We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Finesse and essence questions on U23 lvl 120 WARDEN TANK

Hey guys and warden players,

I have a question about warden's finesse level and essences as tank (I was playing warden as dps before but now I want to learn how to play it as tank) and was wondering if you can help me about it.

Right now I have blue 360+ equip and slotted vitality essences and tactial mitigation essensec. I found it's really hard to reach good stats here. My tactial mitigation is just around 43% now, so I guess I used to many vitality essences here and should bring tactial mastery on cap first. What do you think? Should a warden tank first try to cap mitigations + b/p/e? My morale is around 225k now, so probably it's better to change some essences.

About finesse: I was using purely tank equip right now and feated + finesse from yellow tree. But I feel like to waste 10 points is too much for it. Should I probalby save these points for more dps and slot 2 finesse essences? Or should I equip one piece of dps equipment (offering some more pm and finesse) with 1 finesse essence? How much finesse should we try to get? Right now I only have around 35k finesse, so around 12%.

Maybe you already find a good level on warden.

U23 made changes to Mastery; reduced max to 200% and increased the diminishing returns factor, making it much harder to max. Read it here Update 23 release notes in the "Classes" section. The Devs want the players to use other traits such as BPE, Mits, resistance and such.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Only way to have 360-ish blue gear this soon in the update is lootboxes - direct loots if you get lucky, and ember barters. I suppose you got a decent stash of keys. Which is fine - so do I. But I am afraid you wasted those keys. They mentioned specifically that they are not going to have best available gear on ember vendor until several weeks into the update, so that people can gear via instances and beat T2 and stuff, earning their original challenger titles fairly. Some time in the future, lvl 370+ blue stuff will be on ember vendor. Hopefully there will also be some single-use blue crafting recipes in 370+ range (I got a lvl 380 shield crafted, it's a monster)

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Only way to have 360-ish blue gear this soon in the update is lootboxes - direct loots if you get lucky, and ember barters. I suppose you got a decent stash of keys. Which is fine - so do I. But I am afraid you wasted those keys. They mentioned specifically that they are not going to have best available gear on ember vendor until several weeks into the update, so that people can gear via instances and beat T2 and stuff, earning their original challenger titles fairly. Some time in the future, lvl 370+ blue stuff will be on ember vendor. Hopefully there will also be some single-use blue crafting recipes in 370+ range (I got a lvl 380 shield crafted, it's a monster)
    Yeah you are right I spent some money to get those keyes. I just wanted to have a good starter set so at least I can try to tank some instances, even on t2 (well yesterday after patch I found out this is damn hard!) and I really don't have any problem to support SSG by spending some money Reason is once I hit lvl 120 with my 345 - 360 gear I fell off the chair when I realise my stats. How can you even think about tanking with such stats? Even if you bought pieces of this blue 360+ set you still have a goal to archieve. Yesterday on you toutube I saw someone picking blue 361 gear with 4 slots and my eyes become so big :P

About my finesse problem I was changing some things yesterday already and I found a good way for myself. If I don't feat finesse in yellow tree I have around 10k finesse, which is far too less. I was changing 2 tank rings with 2 dps rings with finesse on it and slottet 2 finesse essences. I have around 13% now which is quite okay-ish for me

Quote Originally Posted by Naythrim View Post
    Yeah you are right I spent some money to get those keyes. I just wanted to have a good starter set so at least I can try to tank some instances, even on t2 (well yesterday after patch I found out this is damn hard!) and I really don't have any problem to support SSG by spending some money Reason is once I hit lvl 120 with my 345 - 360 gear I fell off the chair when I realise my stats. How can you even think about tanking with such stats? Even if you bought pieces of this blue 360+ set you still have a goal to archieve. Yesterday on you toutube I saw someone picking blue 361 gear with 4 slots and my eyes become so big :P

About my finesse problem I was changing some things yesterday already and I found a good way for myself. If I don't feat finesse in yellow tree I have around 10k finesse, which is far too less. I was changing 2 tank rings with 2 dps rings with finesse on it and slottet 2 finesse essences. I have around 13% now which is quite okay-ish for me
    It was damn hard, cause they calculated the damage wrong for end content mobs, they will fix it soon... hopefully.
    ::: GWAHIR ::: ::: Waechter der Klamm ::: Kraatos | Warden | 120 ::: Grimnirr | Champion | 120 ::: Tasatir | Hunter | 120 ::: Shamroc | Rune-Keeper | 120 ::: Niike | Minstrel | 120 ::: Balflear | Burglar | 115 :::

I would be wary of those 360+ four slotters that likely come from running scaled Gondor instances. The present itemization clearly does not intend 4-essence armor and 3-essence jewelry. At best they will nerf the loot tables on those instances. At worst they will delete any such gear - along with any essences people put into it.

I would be wary of those 360+ four slotters that likely come from running scaled Gondor instances. The present itemization clearly does not intend 4-essence armor and 3-essence jewelry. At best they will nerf the loot tables on those instances. At worst they will delete any such gear - along with any essences people put into it.
    Lol this just isn't ever gonna happen, what a ridiculous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Lol this just isn't ever gonna happen, what a ridiculous statement.
    Seconded. When was the last time that an old loot table was changed? We've been begging for them to remove the bland Helm's Deep loot tables for years now, but its still here.