We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Bodkin Arrows

Bodkin Arrows

The Bodkin Arrows Bowmaster trait says it gives up to -10% Mitigation Bypass for Bow Attacks. I assume this means it reduces the mob's mitigation by some amount, so a particular hit would produce more net damage.

I did a few tests with and without those 5 trait points, and have been unable to detect any effect. (Combat log shows identical damage values for same skills against same mobs.) I tested some level cap landscape mobs and some t2 instance mobs and bosses, solo with no other mitigation debuffs. Although not an exhaustive test, I expected to see some difference.

Is it bugged or for some reason obsolete? If it actually does something, can someone suggest a way to observe the effect?

NOTE: I did further tests. See my later post.
    Last edited by Michaleo; Oct 05 2018 at 01:04 AM.
    Michaleo / Nodread / Wrytune / Truroar / Varmentor Toolmaker
    Landroval michaleo.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michaleo View Post
    The Bodkin Arrows Bowmaster trait says it gives up to -10% Mitigation Bypass for Bow Attacks. I assume this means it reduces the mob's mitigation by some amount, so a particular hit would produce more net damage.

I did a few tests with and without those 5 trait points, and have been unable to detect any effect. (Combat log shows identical damage values for same skills against same mobs.) I tested some level cap landscape mobs and some t2 instance mobs and bosses, solo with no other mitigation debuffs. Although not an exhaustive test, I expected to see some difference.

Is it bugged or for some reason obsolete? If it actually does something, can someone suggest a way to observe the effect?
    It's not bugged, it is working as intended.

The first hit is with 5/5 Bodkin Arrows, and the last hit was with the same traits and gear but Bodkin Arrows at 0/5.
    I only used Camouflage and Improved Focus to guarantee critical hits, so I wouldn't have to redo on a new NPC if I didn't crit or something.
    Timestamps show that this happened a few minutes ago.

After further tests, I was able to detect the effect of Bodkin Arrows. It does affect skill damage, but does not affect bleeds or ranged auto-attacks.

Doing Quick Shots on a Dale-land Moose did about 18% more damage for both crits and non-crits. I don't know what different mob's mitigations are, or how the "bypass" calculation is done, so I can't suggest a general figure. How it affects your overall damage will depend on your skill mix.
    Michaleo / Nodread / Wrytune / Truroar / Varmentor Toolmaker
    Landroval michaleo.wordpress.com

After further tests, I was able to detect the effect of Bodkin Arrows. It does affect skill damage, but does not affect bleeds or ranged auto-attacks.

Doing Quick Shots on a Dale-land Moose did about 18% more damage for both crits and non-crits. I don't know what different mob's mitigations are, or how the "bypass" calculation is done, so I can't suggest a general figure. How it affects your overall damage will depend on your skill mix.
    if its 18% more damage, then your target had 45% mits without and 35% with
    First, from a 100 dmg shot, 55 comes through mits, afterwards 65. 65/55 is an increase of 18%
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Thank you. Your test just gave my yellow hunter 8 free traitpoints. If Bodkin Arrows don't work on bleeds, then it's wasted traitpoints for me.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.