We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveonpal View Post
    \words
    You are not wirth the time and effort since you are clearly a coward whom decides to hide behind a fake account instead of confronting me like the adult you claim to be. So please, as you seem to have some personal vendetta with me, use the private message section instead of trying to derail threads where people were having engaging conversations. Until than, please as others have said, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    You are not wirth the time and effort since you are clearly a coward whom decides to hide behind a fake account instead of confronting me like the adult you claim to be. So please, as you seem to have some personal vendetta with me, use the private message section instead of trying to derail threads where people were having engaging conversations. Until than, please as others have said, move along.
    No vendetta against you pal I'm just speaking the truth about you from my one month here. I'm calling out a little #### (you) who clearly has some mental problems and feels a video game wronged him somehow, so here you are 201 of 490 post in a thread about a video game you dont play.

Whatever you say pal we are ALL anonymous here. I started in November like a lot of people ive met online actually, too bad your crusade to push us away is failing hmm. It's pretty sad it's taken one month for someone to finally call out your sick, mentally challenged crusade against a video game, who knows maybe there have been others and they realizes the developers are too worried about your wellbeing to take this away from you.

Having an engaging conversation? Almost every single one of your 201 post in this thread were you attacking supporters, developers, crying about a video game you dont play and accusing the developers of illigal and fraudulent activities. Yeah a really engaging conversion you hijacked into your personal crusade thread.

No vendetta against you pal I'm just speaking the truth about you from my one month here. I'm calling out a little #### (you) who clearly has some mental problems and feels a video game wronged him somehow, so here you are 201 of 490 post in a thread about a video game you dont play.

Whatever you say pal we are ALL anonymous here. I started in November like a lot of people ive met online actually, too bad your crusade to push us away is failing hmm. It's pretty sad it's taken one month for someone to finally call out your sick, mentally challenged crusade against a video game, who knows maybe there have been others and they realizes the developers are too worried about your wellbeing to take this away from you.

Having an engaging conversation? Almost every single one of your 201 post in this thread were you attacking supporters, developers, crying about a video game you dont play and accusing the developers of illigal and fraudulent activities. Yeah a really engaging conversion you hijacked into your personal crusade thread.
    In no way you contributed to any ongoing conversation here, you clearly came here to attack and insult, and that is not acceptable by standards most hold here and by forum rules as well. Either live up to your forum name or engage in conversations in a civil manner. Accent on civil.

Lol still crying about a video game you dont play? What's wrong pal your life suck that bad this is the only place you can get 3-4 other people to pat you on the head and tell you good job? Can you show the group where lotro touched you? Oh and Yeah please try and "go off" on me that would be hilarious.

People like you are the problem with video games. Sad, pathetic little ####s sit and cry about video games they dont even play, your mentality is simple, you are a loser who isn't happy so nobody can be happy. If you tried this in any other hobby you wouldn't last a day because the community would throw your worthless ### out. Why the video game community allows toxic, mentally challenged, lonely "adults" like you to continue is beyond me. I guess it's usually only allowed in forums and why most forums are empty. At least the four of you can continue in peace patting yourself on the heads.

They should open legacy forums where only people who support the game can post. Man what a breath of fresh air having a topic that you dont hijack into your own weird sick crusade.

Give it a rest your sick, mentally challenged crusade against lotro has failed and will continue to fail. The game isn't going anywhere. The best part is most people dont even come to these forums and your 200 out of 488 post in a single thread are just here so four other posters can help you make it through a day by telling you how wonderful you are. That is pretty sad champ. But that's your life I'm sure the developers are concerned what you would do to yourself if they took the only thing you have in life away from you. So they allow you to bash supporters, developers and accuse the developers of illigal and fraudulent activities.
    Oh I'm a grown up and not a coward to stand up to little ####s who have some weird, awkward obsession about a hobby they dont participate in that I do.

trolls allowed to troll for days, yet if I say something even a hair off, the points go flying. Gotta love it

Moveonpal please understand toxic posting is really not on. I am not quite sure why you are allowed to continue but as you are keep posting nonsense many around here, including me, feel compel to remind you that YOU are in fact in breach of several CoC rules https://www.lotro.com/en/content/community-rules

I have been on these forum long enough to remember times when all sort of shenanigans and nonsense were a daily occurance - and I also remember other times when forum moderation was franckly way too over the top. Since SSG took over these forum have been much better managed with voices on all sides been allowed to be heard, my hope is to see this continue, so I am politely asking the community team to look at this thread and apply some moderation where moderation is obviously needed.
    Amorey - Bard of the Shire

Yup, reported those posts... but I know from personal experience last month that the mods take a couple days until they clean things up.

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl

Quote Originally Posted by Amorey View Post
    I also remember other times when forum moderation was franckly way too over the top
    It still is. (It was even worse in the past)

I am politely asking the community team to look at this thread and apply some moderation where moderation is obviously needed.
    One of the massive problems with moderation is that users use it as a weapon against other users when they are unable to actually deal with their argument. They play the player, not the ball.

They also use it to get threads locked, often ending actual productive, interesting discussions for other posters.

In most cases, calls for moderation equate to little more than "I don't like this person/I don't want to read his/her posts, therefore no one else should be able to either"

The forum has an ignore feature. Many choose not to use it and prefer to serially (and selectively) report instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemond71 View Post
    In most cases, calls for moderation equate to little more than "I don't like this person/I don't want to read his/her posts, therefore no one else should be able to either"
    Indeed.

The forum has an ignore feature. Many choose not to use it and prefer to serially (and selectively) report instead.
    The only problem, it's not a real ignore feature. The post is still visible, just collapsed like a spoiler tag on other forums. Would be nice to see a true ignore, where you never have to see that person popping up in threads again. And that's not even to mention other people quoting them. This is an 11-year old problem that was never changed.

Fortunately I've seen moderation that deletes personally attacking posts without locking the thread. Hopefully that will happen here.

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl

You can disagree with someone's opinion without calling them a cancer on the game.
    That kind of posting should come with a perma-ban, in my opinion.

(edited as the forum censors the word beginning with C, followed by an R, an A and a P, which to me isn't a word that should be censored.)
    Hir i Meigol Bruinen/High Council Member of the EoI/Of the Exiles of the Hidden City/Meigol Bruinen, Uncle Seregnin's Misguided Children, Curse the name of Maeglin, the Treacherous Villain, forever, may he rot in the Halls of Mandos for all time....
    Player Councillor. http://www.swtor.com/r/XWNQXP is my refer-a-friend link for SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by VoronturEU View Post
    You can disagree with someone's opinion without calling them a cancer on the game.
    That kind of posting should come with a perma-ban, in my opinion.
    I've barely skimmed his posts, and while he might even have a few good points in there, they are well and truly buried in the rants and personal attacks.

That said, I don't think calling for forum bans has really ever come from an honestly helpful position. Many people just choose to be offended, and want those punished. A lot like those who turn off the profanity filter in game and then report players for swearing.

he might even have a few good points in there
    I must have missed those.

The company who manages this game continue to divide, separate, segregate the player base on several fronts and have for years. As a result, many upon many frustrated players have come here in hopes their words might be heard. Sooner or later some numpty always shows up, thinking they are at a gun range with a loaded shotgun and points at another and pulls both triggers.

I ask myself again and again why would the patrons of a community do this?

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    trolls allowed to troll for days, yet if I say something even a hair off, the points go flying. Gotta love it
    I feel your pain....

Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    I ask myself again and again why would the patrons of a community do this?
    People who just like to argue aren't looking for the truth, they're looking to be right, to win, or to get their way. All who participate in debate have the same but where decency draws a line is when a time to convene is passed we all walk away and respect if not agree with what the others have said. A lot on these boards do not have that. In fact I think we all have it to a certain degree.

Few people become eloquent enough or confident enough to push forward an opinion in real life and marry that with a huge percentage whose opinion has to heard as is their human right but also are a product of their education, environment and upbringing. Therefore we all have differing ways of expressing ourselves. However you get to a point where a line is crossed and education, environment and upbringing cannot be used to justify what is being said.

I think it is healthy that folks can speak their mind and moderation should be kept for people who think it is socially acceptable to use an evil disease to further a throw away comment.
    I just hope that one day the person who is sat at their computer typing this comes to realise that using terms and references like that are wholly unacceptable.
    Last edited by LabadalofDorlomin; Dec 11 2018 at 01:45 AM.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

?

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post
    I think it is healthy that folks can speak their mind and moderation should be kept for people who think it is socially acceptable to use an evil disease to further a throw away comment.
    I just hope that one day the person who is sat at their computer typing this comes to realise that using terms and references like that are wholly unacceptable.
    It is precisely this sort of overreaction that concerns me far more than anything the poster has said. This kind of moral panic leads to policing speech and thought. It helps no one.

I have actually had cancer. It was cut out in time and I'm likely to be fine.

I'm not in the slightest offended if someone wants to use the term "cancer" metaphorically. I understand non literal use of words. These days, many people choose not to because they so desperately want to be offended by something.

It is precisely this sort of overreaction that concerns me far more than anything the poster has said. This kind of moral panic leads to policing speech and thought. It helps no one.

I'm not in the slightest offended if someone wants to use the term "cancer" metaphorically. I understand non literal use of words. These days, many people choose not to because they so desperately want to be offended by something.
    Sorry to hear about the cancer. Good to hear you're doing better, and I hope it stays away.

I totally agree with you that some are more sensitive and system can be abusive but doing nothing is equally dangerous and bad. Playing guilt trip also. We have such people around, thinking they can come and do and say whatever, thanks to good people doing nothing. Good people finding excuses for others and being tolerant. Good people being told not to be snowflakes and whatnot. Where do we draw the line? Why would we always check ourselves and feel bad because someone else decided to went onto insulting spree more than once? But we are to stay silent and tolerant always, and to behave.

You let those people get away with such behavior and they think it's ok to do it again. We already had such example earlier in this very thread and elsewhere...

There is a line between such things as expressing opinion, having fit or bad day, and deliberately coming here with the sole purpose of insulting and hurting someone. Even free speech you mentioned recognize this and ends with call for violence and/or hate. In that regard we can say there is no real free speech anywhere.

I don't take offence at the word being used metaphorically, however, it begs the question sometimes, when used in certain contexts - why bother using it? We all know the offence it often causes, and there are so many other ways - more effective ways - to say the same thing, without any offence. So it seems senseless to me, unless a poster is using it, knowing full well, it's going to get some backs up. Intent!

I too have had cancer, and had it cut out. Unfortunately, another three have appeared, and they need to go too, but that will be after the new year. I'm pretty sure - I'll still be fine, once the procedures have taken place.

Calling out a fellow forum poster as mentally ill however, just because they have an opinion on the game, is a whole other kind of fish. It's put me off my dinner to be honest.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    We all know the offence it often causes, and there are so many other ways - more effective ways - to say the same thing, without any offence.
    There aren't always better ways. This particular metaphor, used appropriately, can be quite powerful. (I'm not arguing it was used well in this thread, more following the tangent of later posters who asserted it was always wrong to use it)

More generally, the problem is that anyone can choose to be offended by anything. Find what you feel is a more effective way - and someone can find that offensive too. The problem increases when scaled. Talk to 10 people, and you have a real chance of offending one. What if you talk to 100? 1000? Millions?

At some point it becomes impossible to talk about any idea of any kind without offending a lot of people.

I don't take offence at the word being used metaphorically, however, it begs the question sometimes, when used in certain contexts - why bother using it? We all know the offence it often causes, and there are so many other ways - more effective ways - to say the same thing, without any offence. So it seems senseless to me, unless a poster is using it, knowing full well, it's going to get some backs up. Intent!

I too have had cancer, and had it cut out. Unfortunately, another three have appeared, and they need to go too, but that will be after the new year. I'm pretty sure - I'll still be fine, once the procedures have taken place.

Calling out a fellow forum poster as mentally ill however, just because they have an opinion on the game, is a whole other kind of fish. It's put me off my dinner to be honest.

Yup, repeatedly.

Crossing all fingers that your upcoming procedures will be success.

In my opinion if a person spends 7 years almost 7000 post at 3 post per day complaining, attacking supporters, attacking developers, accusing those developers of illigal and fraudulent activities and posting 100+ times in one thread on a video game forum they DONT PLAY they have issues. If you think thats perfectly fine that's fine but I dont and i provided my opinion on it. I think he and others come here because they are allowed to bash supporters and a video game they dont like. This isnt just a lotro problem this in common in the genre and it causes more damage than any developer could.

I've said it a few times if he and others were not hiding behind a keyboard (we all are I know) and pulled this #### towards a hobby in real life he would get thrown out in a day.

So if my opinion saying those like him have issues interrupts your dinner...well you need to toughen up I guess.

At some point it becomes impossible to talk about any idea of any kind without offending a lot of people.
    Thing is there is no idea, there is no opinion on any ongoing conversation, no suggestions, nothing was said but personal, ugly insults.

In my opinion if a person spends 7 years almost 7000 post at 3 post per day complaining, attacking supporters, attacking developers, accusing those developers of illigal and fraudulent activities and posting 100+ times in one thread on a video game forum they DONT PLAY they have issues. If you think thats perfectly fine that's fine but I dont and i provided my opinion on it. I think he and others come here because they are allowed to bash supporters and a video game they dont like. This isnt just a lotro problem this in common in the genre and it causes more damage than any developer could.

I've said it a few times if he and others were not hiding behind a keyboard (we all are I know) and pulled this #### towards a hobby in real life he would get thrown out in a day.

So if my opinion saying those like him have issues interrupts your dinner...well you need to toughen up I guess.

Your accusations are false to begin with. He did support and expressed positive opinion on things he found good, and other way around.

I have some mail for Kickman. And since he appears to live in your head, rent-free, I'm going to need your address.

--H

Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    Thing is there is no idea, there is no opinion on any ongoing conversation, no suggestions, nothing was said but personal, ugly insults.
    It's nice of you to white knight for him but I think you need to toughen up a bit if you are offended by a random ananymous poster calling out another random ananymous poster on a video game forum.

I posted facts about him and my opinion on the damage posters like him do to a hobby I enjoy. I'm not sorry I didnt sugar coat it for the easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    I have some mail for Kickman. And since he appears to live in your head, rent-free, I'm going to need your address.

--H
    Sorry pal you will have to deliver your weird, Awkward love letter to him yourself. I replied to someone who was offended by my comments. In the reply you copied I was very clear when i said those like him which includes you btw.

So no hes not in my head but by your desperate attempts to defend him and beg for his approval pretty sure hes in your dreams every night, wouldn't be shocked if you have a picture of his avatar plastered all over your mom's basement.

-M

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast