We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Captain Feedback Thread

Wanted to move this discussion into the right place. Copy and paste from this thread.

Despite having some very suspect armour choices, on the whole I feel Captains are in a reasonably good place.

However I would like to get a jump start and collate suggestions from the community on tweaks that can be made to our class.
    My hope is that the devs take a read for when our turn comes up for revamp/balancing/tweaks.

Please focus on giving suggestions and constructive feedback, rather than tearing down anyone’s suggestions.

To kick start the ball rolling (will add more later) I would like to see:

• A 25% increase in dps to make landscape/questing a little faster plus help us contribute more support dps when raiding.
      In addition to a flat increase across the board, all of our skills and how they scale should be reviewed. Damage output on some skills simply does not fit well with character level. Furthermore significantly increasing mastery and critical rating doesn't seem to provide as strong a dps gain as with other classes (which is why devs need to look "under the hood" a bit more for this class)

• Oathbreaker Reset to be a trait line option (far down in red line)

• In Yellow line reduce the cooldown of both threatening shout and grave wound by 5 seconds each
      helps us juggle a few adds easier, improves initial agro holds if GW bpe’d without making us too powerful

• Allow us to have 20 second Shield of the Dunedain on imbued LIs so we don’t have to keep swapping to a non imbued LI before applying the skill

• Fix Master of War auto-crit (Red Line) so that it works with tactical classes also
      I appreciate tactical classes can get guaranteed crit benefits from song brother in blue line, but when in red line if I blade brother an RK for example they should receive the same benefits from Master of War as a hunter/champ/burg etc. would.

• As part of a wider look at in combat rezzes (Capt, Mini, RKs) introduce a 10 minute cooldown to Cry of Vengeance whilst keeping it 2 targets
      at present too many players play carelessly / don’t pay as much attention to mechanics because they figure a rez is almost always available

• Fix jump rezzes
      as careful as we are not to, there is nothing worse than getting punted by a mechanic mid rez resulting in two team mates being resurrected at the start of the instance. Cry of Vengeance should imitate muster courage skill in that you can only use it when you are on solid ground.

• Fix Elendil’s Fury
      At present (u22.3) Elendils Fury Tiers up correctly and when fully tiered Blade of Elendil can be used to grant you a defeat response associated to Elendil's Fury
      This defeat response shows up as a buff but
      • a) does not bring up rallying cry / routing cry in the auto skill bar as with regular defeat responses
      • b) when the defeat response is consumed by rallying cry does not trigger the +5% damage buff associated with Rousing Cry trait
      • c) when the defeat response is consumed by routing cry does not trigger the -15% attack duration buff associated with Penetrating Cry trait
      • d) when the defeat response is consumed by routing cry does not Stun Targets as it should do if Terrifying Bellow trait is equipped.

• Improve Herald Survivability
      Especially in Raids / T2c content where unless they are parked can end up dying a lot. The herald armour debuff requires the herald to attack a target (normally a boss) and in doing so can end up taking a fair bit of damage. It’s a pain to resummon multiple times during a fight

• Increase Banner of War (Herald Summoned) Buff from +2% melee, ranged, tactical damage to +5% melee, ranged, tactical damage
      This is factoring in mastery changes with u23 else would have asked for +10% in u22 where the increase in damage is watered down even more

• Make strength of morale (racial trait, man) a 50% Heal
      Not specific to captain class (available to all those who play the race of man). The skill desperately needs updating from a 2-3k heal to a percentage based heal

• Increase Healing Output in Blue Line
      Some players have done fantastic using existing blue line healing throne raid on level etc. However this line could use a bit more love - I would like to see this line strengthened so it's a viable alternative when struggling to find a mini, beorn, RK healer

If it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it.

One of the things I love about lotro is each class brings a different playstyle/benefits to the table.
    No doubt the usual suspects will (and have) come out to try and get the class nerfed unnecessarily.
    I trust the devs will see past this and not look to dampen core skills (last stand, shield, oathies etc.) that lie at the heart of the Captain Class and distinguish it from other support/tanking classes.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

Agreed with all!
    I'd love to get my captain out of Rohan, but questing is slow and tedious.

Bonus points for SoM, it needs to be scaled up.

Edit: came upon realising that if SoM gets % scale, it might be a tad bit overpowered on tanking classes.
    Last edited by zipfile; Oct 08 2018 at 10:27 AM.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

-Jep the jump rezzes should get fixed.
    -For the companion survivalbility another option: add banners that the captain has this aura for his felliws.
    -Jep change the first ten rank of Inc heal buff while sod to +10 s duration that we don't have to switch. ( Now we're at this theme, remove the ability to switch weapons, it's just unrealistic, maybe throw down one and take another, but nö going back to the old one in figth, for all classes)
    - I don't see the need of an ob-reset in the traitline, totallyn fine as a gearbonus.
    -there is no need to reduce the CD of the taunts, 5s without forced is good enough. I would go further and increase the CD of threatening shout, at least it's traited as a group taunt to 30-45s.

Legacies:
    - Scale legacies that give +stat to reasonable values given the current stat caps (Pressing Attack and Devastating Blow Critical Rating, Defensive Strike Armour Buff, Shield/Song/Blade-brother Crit Defence)
    - Add +bleed pulses and +SoD duration to the corresponding imbued legacies
    - Nerf Last stand heal to correspond the change in skill (see below). maybe 20% at max tier
    - Buff stat legacies in general (might, vit, etc)

Skills/traits:
    - Change last stand heal to a percent
    - De-couple the +fear resist part of muster courage from the pot effect of muster courage. Make the fear resist its own skill and increase the cool down, +70% fear resist is to OP to be permanently applied.
    - Change elendil's fury, aside from being bugged, granting a defeat event is (IMO) a bit lackluster for a capstone trait. Aside from that you dont really want to use blade of elendil in yellow because it will end battle hardened. Two ideas are have elendil's fury (after building 5 stacks) either make elendil's boon (another somewhat lack luster trait) last 5s OR the next blade of elendil will not end battle-hardened
    - Change demand attention so that grave wound it cannot be BPE'd by on-level targets in addition to being a force taunt
    - Increase damage on noble mark
    - Keep all marks available (if traited for them) in all lines, however nerf their effectiveness. Revealing mark would only be a 5% heal and telling mark would only be a 2.5% damage increase noble mark could remain unchanged. A set trait would increase the potency of the corresponding mark, A blue cappy would see revealing mark increases to 10%, a red cappy would have telling mark increased to 5% (advantageous attack would add 5% like normal) and a yellow cappy would see noble mark generate additional threat.

General:
    - Cappy DPS on landscape is low and could use a boost. I like the idea of boosting the archer DPS, maybe something along the lines of a normal LM pet in yellow without any blue traits. Enough to make a meaningful difference, but not enough to go out run some errands and still be standing when you get back.
    - increase moral of cappy pets in general
    - Yellow cappies have difficulties grabbing aggro. I would add extra threat generation to yellow banner, devastating blow, blade of elendil and pressing attack.

Ooo, Captain suggestions. Fun:
    • Remove all access to the rez from yellow line.
    • Make SotD self only and nerf it to around -50% (but let it stack with other inc damage sources).
    • Improve Captains capability to generate aggro in yellowline by buffing threat generated through healing and damage skills.
    • Increase the number of targets captains can hit in yellow line.
    • Remove the motivating speech aura in yellow line or turn it into a self only variant (perhaps with more defence focus) that doesn't stack with other captains.
    • Nerf incoming healing modifiers on captain by a fair amount (you know, so they don't hit 80% higher inc healing than anyone else can possibly reach).
    • Remove the trait granting 10 extra seconds of last stand (this skill somehow managed to be better than 90% of other tank CD's whilst having a longer duration).
    • Add a slight mitigation to the redirected damage from In Harms Way.

Also gonna throw in a fancy blue talent change:
    • Gut revealing mark.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Also gonna throw in a fancy blue talent change:
    • Gut revealing mark.
    Or just make it only available in blue (either gained on spec or as a talent/tree specific bonus)
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Only things I can agree with are

Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    To kick start the ball rolling (will add more later) I would like to see:

• A 25% increase in dps to make landscape/questing a little faster plus help us contribute more support dps when raiding.
      In addition to a flat increase across the board, all of our skills and how they scale should be reviewed. Damage output on some skills simply does not fit well with character level. Furthermore significantly increasing mastery and critical rating doesn't seem to provide as strong a dps gain as with other classes (which is why devs need to look "under the hood" a bit more for this class)

• Oathbreaker Reset to be a trait line option (far down in red line)

I don't know why captains would ever need a buff in any other section then this (obviously not including blue line), captains are needed for every raid, and they are the best single target tanks in the game with a double rez in every trait line. Let's not forget 100% broken survival skills that last 17-25 seconds each.

From all the ridiculous changes I've seen people suggest, was the removal of bluemark(revealing) the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen being asked regarding captains class.

Blue mark is in a fine position atm, not overpowered, but yes it's strong. But thanks to the mastery changes, it doesn't payoff as much as it did before.

Apart from it all, I personally think things are fine as it is apart from blue line.

Redline maybe should deserve a little more attention regarding DPS, but this should not be OP or a strong change in the DPS output. The DPS output of a cappy was never as sustainable, so I think maybe the burst damage needs to be slightly enhanced and be put back in it's old place. I don't ask for more sustainable DPS, but I do ask for the return of the strong burst damage captain had. Shadow Lament and Devastating blow feel very weak imo, despite having tons of swap weapons for those skills. On landscape mobs, they feel very strong tho, but in instances it's just weak and captain dps output falls below that of a guardian, which should never have happened I think.

At the release of Helms Deep, captain damage stood on par with the damage output of a burglar, though the class had a handicap for being slow in compare to a burglar, more burst and less sustainable dps. Which would lower the DPS output in compare to a burg if you somehow ruined the burst rotation or had a parry on one of your burst skills.

Anyway, heres a post from me :

short buglist from me

- Time of need damage bonus on imbued class item seems not to be working as intended -> doesn't give the dmg bonus.
    - Time of need attack speed bonus seems to be in conflict with routing cry depending on order. For example, when Time of Need is used before routing cry, routing cry replaces the attackspeed bonus (penetrating cry from red). It'a a bit weird, but I noticed it while using blue line with Time of Need and penetrating cry from red.
    - Time of need doesn't stack with routing cry (not sure if it's intended or not)
    - Defeat Events buffs are exploitable, upon having receiving a defeat event. Example: When using Time of Need, you're able to use rallyingcry and routing cry attack speed buff at the same time. If you're quick enough, both buffs will be bestowed upon you. Rallyingcry -> Routing cry (Some players may not like this, but imo I don't think you're supposed to get 2 def event buffs from 1 def event trigger)
    - Elendil's fury doesn't always proc, see other forum thread. (also it's just useless imo cuz elendil onetick 20% redu vs hardened -15% redu is just useless, try to make something else from it SSG.)
    - Imbued legendary item with the legacy " Muster Courage Fear resist " above rank 35 (Legacy rank) creates conflict with the brother link towards the fellow, or pet. The conflict is when you basically press To arms and then switch away from the weapon, the buff immediately disappears.
    - Muster courage selfheal only applies once the animation has ended. Due the long animation, I mostly cut this one with kick, but maybe ssg can do something about it x)
    - Do something with the horrible pet system, make em more useful or something, or else bring back our old banner! (I MISS THE OLD BANNER)
    Might post more later

brother buff bug :

Under this, I'll list people their posts (that I think are important), as for the topic regarding the buglists and scaling issues : https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...aptain-buglist

Quote Originally Posted by ColMcStacky View Post
    I remember posting a list of bugs that I made in another thread somewhere, but I can't seem to remember where. I'll just repost it here, as many of them really do need attention. Most of the bugs I noticed are related to blue-line. I'm not sure if you want to include general issues that aren't necessarily bugs in the thread. If not, I'll remove them from my list. Just give me the word.

• Cry of Vengeance (cappy rez) will send a person to the respawn point when used when not on solid ground/being punted by an enemy ("jump rez").
    • Heal from Standard of Honour (blue banner) did not scale to reflect current morale pools.
    • Heal from Standard of Honour (blue banner) is not affected by the Area-effect Healing legacy.
    • Heal from Standard of Honour (blue banner) is not affected outgoing healing.
    • Heal from Standard of Honour (blue banner) cannot crit.
    • Heal from Standard of Honour (blue banner) is not affected by the Standard of Honour trait which is supposed to increase the healing potency/damage on placement.
    • Heal from Standard of Honour (blue banner) is not affected by Relentless Optimism trait which increases AoE healing.
    • Heal-over-time components of Rallying Cry, Words of Courage, and Inspire did not scale to reflect current morale pools.
    • Heal from Gallant Display did not scale to reflect current morale pools.
    • Heal bonus to Inspire (Song-Brother) from Gallant Display buff only affects initial heal, not heal-over-time component. (Affects both components for power-restore.)
    • Heal from Valour (blue capstone) did not scale to reflect current morale pools.
    • Yellow trait Steeled Resolve says it gives +2/4/6/8% max morale, but actually gives +1/2/3/4%.
    • Yellow capstone, Elendil's Fury, grants false defeat responses that do not augment Rallying/Routing Cry skills.
    • Heal from Last Stand did not scale to reflect current morale pools.
    • Pet cooldown clockfaces do not always accurately reflect the cooldown time remaining on skills. (Also true for loremaster and spider pets.)
    • Master of War buff (redline) does not cause tactical skills to crit, but is consumed if they crit naturally.
    • Melee Skill Power Cost legacy reaches max buff at approx. rank 49/54 at -25%, then continues to decrease until it hits -20% at rank 64. Has no secondary benefit to make up for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeneth View Post
    Regardless of how it's accomplished, Captain should be more efficient solo than it is now. It's a heavy armor class without the biggest benefit of usually being one, being able to pull many mobs at once due to lower survivability in red, and low AOE dps. Sure its primary role is group support, and it's useful in groups, but this is no excuse as to why it should be such a poor experience alone compared to most other classes, especially the other melee classes. Other classes that are useful in groups are typically given other skills that help them out when they are alone, but captain doesn't get much in the way of that. Other classes are able to use their primary role advantages to benefit themselves solo (survivability, aoe dps, heals, etc.) to a high extent. Captain buffing its own damage is nice, but it's already so low that it still doesn't come close to actual DPS, nor does it have the survivability of a tank (outside of yellow, and yellow is beyond slow solo), nor the heals of a healer. It's kind of just mediocre in all of those areas rather than good at one, which in a group works well since its damage buffs do offer a huge benefit in that setting, and their other skills can suffice at a support level, but solo this doesn't make for an efficient character.

There needs to be something that gives captain an advantage solo, that won't give them skills in a group that make them too powerful. Whether that's more self buffs, better heals, more DPS when playing alone, or a mix of them. Stances are one thing that people have mentioned, and while not everybody likes the idea, it may be one option. Another option would be something like making a new herald (or adding on to the archer) that give strong buffs/heals/dps/whatever ONLY to the captain when it is out, and wouldn't affect other players in a group. I do want to see blue captain become a viable spec, but it is important to think about how nerfing revealing mark affects red captain solo. If red captain is given things to make up for it, then I wouldn't have a problem with that, but if it's not, then captain is going to end up even worse solo than it is now, and it's just going to become a class that's not fun to play, which will overall reduce the number of them. Even for group classes you have to make solo play an enjoyable experience since, even with people who often group, a large portion of the game is done alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Asy1 View Post
    • All known and unknown bugs fixed as per the previous posts.
    • Whilst i can see the various points surrounding nerfing reveal mark, if this was to happen i'd like to see a counter balance for soloing captains.
    • Reform the lines is an awful skill, this needs to be reworked - big AOE heal with a reasonable CD or something...
    • I hate the fact IDOME and Motivation are not in a effect when riding.
    • Remove Shield of Dunedain incoming healing and replace with duration.
    • Change LS heal to something useful like duration.
    • Add another force taunt in yellow.
    • Make the specific corruption removal skill into something useful and obviously keep its original purpose.
    • Pets reworked, there useless and mindless.
    • Ground targeted banner is too clunky when fighting. (Appreciate you can go 4/5).

Will add more when i think of them.

I think a DPS buff for captain is quite necessary myself, I don't think we would be OP at all with one. Right now we are pretty much bottom of the barrel DPS, even in red. It's negligible in a group, and at times painfully slow solo. As DPS support, sure, our first role is to buff our allies' DPS, I think we can all agree there. After that though being able to contribute a decent amount of DPS compared to normal DPS classes shouldn't be too much of a stretch I would say. Even with a significant DPS boost, nobody is going to start replacing real DPS classes with more red captains in their group because we still wouldn't be bringing those kind of numbers, and nobody is saying we should. There should be a big difference however, between a red captain who is maximizing their DPS in a group while still buffing, vs. a captain is who is just buffing and kind of foregoing their DPS. Right now I feel red captain's dps is kind of a take it or leave it sort of thing. Your group isn't going to care if you are barely putting up any numbers yourself as long as you are buffing, because our damage is so low regardless, but I don't think that should be the case. To make a comparison, since the last balance update, if left to use DPS gambits, then my blue warden in full tank gear is able to do more damage than my red captain in DPS oriented gear single target wise, and significantly more AOE. Personally i just don't think that should be the case at all. A red captain should be a tier below real DPS, but still doing much more than a tank in tank gear. That's not to mention how some blue guardians have said they're able to get their shield smashes up to 100K now.

Something not many people mention, but I really wish would change is captain's AOE dps. I don't think it would be too much to give us 1 or 2 new AOE skills to help us deal with multiple opponents when soloing. In mordor and beyond one of the biggest problem with the solo captain is multiple mobs, and how even just 1 too many can be the death of a captain. We deal with groups of mobs very slowly, and being able to have just a bit more AOE dps, at least in red, is not something that would be over the top but would make playing a captain solo a significantly better experience than it currently is. I'm not saying it needs to be AOE focused, but I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to have a bit more than we do right now.
    The new global changes to mastery and monster health that has hit BR has made Captain move much faster solo and given them more potential to help out with DPS in a group. There's a bit of a noticeable drop in survivability, but overall it feels much better. If we can just get some better scaled heals overall then red captain will be perfect in both group and solo IMO.
    Apart, sorry if I missed the people who spoke about nerfing certain skills or making new skills. I don't think captain should receive a nerf in any way, guardians still topple our DPS and this shouldnt be happening imo.

thanks x)

I’m on my phone so I don’t have time for a deep analysis into your post but I’m just gonna debunk literally the 2 things that you say:
    Mastery nerf had very little effect on dps, dps is about the same as it was at U22. The mastery nerf was needed because I did some rough calculations and I saw that if mastery was the same as it was yellow rks would be parsing 100k. So basically, blue mark is exactly where it was at 115, broken.
    Also, the reason guards should do more dps than cappies is because cappies give massive buffs in red line. I agree with a dps increase, but no where near where guards at.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGoliath View Post
    I don't think captain should receive a nerf in any way
    The quintessential problem of most feedback threads: “No nerfs, only buffs!”

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    The quintessential problem of most feedback threads: “No nerfs, only buffs!”
    yes, but not every class is the same.

do you want to imply that a captain needs to be nerfed?

cuz 90% of the forums will laugh their ### off

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGoliath View Post
    yes, but not every class is the same.

do you want to imply that a captain needs to be nerfed?

cuz 90% of the forums will laugh their ### off
    I haven’t really implied anything have I? I’ve outright stated “Hey, this thing needs a couple of nerfs along these lines.”

I know the question wasn’t directed at me, but yes I do want captain nerfs.

Can we actually have Blue lilne fixed? It would be nice to see a real heavy armored front-line healer. Especially now when Beorning is to recieve Heavy Armor and eager to overtake the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    Only things I can agree with are

[/LIST]
    I don't know why captains would ever need a buff in any other section then this (obviously not including blue line), captains are needed for every raid, and they are the best single target tanks in the game with a double rez in every trait line. Let's not forget 100% broken survival skills that last 17-25 seconds each.
    i agree with this person. the only thing captains need is a bump to base dps. i would prefer that bump was made by reducing both the cooldowns and the animation times on their skills. it would pump up their power useage, but the captain would still not feel it.

i mean leveling one up you have some periods of just watching your character auto attack because everything is on cooldown. that's rather boring and makes combat feel slower than it really is. is beornings and guardians can fling around 2h weapons in the blink of an eye, than the aragorn archetype should as well.

Here some changes ill want to see for the Captian:

Fix a bug. Inspire with active Blade-Brother doesnt scale with the Li-Attributes

Bleed damge for the tank masterys are not needed. Maybe just replace it with a reflect or tankness for the Herald.

This isnt useful since the Herald does no damage. One effect from the blue Loremaster would be nice here.
    Just take a look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by Teyaha View Post
    i agree with this person. the only thing captains need is a bump to base dps. i would prefer that bump was made by reducing both the cooldowns and the animation times on their skills. it would pump up their power useage, but the captain would still not feel it.

i mean leveling one up you have some periods of just watching your character auto attack because everything is on cooldown. that's rather boring and makes combat feel slower than it really is. is beornings and guardians can fling around 2h weapons in the blink of an eye, than the aragorn archetype should as well.
    Yes leveling a cappy you get the feeling that there aren't enough skills - many times just doing nothing because of cooldowns there are no available skills to press. Cappy either needs 2-3 more skills with short cooldowns (3-4 seconds) or some shorter cooldowns on existing skills. Shortening cooldowns on existing skills is easier from a developement standpoint and would make the changes easier to adapt to.

You're right that power usage could be impacted by more frequent skill use and create an issue for captains, so that may have to be adjusted as well.

Reducing battle shout's cd would essentially allow use of 2 more short cd skills, effectively solving this issue. If the cd on battle shout were shortened something would need to be done regarding battle ready state - like making it a separate skill/toggle that has to be played after battle shout, or that automatically applies if not currently in a cooldown. That way the duration and cd of the battle ready state could be preserved - meaning 15 second duration and 20 second cd, or in other words you can't have it up continually.

Quote Originally Posted by NavarreBlood View Post
    Yes leveling a cappy you get the feeling that there aren't enough skills - many times just doing nothing because of cooldowns there are no available skills to press. Cappy either needs 2-3 more skills with short cooldowns (3-4 seconds) or some shorter cooldowns on existing skills. Shortening cooldowns on existing skills is easier from a developement standpoint and would make the changes easier to adapt to.

You're right that power usage could be impacted by more frequent skill use and create an issue for captains, so that may have to be adjusted as well.

Reducing battle shout's cd would essentially allow use of 2 more short cd skills, effectively solving this issue. If the cd on battle shout were shortened something would need to be done regarding battle ready state - like making it a separate skill/toggle that has to be played after battle shout, or that automatically applies if not currently in a cooldown. That way the duration and cd of the battle ready state could be preserved - meaning 15 second duration and 20 second cd, or in other words you can't have it up continually.
    this is felt more keenly on the legendary server, where we are not going to have improved sure strike for quite some time. battle shout always has it's full cooldown which makes rotations out of red extremely ######.

@vastin

Dear SSG, this is just a suggestion from me

listen to the players, they say captain should just stay as it is, but rescale some of the things (blue etc) and maybe revamp the herald.

anyway, I hope you guys dont go your own path and break the class, because I will scream if you do. If the class gets ruined for the people and me, I'm not gonna sit back and accept it, just so you know.

This is just a warning, because I'm ready to go all-out if you break this class.

Many people are afraid that you guys will break it, and I think rightfully so.

I'll post the buglist here from what I did gather:

• Elendil's fury broken.
    • Last stand doesn't always proc.
    • Time of need damage bonus on imbued class item seems not to be working as intended -> doesn't give the dmg bonus.
    • Time of need attack speed bonus seems to be in conflict with routing cry depending on order. For example, when Time of Need is used before routing cry, routing cry replaces the attackspeed bonus (penetrating cry from red). It'a a bit weird, but I noticed it while using blue line with Time of Need and penetrating cry from red.
    • Time of need doesn't stack with routing cry (not sure if it's intended or not).
    • Defeat Events buffs are exploitable, upon having receiving a defeat event. Example: When using Time of Need, you're able to use rallyingcry and routing cry attack speed buff at the same time. If you're quick enough, both buffs will be bestowed upon you. Rallyingcry -> Routing cry (Some players may not like this, but imo I don't think you're supposed to get 2 def event buffs from 1 def event trigger)
    • Elendil's fury doesn't always proc, see other forum thread. (also it's just useless imo cuz elendil onetick 20% redu vs hardened -15% redu is just useless, try to make something else from it SSG).
    • Imbued legendary item with the legacy " Muster Courage Fear resist " above rank 35 (Legacy rank) creates conflict with the brother link towards the fellow, or pet. The conflict is when you basically press To arms and then switch away from the weapon, the buff immediately disappears.
    • Muster courage selfheal only applies once the animation has ended. Due the long animation, I mostly cut this one with kick, but maybe ssg can do something about it.
    • Cry of Vengeance doesn't work when not ground targeted.

Other's buglist

• Cry of Vengeance (cappy rez) will send a person to the respawn point when used when not on solid ground/being punted by an enemy ("jump rez").
    • Heal from Standard of Honour (blue banner) did not scale to reflect current morale pools.
    • Heal from Standard of Honour (blue banner) is not affected by the Area-effect Healing legacy.
    • Heal from Standard of Honour (blue banner) is not affected outgoing healing.
    • Heal from Standard of Honour (blue banner) cannot crit.
    • Heal from Standard of Honour (blue banner) is not affected by the Standard of Honour trait which is supposed to increase the healing potency/damage on placement.
    • Heal from Standard of Honour (blue banner) is not affected by Relentless Optimism trait which increases AoE healing.
    • Heal-over-time components of Rallying Cry, Words of Courage, and Inspire did not scale to reflect current morale pools.
    • Heal from Gallant Display did not scale to reflect current morale pools.
    • Heal bonus to Inspire (Song-Brother) from Gallant Display buff only affects initial heal, not heal-over-time component. (Affects both components for power-restore.)
    • Heal from Valour (blue capstone) did not scale to reflect current morale pools.
    • Yellow trait Steeled Resolve says it gives +2/4/6/8% max morale, but actually gives +1/2/3/4%.
    • Yellow capstone, Elendil's Fury, grants false defeat responses that do not augment Rallying/Routing Cry skills.
    • Heal from Last Stand did not scale to reflect current morale pools.
    • Pet cooldown clockfaces do not always accurately reflect the cooldown time remaining on skills. (Also true for loremaster and spider pets.)
    • Master of War buff (redline) does not cause tactical skills to crit, but is consumed if they crit naturally.
    • Melee Skill Power Cost legacy reaches max buff at approx. rank 49/54 at -25%, then continues to decrease until it hits -20% at rank 64. Has no secondary benefit to make up for this.
    correct me if I miss a bug here, for further on there's a lot of suggestions and discussions on the captains buglist thread, made by me earlier.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...aptain-buglist

People have discussed a lot on this thread about revealing and possible suggestions made by each-other, there's a lot of thought in here.

I myself do disagree with some of the suggestions, but I'm not gonna bother w/ it in this post. Also, some of the suggestions have been fixed by the mastery stat changes.

But I highly advice @Vastin or any other dev to read through this.

thank you

Last edited by WhiteGoliath; Feb 13 2019 at 01:40 AM.

Contrary to what others say: don't touch reform the lines. It's underappreciated and does exactly what a support healer needs.

Ideas for blue:
    Words of courage triggers tactic after a battleshout. Making blue captains the only one able to open battle hardened from a range.
    Incoming healing buff on Word of Courage.
    Standfast: trait buff for Muster Courage to give a -5% or -10% incoming damage buff for 1 or 2 traitpoints respectively, instead of a pityful self-heal.
    Tone down revealing mark to 10%
    AoE heal and AoE tactical damage upon using Elendil's strike (this loses battle hardened). A strike of hope and fear. Can you hear the roar, "Elendil!"?
    Substantial increase of tactical damage. In a way, as damage is not our primary role, not even in red, where red offers damage support buffs to the group, and blue offers healing hands, I tend to feel that the captain damage output should not be too far off from one another, but of course still in favor of the Master of War.

recommend vastin to keep an eye on the captain forums too, I'm still updating stuff there :P

When capt changes coming? I hear it will be big nurf and ruin the class. True or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_X View Post
    When capt changes coming? I hear it will be big nurf and ruin the class. True or not?
    What should be nerfed further? The own dps, oathbreaker, the companions....?

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Most people forget that the captains group damage buffs got nearly doubled in there potency, with the mastery changes.
    Captains own DPS is not teribble but could be better, i think making his animations faster and buff 2-3 spells could be enough.

What deffenitly needs a nerf is his healingmark its waaaaaaaay to powerful.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Yeah. Make the captain a light armour melee class with fate as mainstat. All buffs self-only. No skill to do more than 100 DPS.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast