We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Trapper of Foes Change

Sup guys, was thinking of ways that yellow line can be improved. In groups, the cc from traps is often useless because people just spam aoe the mob packs, this needs to be changed to make traps usable in groups without yellow being op dps and cc. The way I see it, Trapper of Foes leans more towards a damage over time spec, and this change would play into that.

My change: Keep Set Trap skill as it is, but make it so that if the trap is broken from damage (not dropped after duration expires), a decent bleed is applied to the target. The idea to this is that traps can be usable in groups as cc, but also as dps instead if needed, and adds needed dps to solo play. The explanation of this working as it does is that the target is trapped, and then taking the damage rips the target out of the trap, opening a wound, but also freeing it from the trap.

Another way to make this even more interactive is to have it so if Heart Seeker (or another long cd skill idk) is used on a trapped target, it immediately consumes what would be the bleed as immediate damage. This keeps Trapper of Foes as mainly a DoT class, but also adds a bit of needed burst with Heartseeker.

Thats just my suggestion, thoughts on it?

There hasn't been a blue answer what their aims are for Trapper of Foes.
    This is the latest answer about Trapper of Foes I read.

"This is something we're still discussing in-house.

Traps are thematically interesting and have cool effects - but they tend to be rather mechanically clunky, requiring careful setup and teamwork to make effective use of in a group setting.

They can also be quite powerful solo where a lone player has a lot more control over the scenario, but they tend to be a very slow way to grind landscape.

We could certainly improve their role in either case, but regardless of which way we go, it tends to be a complex skill set to work with behind the scenes, so we have to have a plan for it that we're confident of before we commit to it, because it's going to be quite a bit of work to get it right. In the meantime we can probably squeeze in some additional upgrades to the basic stats of traps (dps, cooldowns, etc) to make them a bit more competitive over the next few months, until we get a chance to more seriously update the line.

-Vastin " (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...75#post7839675)

Before they haven't chosen a direction our suggestion won't change much. There have been lots of them before.

To your suggestion: I think Trapper of Foes should get improved in its role. Support: CC and offensive debuffs. That's where it is lacking. Turning it into another dot based dps-class would be a loss.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.