We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Taldeen View Post
    I recommend using swap equipment(at least the class item). Most groups do ONLY tactical or ONLY physical damage.
    If i remember correctly:
    Dwarfs: tactical(shadow)
    Orks: physical
    Dragons: tactical(frost)
    1th Boss: tactical(frost)
    2th Boss: tactical(shadow) & some physical
    3th Boss: tactical(frost)
    4th Boss: physical & minimal tactical from adds.

100k tactical & 140k physical without buff is fine, if you use all your gambits. More defs is easier ofc.
    okay thank you. tried this. worked quite well.

after getting mits as you said. what would you slot? vita? inc healing? it's not like I haven't consider it but the thing is...essences are expensive and I do not have enough ash to try things.

+I agree on the dance of war issue. it should be way shorter. ..If buffs would last 45 secs wardens would be in a way better place. NS could be changed into sth better, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hildilas View Post
    okay thank you. tried this. worked quite well.

after getting mits as you said. what would you slot? vita? inc healing? it's not like I haven't consider it but the thing is...essences are expensive and I do not have enough ash to try things.

+I agree on the dance of war issue. it should be way shorter. ..If buffs would last 45 secs wardens would be in a way better place. NS could be changed into sth better, too.
    Probably defs & vita. Maybe finesse up to 40-50k. Inc healing is mostly worthless atm. But you can prep some swapgear for inc healing and bpe for the raid.
    Concerning Essences: Farm Utterby or Pay2Win.
    Heiwyn ~ Warden ~ Belegear
    Taldeen ~ Hunter ~ Belegaer
    Dagan ~ Minstrel ~ Belegaer

Quote Originally Posted by Naythrim View Post
    Well before U23.1 I could tank instances on t2 with my warden (though I tried this only in glimmerdeep and the 6 man instance) but yesterday I was struggling very hard in glimmerdeep. But SSG said already damage of high level mobs in wrong / bugged and they gonna fix it very soon. The new raid is still not out, so I think nobody can say now if warden will be viable for it or not, especially in t2 or t3 later.
    I have tanked Glimmer T1 and T2. Was fairly smooth, but epic fail in T3. Way too much damage, my self-heals couldn't keep up. Group was a mini and RK. Didn't have too much of an issue with holding aggro, but I have noticed that troll punts seem to dump aggro on to other members. If DC is halfway through CD, that can suck. But the first boss was really an issue.

I'm not really sure what the state of the Warden is, but count me as one that is somewhat flabbergasted and frustrated right now.

T3 instances, Glimmerdeep at any rate, feels like it's dealing raid level damage.

I'm not really sure what the point is with the insane damage mobs are doing, especially the trash. Mits are 51% physical, 45.4% tactical. I have no idea where we're to go to cap mits for T2/T3 content, let alone deal with Crit D, critical rating, incoming healing, finesse, etc.

Color me frustrated. I know that Warden isn't the only one feeling this pain right now. I have seen the Ember gear and it is, shall we say, odd with the stats that are offered on the items.
    True character is not something shaped from without, or put on, but it is something radiating from within

Quote Originally Posted by Tasatir View Post
    so true... so true.

At the moment it's not really fun to play the warden as the tank.
    No, it's not.
    True character is not something shaped from without, or put on, but it is something radiating from within

Quote Originally Posted by swamphobbit View Post
    I have no idea where we're to go to cap mits for T2/T3 content, let alone deal with Crit D, critical rating, incoming healing, finesse, etc.
    I get them from some equip, from 150/160k mits on, i get them by gambits only. I don't really bother much with selfheals most of the time if i have a healer. Mostly because mits and BPE feel way more important. Esp. stun protection.
    Heiwyn ~ Warden ~ Belegear
    Taldeen ~ Hunter ~ Belegaer
    Dagan ~ Minstrel ~ Belegaer

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hildilas View Post
    Hey,

I need your help. Should I try to play my tank warden as before or do you think Guards and Captians are still the tank to go with?
    I tanked T2 HM inis in Mordor but did not get the chance to tank a boss in the raid. No one trusted the warden tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbrahil View Post
    Captains and Guardians are still the way to go, imo. The current state of Tank-Wardens is just sad, despite the recent "class-balancing" for Blueline. The recent changes to ratings just made it worse.

Regarding DD-Warden, I would say it's by far the more worthwhile choice at the moment. Our damage is on spot.

But bear in mind, that you have to use the Abyss-Setbonus (+3 DoT-Impluses) and presumably the Throne-Setbonus (+25% Bleeding-Damage) to be competitive.
    A tank warden needs to be played really well and if so, i would prefer a warden in the 3 man and in the 6 man for tanking. (i play also tank & DD warden and guardian). But the tank warden has been discussed here already.

For the DPS warden you don't need any old set bonus to be competitive. I did T3 runs in the 6 man with my DD warden. Of course many things are depending on your equipment AND on your group! The best run with my DD warden in a T3 6 man was with a hunter as second DD (and Cappi/LM/GU & MI, i got the blade brother for the groups and the hunter got it for boss fights). At the ork groups my DPS was regularly around 130-150K with spikes above 180K. Single target DPS on boss fights was at max around 35-40K, but i don't play my DD warden really well in terms of rota for single target damage. So i think a better DD warden could go easily over that 40K. Again all this is very depending on your group setup.

If you (the OP) would like to have a bit easier life with your warden, go for the DPS warden. If you would like to be exceptional, go for the tank warden and make people be astonished.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    A tank warden needs to be played really well and if so, i would prefer a warden in the 3 man and in the 6 man for tanking. (i play also tank & DD warden and guardian). But the tank warden has been discussed here already.

For the DPS warden you don't need any old set bonus to be competitive. I did T3 runs in the 6 man with my DD warden. Of course many things are depending on your equipment AND on your group! The best run with my DD warden in a T3 6 man was with a hunter as second DD (and Cappi/LM/GU & MI, i got the blade brother for the groups and the hunter got it for boss fights). At the ork groups my DPS was regularly around 130-150K with spikes above 180K. Single target DPS on boss fights was at max around 35-40K, but i don't play my DD warden really well in terms of rota for single target damage. So i think a better DD warden could go easily over that 40K. Again all this is very depending on your group setup.

If you (the OP) would like to have a bit easier life with your warden, go for the DPS warden. If you would like to be exceptional, go for the tank warden and make people be astonished.
    How do you gear as a DD warden? Any ability to see screenshots of gear/traits would be awesome

Mirage | Fathom | Situational Awareness | Reformed
    Arkenstone | Shadowfax | Treebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Taldeen View Post
    I get them from some equip, from 150/160k mits on, i get them by gambits only. I don't really bother much with selfheals most of the time if i have a healer. Mostly because mits and BPE feel way more important. Esp. stun protection.

That's the conclusion I am coming to. I had a healer in that run and I'm not sure I was getting healed sufficiently enough, so I rolled through some of my self heals, which takes away from other things, and then there's the punts and stuns on top of all of the rotation I'm trying to keep rolling. I'm not putting it all on the healer - as it was my first time in there T3 - but I have run it without much heal support in T2. The healer did make an attempt to deflect blame to me, but that's not unusual, as it's "always" the tank's fault.

I could have played that particular run better, but I always feel that way, even after a successful run. I do not get into resting on past success. I have also heard that there are issues with healers in some of these instances, but I don't know how much stock to put into that.

The punts and stuns are quite disruptive. Even succeeding at T2 as I have, somebody went way way overboard in these instances with that mechanic.

As far as aggro management, a lot of people are in a hurry to get the run over, and sometimes I'm not even halfway through Battle Prep and the RK or the Hunter or whatever are lighting up the next mob. So I'm not Battle Prepped, I've got to run in with another Conviction and maybe a SoD and then DC.

Then as soon as I get aggro, I'll get punted or stunned and it's back to one of the other group members. DC is still halfway through CD, and the tank doesn't have aggro.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    How do you gear as a DD warden? Any ability to see screenshots of gear/traits would be awesome
    I have two red skill-trees (in the other one i change only the 4 target for marked targets to the blue light damage max)

Gear mix and match from what i could earn yet (and i see now, i forgot to change the agi legacy on spear to double-cast chance of marked target. and i'm still not sure about the recklessness crit rating legacy since i have already 23.9% crit without any buff ... and generally i need to take a look to the LIs )

Slightly on-topic: can someone point me to a decent Warden tank guide? Just got back after a hiatus and have trouble sorting out all the skills available to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    I have two red skill-trees (in the other one i change only the 4 target for marked targets to the blue light damage max)

Gear mix and match from what i could earn yet (and i see now, i forgot to change the agi legacy on spear to double-cast chance of marked target. and i'm still not sure about the recklessness crit rating legacy since i have already 23.9% crit without any buff ... and generally i need to take a look to the LIs )

Thanks! Looks really solid!

Mirage | Fathom | Situational Awareness | Reformed
    Arkenstone | Shadowfax | Treebeard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2