We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Challenge Deeds in Deed Logs

One of my pet peeves is trying to complete as many of the Deeds in the game as possible. One of the worst experiences I've had as a founder, playing since the Beta, was the discovery of Challenge Deeds added after I had completed instances on-level. I want to know if the Legendary Server is going to have Challenge Deeds in the logs & which levels these deeds will be set at. If they're set for 120, like the current servers, then I will personally find it difficult to switch over to the Legendary Server.

Another concern / question, when will the next expansion area be open? Are you sticking w/ the four-month plan as originally explained? I don't have enough free time to take a character through everything I would want to pre-Moria in four months. I had heard that you were considering slowing that progression down. If you are planning this, or you have some rationale or pattern you're looking at, can you please share it?

I want to join the Legendary Server, but I can't justify starting over w/o knowing the answers to at least some of this.

I agree. Four months seems too fast for a casual player to quest through Eriador, craft, engage in Festivals, socialize, and reach and enjoy level 50 content, before Moria is released and the max level players move on. Not to mention working on an alt or two. Im a completionist as well, and already feeling the pressure!

I'm not really feeling any pressure yet, I'm just basing my decision on what I hear about those two topics. If I don't hear anything, then I will opt out of the Legendary Server. If it's not meant to be, then it's not meant to be. I can always start a new alt on my current server & benefit from having a couple 120 characters to help out, not to mention a fully-leveled & helpful kin.

But I can understand, from one completionist to another, how you feel that. My wife & I were discussing the Legendary Server when it was first announced & these two topics are just sticking points for us. I hope I hear something official from some source before too long, but I'm not stressing.

Angmar instances did not have challenge modes. Just T1. Moria added "T1C" challenges, no deeds associated with the challenges that I recall though. Then Mirkwood had T2 and T2C with deeds. So you've got a little while before we even get to that point. I would assume at that point the challenges will trigger at level 65. It's possible they could add in surprise T2 versions of Angmar instances, but I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Angmar instances did not have challenge modes. Just T1. Moria added "T1C" challenges, no deeds associated with the challenges that I recall though. Then Mirkwood had T2 and T2C with deeds. So you've got a little while before we even get to that point. I would assume at that point the challenges will trigger at level 65. It's possible they could add in surprise T2 versions of Angmar instances, but I wouldn't count on it.
    I certainly hope the challenge deeds will complete at their old caps in scaling instances.

If it follows the standard situation where Challenge deeds are added well after the content, I think that will be the nail in the coffin for me w/ the Legendary Server. I'm on the fence about it as is. It would need to be something more special that just the live servers w/ blinders on for me to want to invest the time in making another character & grinding through it all again. Just my two cents, but still holding out hope that some official word will be said about this.