We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Challenge Kins?

Challenge Kins?

I played another older game where there was a guild that would not allow any twinking to increase the difficulty level of the game. It made the game much more difficult for the members, but of course that is why people would join that guild, so it was voluntary. It was guild for people looking for a more challenging experience.

I am wondering if there is anything like that in LOTRO, and if so will be there be a kin built around this idea on the new server? That is, will there be a community of people who voluntarily limit there own power to make the game more like it was at launch? I haven't played in quite some time so I am not familiar enough with the mechanics to know what exactly could be done with in the game systems to make it more difficult.

I would be interested in joining such a community if such a thing exists.

Thank you.

Years ago, I was the leader of a guild in WoW that did this (Screams of the Past - US Draka).

We were a level 60 guild, only level 60 players, only gear and enchant that were present during Classic WOW were allowed. We landed up with hundreds of members, had multiple raid nights each week, and would regularly clear all 40 man raids being as close to "classic" as we could be.

At first it was a challenge, but even though we regulated our gear and enchants, so much of the spells and talents had been changed that it became pretty easy again.

I know there are kins in LotRO that limit themselves to certain level caps and play in the same manner (limiting gear, essences, &c.) but with all the changes to abilities and traits, I'm not sure exactly how challenging it is for them.

This is why people have requested a classic WoW server, and also why people feel let down by Lotro's legacy server.