as main and I really love this class so much, especially the gambit system makes the combat system so unique. Great work to design such a class, SSG!
    I have played a LM and my Warden to 115 now and they both are pretty equally equipped (1. age LI maxed out and armor around 340), but I never raided yet. Just COS and instances

Don’t you guys think that warden is a little bit over the top? I mean… with little bit I mean really far over the top? I can only compare it to my LM which I feated red line + yellow line to ancient craft but it feels like with warden I can just pull through large group of mobs use my so loved desolation + AOE leech and then spam brink of victory + surety of death; I could never imagine to do this with my LM (I know a LM can pull large group of mobs, aoe cc them and use lightning storm + ring of fire to kill them but LM is dependet of cooldown here a lot).

My warden is blue feated mainly + red line for dot damage increase. I feel like nearly no damage loss but much more survivability compared to mainly red feated line. I also noticed I can spec deeply into blue and red line on warden with even 82 feat points I have right now. I could not feat so deeply into red and yellow line the same with Lore-master.
    I know warden is designed as an alrounder class, but I really feel too strong on warden, compared to LM. I can rush through COS t1 on 110 with one eye closed and even could go higher I think. Is that even possible with LM?

In my opinion the biggest issue here is that a warden can stack up too many heal + mitigation gambits with insane aoe direct + dot damage gambits. I would change brink of victory to only aoe gambit and surety of death more single target gambit + desolation single target and increase fear chance to 100% if feated.

I would also like to see a tank stance besides “in fray” and “assailment” and when a warden is in fray stance or assailmen there is -50% incoming self heal and ticks of hots are halfed. In tank stance you have heals like now + damage loss of 10%. Something like this. What do you think about my suggestions?

But once again, I love to play warden!

Quote Originally Posted by beacor View Post
    But once again, I love to play warden!
    Firstly, you are comparing a warden (A tank / Aoe Damage class), to a Lore-Master (A primarily support class, with cooldown AoE burst).

So in comparison, yes, a warden will feel a lot stronger compared to your Lore-Master, especially in an AoE setting, because wardens take benefit from having large quantities of mobs to leech off, and in trash pulls in raids, and on landscape they excel, however things get a bit more complex against say a raid boss when there is only 1 target to heal from from the majority of the fight.

If you were to compare warden to say a guardian, or champion (if traited correctly), you would notice it to be quite similar, lots of AoE damage, lots of self healing

You cant realy compare warden to LM that way.Champ and Guard are near same in scenarios you described.Then again LM is far better at debuffs/cc/buffs than those 3 classes combined and so on.

Yeah those two can't be compared. Ask a warden to debuff for a group and it'll be nowhere near as competent as an LM. Ask an LM and it'll be very competent.

By the way, ask a warden to tank (which is what the class is supposed to do) and you'll see that for more effort than a guardian, you'll get less returns... lol. And, I see you've just been doing lvl 110, so it should be a cakewalk. I warden tank at 115 t2c and it's a struggle for sure. Warden is definitely not over the top.
    "Today you are you, that is truer than true.
    There is no one alive who is Youer than You!"
    --Dr. Seuss

Asking for a class nerf?

Off with his head!

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Asking for a class nerf?

Off with his head!
    NO! Your being to easy on him.

Send him to Vlad the Impaler!
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Since I play both.

Comparing Snap, Crackle and Pop to Stick, Stick, Kill'em 10 at a time. No comparison
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Atm, wardens are one of the weaker tanks with the current end game raid mechanics. Play T2 mordor raids and you'll see how under powered we are compared to guards and captains