We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    Most people forget that the captains group damage buffs got nearly doubled in there potency, with the mastery changes.
    Captains own DPS is not teribble but could be better, i think making his animations faster and buff 2-3 spells could be enough.

What deffenitly needs a nerf is his healingmark its waaaaaaaay to powerful.
    This is why they make the mastery changes that this percentage bonuses become worth again.
    Yeah and healingmark is a special case. But maybe should be the dd dps be reduced compared to the Inc dmg on the dd that the 15% aren't enough to keep them full. On non dd it's works fine a liitle help for the healers.

Revealing is pretty broken, yes

just make sure that captains are capable of holding that kind of healing. The healing through a captain his DPS is great for solo play, but for group its pretty broken.

Just split the mark in 2, create one for the group and one for the captain himself. Captain his own dmg is not as strong, which makes revealing quite fair to use as a captain.

The same mechanic exists in noble mark, except noble has a dmg tick. So for example, revealing for group "on any dmg: return 5% of damage" and for the captain "on any dmg: return 10% of dmg" or something. This way the captain maintains a unique way of holding his survivability. Anyway I want the captain to hold this unique healing for himself, I don't want to see those boring % heals or whatever HoTs that screw up its current way of healing.

I would prefer. Reduce the healing Mark to 5% and make the heals from the noble group wide

Remove Healing Mark complitly from the game or change its healing to sort-of fixed value (like other skills, depends on mastery and so on, but not just percentage based). The Mark should be a small addition, a hot like ability, not the main source of healing. Besides that, buff all heals in general, remove "sacrifice" mechanic, allow captain to heal himself. Add reactive heals, single and group saves to Blue line Captain.

Or let healing Mark add a +x% Inc healing Bonus for y s after hitting the Marke target.
    E. G. 10% for 10s

Imo they can dump the herald completely. Its clunky to use and easily lost in t2 raids and pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Litreb View Post
    Imo they can dump the herald completely. Its clunky to use and easily lost in t2 raids and pvp.
    I do think the herald needs to have a hard look. It either needs to be buffed to the point of being as effective as LM pets, or eliminated and having the core captain strengthened. I'd personally rather go back to being able to just drop a banner wherever without a cooldown and buffing up the captain's survivability/dps for soloing.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval

I'd hate to see Heralds removed completely; they are such a definitive part of the Captain class. Giving the option to ditch the herald for a banner is fine though.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Erionor is offline Captain of Gondor, showed quality
    Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    I'd hate to see Heralds removed completely; they are such a definitive part of the Captain class. Giving the option to ditch the herald for a banner is fine though.
    I like the heralds too and wouldn’t want to remove them. It would be nice if they were a bit stronger, but I can see why LM pets are stronger than heralds as the LM is squishier than the captain, so an equivalent herald might make the cappy too tough. A modest boost would be nice.

On healing, don’t mess with the marks, but buff rallying cry back to what it was a few months ago. It just isn’t good enough since the morale pools increased. Maybe, if you have to, make revealing mark still do 15% for the captain and less for the group, say 5-10%. That would be easier than having different versions of the same skill and less confusing.

What I would like, however, are more cosmetic options for the herald. What if we could equip cosmetic outfits on the herald, like we can on our own character? I’d rather have a human herald than the oathbreaker, but the human soldiers are a bit boring. Even just one outfit slot that you could tailor with head, shoulders, chest etc. They could be uniformed to match the captain himself, or you could have a herald of Rohan/Gondor, or a ranger etc. Now that would be awesome.
    Last edited by TheArtilleryman; Apr 22 2019 at 06:08 AM.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

To save the Serverperformance a bit:

The Healmark get a fixed value and the Captain get a Passiv Bonus, when hitting on enemies with Healmarks.
    e.g. 5% for all and additional +10% for the Captain (result for +15% for all Captains that hitting that enemy.)
    So you solve direct the problem with 2 Captains in a Raid.
    Best would be the change to "A Mark" instead of the "My Mark" for Buffs (shadowslament damagebonus, valiant strike Hot).

We have Skirmish Soldier Outfits, some should rework (at least the faces) that would be an option for the Herald too. Use already implemented features to save time.
    (Please do not allow things like Hobbit Herald with Pans in hands and pots as helmets - even if that would be the right to show the damage done)

Increasement of the Moral and Resistance of the Herald would be fine too. They give a small benefit, but that is often the difference by the squishies to survive or not. The Resummon is very anoying, but you know, what we captains do for our fellows.
    The Herald has no strong skills and switching does not change the skilloptions, as the Loremaster Pet does.

The +40% Damage increasement work fine on lower level (60) but later +40% on nearly nothing is still nearly nothing and not 2-3 points worth.

generally, we lack heal scaling. Revealing should probably be removed, or get some new design. This can be 5% for group and 10% dmg return to morale, which would keep it equivalent to 15% revealing but then only for the captain himself. The group will get 5% dmg return in that case. If they intend on removing revealing, then the selfhealing of the captain needs to be beefed up significantly.

Maybe rescaling muster courage - selfheal, to make up for the gap that revealing left behind. Maybe something that can be toggled, a heal that consumes 1000 power every 3 seconds when toggled on. Do something that covers the gap of the missing mark.
    You could bring back defensive strike, give it physical mitigation & tactical mit boost for the cpt (as armour value is less effective, for example in the moors)
    Make a 3th defeat event, maybe bring back War-Cry with some buff changes?
    Replace heralds with the option to plant down old banners with beams of light like we used to? Give them something like a passive heal.
    Maybe give our pet some kind of healing ability?

WhiteGoliath

Or make healmark give 0.5% of maxmorale per hit for everyone this would reduce the hps on dpser a fair amount and buff the rest a bit, and noble mark that the marked target have 10% less out dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    I do think the herald needs to have a hard look. It either needs to be buffed to the point of being as effective as LM pets, or eliminated and having the core captain strengthened. I'd personally rather go back to being able to just drop a banner wherever without a cooldown and buffing up the captain's survivability/dps for soloing.
    Agree. LMs have alot more dps and cc than the cappy so there is no argument that the Lm should have better pet than cappy because he is light armour. Dump Pet for cappy and change banner as described above.

or make it a stance, with which you can choose which bonus you will give your fellows similar to the current 3% mits, 2% dmg etc, that the cappy is the herold himself with the possibility to be your own shieldbrother etc. offtopic: the last should be the same for all classes. as for the protections of guards etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2