We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranaan View Post
    ...personally I never understood people who hate/dislike/don't approve the direction a game take, still hang around and still apply to post in the forums here.
    The people that do that were likely some of the biggest fans of this game in the first place, and are sad at what it has become. People who have never had an interest in the game don't do that. (Like your example with WoW...) It's the people that LOVED the game, and hope that it will be good again that do these things. In other words, these people..are on your side. They love(d) LotRo and want it to succeed.

But continue to mindlessly fight with people just for disagreeing with you. It won't make LotRO better, it won't make the game last longer. But apparently, it is fulfilling some need in you peoples' lives to fight about stupid things on the internet rather than listening to each other and trying to understand somebody other than your own selves. It isn't hard to see why people complain. People complain when they CARE.

Quote Originally Posted by paintpixie View Post
    The people that do that were likely some of the biggest fans of this game in the first place, and are sad at what it has become. People who have never had an interest in the game don't do that. (Like your example with WoW...) It's the people that LOVED the game, and hope that it will be good again that do these things. In other words, these people..are on your side. They love(d) LotRo and want it to succeed.

But continue to mindlessly fight with people just for disagreeing with you. It won't make LotRO better, it won't make the game last longer. But apparently, it is fulfilling some need in you peoples' lives to fight about stupid things on the internet rather than listening to each other and trying to understand somebody other than your own selves. It isn't hard to see why people complain. People complain when they CARE.
    In most cases you are correct. In this case that couldn't be further from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Moveonpal View Post
    This isnt about a different opinion this is about one individual who doesnt play the game attempting to invade, destroy, attack, undermine and drive people away.
    I left this game about a month ago too. And it was people like you who helped make the decision much easier for me. People who raise concerns don't "drive people away". People who ignore the concerns, dismiss people who have valid concerns, and treat them like trolls just for having differing opinions DO. This community becoming so toxic is a good enough tell for me at the state in which the game is currently.

I think you should really take a step back here. You clearly aren't thinking rationally. Log out of your brand new, throw away account. Go do something else for awhile and calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by paintpixie View Post
    I left this game about a month ago too. And it was people like you who helped make the decision much easier for me. People who raise concerns don't "drive people away". People who ignore the concerns, dismiss people who have valid concerns, and treat them like trolls just for having differing opinions DO. This community becoming so toxic is a good enough tell for me at the state in which the game is currently.

I think you should really take a step back here. You clearly aren't thinking rationally. Log out of your brand new, throw away account. Go do something else for awhile and calm down.
    I dont need advice from someone who "leaves a video game" and still complains about it on the forums. You obviously have enough to worry about you should worry about yourself. If others like me on here drove you away that was obviously a victory for others in game. Be nice if they made these forums for VIP only get rid of all the trolls and haters. There are plenty of people who have different opinions and make fair critiques of the game. What he and you apparently do is not that.

I dont need advice from someone who "leaves a video game" and still complains about it on the forums. You obviously have enough to worry about you should worry about yourself. If others like me on here drove you away that was obviously a victory for others in game. Be nice if they made these forums for VIP only get rid of all the trolls and haters. There are plenty of people who have different opinions and make fair critiques of the game. What he and you apparently do is not that.
    You're mistaken. I haven't been complaining about the game.

You are probably right, though. You are probably better off without me and my advice. I hope you have a nice evening.

Ban kickman! Let someone else deal with his issues. There is no other hobby where a dude like him would be allowed to stay in. The community and those in charge would throw his pathetic ### out.
    Aha and based on what you calling for a ban exactly? Based on Kick politely expressing his concerns and opinion? Man I haven't laughed this much for days How about you first read forum Community Rules?

7. Dec 08 2018, 06:39 PM
    Reason
    quote was wrong

90% of his post are attacks. . .
    Not only is that 90% figure vastly overstated. But your own percentage is a firm 100%.

--H

People put this person on ignore & do not bother with responding to them. It is quite clear what they are trying to accomplish.

They have no room to talk about anyone given they have to hide behind a newly created username. Pathetic...

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    So, you were presented with a valid argument and instead of having an active intelligent debate, you choose to personally attack the other poster because you are a SSG supporter. I would expect your post will also go without any moderation or infractions as well. But, just simply pointing out how this has occured over and over in this thread whenever a supporter is presented with valid arguments the claws come out and they attack. It is sad, it is weak and it shows you are just on a bandwagon.
    Of course I am an SSG supporter... Why wouldn't I be. They provide the game that I enjoy playing. If I enjoyed WoW I would be a Blizzard supporter.
    Of course someone who supports something or someone doesn't have to always agree with them.

Trying my very best to keep this on topic............ the legendary servers are a great idea. Innovative? Who cares... there is more than enough folks who enjoy playing it, to make it completely worth the effort... however large or small that was... I don't care about that. All I care about is that the game is still giving me enjoyment at any particular time. At times when it doesn't I just don't play.

So basically, all the folks who don't like it for what ever reason can quite validly make your point but cannot prove that this has been anything less than a success and that hurts you and you have to retaliate to the old classics like SSG supporter - oh your post will go without infractions - your claws come out and the good old jump on the band wagon.

If the half a dozen folks on this thread who are vehemently trying to put down not only the LS but everything that happens lately were capable of inward reflection then this would have happened some time ago... So, as I said in an earlier post, you never listen but just look for an added area to attack.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

?

Thread: New "Legendary" server fails.
    I think the LS has done a bang up job and has not failed for what they wanted to do. With f2p and vip being separated, I can image they have gotten some subscriptions from it with vip's being absent from live.
    'Ú-damdir.' Welcome to the Fourth Age of this World - The game breaking days.
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West." <- This was even messed up too.

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post
    All I care about is that the game is still giving me enjoyment at any particular time.
    Here is where we differ to such a degree the divide between us is an ocean. I support this game in a myriad of ways that can't be measured in wealth. I could go on about myself but I see no need to do this. This thread isn't about me. What I don't support is how and why it has and is changing. Yet through all this change, I still find the time and the means to continue to support this game in my own way. Those invaluable ways a bean counter cannot fathom. On a basic level the LS are counterproductive to the ways I choose to support this game. They are for now and likely for the long term future.

Lucky for me, I found a place where proportionately, I believe, who have a larger group who think and act in a similar way. This "All I care about crowd" has in some sense stolen from me and my server some of its depth and character. Though I admit a good number, of the full-time-working-I-need-to-vent, evening trolls are absent. All those taboo topics are way down in occurrence. The overall effect isn't a whole lot different than in the days of consolidation. Groups split apart. Friends and their time shared lessened. Essentially an unbinding of all the ties made through connections in game. It is my concern and mainly one though experience, where if these new servers were to flop the product of this outcome would further the effects created during the days of consolidation. The consolidation days devastated communities and many left to never return. The re-naming policy further this degradation. So, what of the brand new players? How many of them would continue on if these new servers were merged or outright closed? I can tell you many would not continue.

Do you think for one moment Turbine or SSG cares about anything I put above? I can say at face value they will say they do, but when it comes time to put it to the test they will be a no show. Continue to support SSG and LotRO as you will but one day don't ##### when you are at Bree alone with Credit Card in hand questioning in that particular moment in time. Where is everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    Here is where we differ to such a degree the divide between us is an ocean. I support this game in a myriad of ways that can't be measured in wealth. I could go on about myself but I see no need to do this. This thread isn't about me. What I don't support is how and why it has and is changing. Yet through all this change, I still find the time and the means to continue to support this game in my own way. Those invaluable ways a bean counter cannot fathom. On a basic level the LS are counterproductive to the ways I choose to support this game. They are for now and likely for the long term future.

Lucky for me, I found a place where proportionately, I believe, who have a larger group who think and act in a similar way. This "All I care about crowd" has in some sense stolen from me and my server some of its depth and character. Though I admit a good number, of the full-time-working-I-need-to-vent, evening trolls are absent. All those taboo topics are way down in occurrence. The overall effect isn't a whole lot different than in the days of consolidation. Groups split apart. Friends and their time shared lessened. Essentially an unbinding of all the ties made through connections in game. It is my concern and mainly one though experience, where if these new servers were to flop the product of this outcome would further the effects created during the days of consolidation. The consolidation days devastated communities and many left to never return. The re-naming policy further this degradation. So, what of the brand new players? How many of them would continue on if these new servers were merged or outright closed? I can tell you many would not continue.

Do you think for one moment Turbine or SSG cares about anything I put above? I can say at face value they will say they do, but when it comes time to put it to the test they will be a no show. Continue to support SSG and LotRO as you will but one day don't ##### when you are at Bree alone with Credit Card in hand questioning in that particular moment in time. Where is everybody?
    Very melodramatic.

Well if the ways you support the game a non monetary, then your argument is not valid. If everyone did that, there would be no game.
    I understand that you feel hurt that your friends have deserted you to play on the LS but change your support stance and join the crowd once again.

If not, then just wait 6-12 months or until new end game is released and fixed and most will have returned from the LS back to their home worlds.

Just because we don't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't be. I hate Rune Keepers and think the whole concept was pathetic but I don't bleat on about it.
    I used to be obsessed with pvmp until around 2013 and now I really think it should be removed from the game entirely as it is a complete waste of time... just my opinion - others love it still.

So, yes if this game is ticking my boxes I will be there "credit card in hand" to continue supporting. When it doesn't I will have my say and then not play. If it changes, I will play again. There is far too much free mentality in this game and a bitterness towards those who do support it. Biting the hand that feeds them.

I will say this again, If I take my family out for a movie and a pizza, it will cost me a lot more than a years VIP.

Have a little perspective.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

?

Very melodramatic.

Well if the ways you support the game a non monetary, then your argument is not valid. If everyone did that, there would be no game.
    I understand that you feel hurt that your friends have deserted you to play on the LS but change your support stance and join the crowd once again.

If not, then just wait 6-12 months or until new end game is released and fixed and most will have returned from the LS back to their home worlds.

Just because we don't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't be. I hate Rune Keepers and think the whole concept was pathetic but I don't bleat on about it.
    I used to be obsessed with pvmp until around 2013 and now I really think it should be removed from the game entirely as it is a complete waste of time... just my opinion - others love it still.

So, yes if this game is ticking my boxes I will be there "credit card in hand" to continue supporting. When it doesn't I will have my say and then not play. If it changes, I will play again. There is far too much free mentality in this game and a bitterness towards those who do support it. Biting the hand that feeds them.

I will say this again, If I take my family out for a movie and a pizza, it will cost me a lot more than a years VIP.

Have a little perspective.
    You can say my words aren't valid but I know and you know they are. I also pay for this game and have for over 10 years. You made assumptions which are incorrect. This means I doubly pay to play this game.

My feelings about this game on a personal level as to how I relate to it have nothing to do with what I said about the past and its truth. Very few I know, bothered to play on LS. The rest see through the smoke clearly. It is the larger playerbase, I speak about and their concerns and desires, I read about in World Chat.

BTW I wouldn't eat your scraps because you have never fed my gaming experience here in this game.

Your narrow focused perspective could use a wider scope. Just sayin.

"I will say this again... words"

Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    You can say my words aren't valid but I know and you know they are. I also pay for this game and have for over 10 years. You made assumptions which are incorrect. This means I doubly pay to play this game.

My feelings about this game on a personal level as to how I relate to it have nothing to do with what I said about the past and its truth. Very few I know, bothered to play on LS. The rest see through the smoke clearly. It is the larger playerbase, I speak about and their concerns and desires, I read about in World Chat.

BTW I wouldn't eat your scraps because you have never fed my gaming experience here in this game.

Your narrow focused perspective could use a wider scope. Just sayin.

"I will say this again... words"
    Your alleged Phd in Political Science tells me that you are fluent in the art of bullsh1t and you can spin any old cr@p to make your point however invalid that is.

Look into your historic and current peers for a lesson in how to really do a good job.

?

If you hadn't qualified in an earlier post that you were only here to troll then I would engage and teach you the error of your thinking but as it is ther eis no point as you won't listen to anyone's viewpoint other than your own.

WoW is lucky to have such a devotee
    So, you were presented with a valid argument and instead of having an active intelligent debate, you choose to personally attack the other poster because you are a SSG supporter. I would expect your post will also go without any moderation or infractions as well. But, just simply pointing out how this has occured over and over in this thread whenever a supporter is presented with valid arguments the claws come out and they attack. It is sad, it is weak and it shows you are just on a bandwagon.
    Your alleged Phd in Political Science tells me that you are fluent in the art of bullsh1t and you can spin any old cr@p to make your point however invalid that is.

Look into your historic and current peers for a lesson in how to really do a good job.

My repeating theme detector just lit up.

Of course I am an SSG supporter... Why wouldn't I be. They provide the game that I enjoy playing. If I enjoyed WoW I would be a Blizzard supporter.
    Of course someone who supports something or someone doesn't have to always agree with them.

Trying my very best to keep this on topic............ the legendary servers are a great idea. Innovative? Who cares... there is more than enough folks who enjoy playing it, to make it completely worth the effort... however large or small that was... I don't care about that. All I care about is that the game is still giving me enjoyment at any particular time. At times when it doesn't I just don't play.

So basically, all the folks who don't like it for what ever reason can quite validly make your point but cannot prove that this has been anything less than a success and that hurts you and you have to retaliate to the old classics like SSG supporter - oh your post will go without infractions - your claws come out and the good old jump on the band wagon.

If the half a dozen folks on this thread who are vehemently trying to put down not only the LS but everything that happens lately were capable of inward reflection then this would have happened some time ago... So, as I said in an earlier post, you never listen but just look for an added area to attack.
    And you are right, as of right now it is a success, but at what cost? The regular servers are becoming more and more dead, which means those populations are dropping. More resources are being pumped into gimmicks which proves some of the people in admiration of this server wrong. That was my main concern since day 1, is that this server would pull resources away and it already has. That is fine in some people eyes because the resources are going to "Paying" customers. But at the same time, I pay for points and spend more per year than 1 year of sub, so I as a customer am now forgotten? How many others are like me and are turning away? Those were my concerns. I did not want this sever to fail at all, I wanted it to bring back players and retain them after the 3 month cycle. But now I log onto my regular servers and see barely anyone running anything. So yeah, the population has been split and that is not good, especially when the server that split it, still contains the pay 2 win gimmicks which are only getting worse. I mean can you deny, they did not touch crafted or dropped gear pre-level 50 but updated the lootbox gear? That clearly is a joke especially since you guys are paying for that content. Anyway, I am glad people are enjoying it and it is doing better than I expected, I hope the trend continues. As I have said since the beginging, if this server is still packing in the numbers when the 3 month cycle is up, than I will call it a success.

On another note, I would like to thank the other posters in this thread for defending me whilst I was away and a troll took the advantage of the weekend to attempt to derail this thread and bait me where I would "go off" on them. It to me shows how sad, some of the posters on this forum are that they would create troll accounts to do such things.

Because of the Legendary Servers. . .

1. The devs are now going back and making older parts of the game more "pay to win" just as they've done at endgame.
    2. The devs are now revisiting the old landscape more and "updating it". . . thus (according to many reports). . . spreading the "unfixable" crashes that used to mostly affect Minas Tirith across a larger swath of Middle-earth.
    3. The population is now split between the original servers and the legendary ones.
    4. The performance of the game client (aside from the crashes) continues to deteriorate. Which will only get worse as they revamp more and more prior areas to accommodate the Legendary Server progression.
    5. Those who don't care about stats being for sale, endgame equipment being for sale, and various other shenanigans we were once promised would never happen have yet another reason to avert their eyes and yell at everyone else that everything is fine.

That's five. I'm tired. Of course there are more.

If seeing those --relatively self-evident-- things listed like that angers you, and makes you want to psycho-analyze those who notice such things, or makes you want to drive them from the forums or the game, I suggest you take your own advice and look inwards.

The Legendary Servers would have been my ultimate favorite LotRO development. If only they'd removed the Store from it and made a good-faith effort towards rebalancing the game's difficulty/grind in its absence. But alas, that will never happen. Because we apparently aren't done pretending that the Store isn't destroying this game bit by bit.

--H

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post

The Legendary Servers would have been my ultimate favorite LotRO development. If only they'd removed the Store from it and made a good-faith effort towards rebalancing the game's difficulty/grind in its absence. But alas, that will never happen. Because we apparently aren't done pretending that the Store isn't destroying this game bit by bit.

--H
    and that is my biggest thing. Remove the store and balance it and they get my 15 bucks a month for it. But, as you mentioned the p2w features thrown in, the crashes ect. just push me away.

and that is my biggest thing. Remove the store and balance it and they get my 15 bucks a month for it. But, as you mentioned the p2w features thrown in, the crashes ect. just push me away.
    They could have even said that lifetime subscribers would need to subscribe to it separately and I would have been all. . .

Hello everybody. After i noticed that i haven't put number 7 fact it was already late and people already gave answers over my topic so i didn't want to disturbed the flawency of the topic. Anyway i know what the missing number 7 fact is and i ll put it here.

7. ESSENCE SYSTEM on level 50 content!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHA

Well at least we have Dol amroth cosmetics available earlier :P
    REMOVE Rohan Kingstead Homestead from the open world map it ruins the immersion and a shame for the ART.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleziana View Post
    Hello everybody. After i noticed that i haven't put number 7 fact it was already late and people already gave answers over my topic so i didn't want to disturbed the flawency of the topic. Anyway i know what the missing number 7 fact is and i ll put it here.

7. ESSENCE SYSTEM on level 50 content!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHA

Well at least we have Dol amroth cosmetics available earlier :P
    LOL yeah I can not believe that that is preferred gearing method. They somehow managed to fix lootbox gear for pre level 50 in this last patch but crafting and other gear was left untouched. But clearly not pushing the store lol.

LOL yeah I can not believe that that is preferred gearing method. They somehow managed to fix lootbox gear for pre level 50 in this last patch but crafting and other gear was left untouched. But clearly not pushing the store lol.
    Lol still crying about a video game you dont play? What's wrong pal your life suck that bad this is the only place you can get 3-4 other people to pat you on the head and tell you good job? Can you show the group where lotro touched you? Oh and Yeah please try and "go off" on me that would be hilarious.

People like you are the problem with video games. Sad, pathetic little ####s sit and cry about video games they dont even play, your mentality is simple, you are a loser who isn't happy so nobody can be happy. If you tried this in any other hobby you wouldn't last a day because the community would throw your worthless ### out. Why the video game community allows toxic, mentally challenged, lonely "adults" like you to continue is beyond me. I guess it's usually only allowed in forums and why most forums are empty. At least the four of you can continue in peace patting yourself on the heads.

They should open legacy forums where only people who support the game can post. Man what a breath of fresh air having a topic that you dont hijack into your own weird sick crusade.

Give it a rest your sick, mentally challenged crusade against lotro has failed and will continue to fail. The game isn't going anywhere. The best part is most people dont even come to these forums and your 200 out of 488 post in a single thread are just here so four other posters can help you make it through a day by telling you how wonderful you are. That is pretty sad champ. But that's your life I'm sure the developers are concerned what you would do to yourself if they took the only thing you have in life away from you. So they allow you to bash supporters, developers and accuse the developers of illigal and fraudulent activities.

snip.
    grow up. Or like your forum name says, move on pal

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    grow up. Or like your forum name says, move on pal
    Oh I'm a grown up and not a coward to stand up to little ####s who have some weird, awkward obsession about a hobby they dont participate in that I do.

Oh I'm a grown up and not a coward to stand up to little ####s who have some weird, awkward obsession about a hobby they dont participate in that I do.
    grow up

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast