We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question LOTRO Points Priority?

I have an old VIP account that will be returning for this new server. I'm very out of the loop when it comes to the store. That said I did always buy expansions when they became available for points. As I would log in monthly to make sure my stipend were still being issued. So beyond the expansions, what should I focus on purchasing with 21k points?

Thanks,

J

These are things you will want to spend points on:

- Premium Wallet
    - Extra Inventory Slots (buy them all, you can then customize your bags in game)
    - Mithril Coins (some things can only be bought with those, in game)
    - The travel skill reductions (Hurried, Expedient, and Returning Traveller, I think they are all called) to reduce the cooldowns on all your teleports
    - Extra Milestone skills, and Return To skills (every additional teleport you can get is wonderful, and only some can be earned through reputation)
    - Additional Shared Storage slots
    - Additional Wardrobe slots (you can add armour and weapons, even ones that you normally can't equip, to your wardrobe and then have those as extra options for your appearance)
    - Additional Outfit slots (if you really get in to different looks for your character)
    - The occasional cosmetic or housing item
    - Warsteed appearances and dyes (for when Mounted Combat opens up, these can eat up a lot of LP)

When you have your first bunch of Mithril Coins, go to Lalia's in Bree and use 3 MC to buy the Return to Lalia's travel skill. It's a permanent, extra teleport!

If you still have points after all that, I'll be shocked. And welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifenkraut View Post
    These are things you will want to spend points on:

- Premium Wallet
    - Extra Inventory Slots (buy them all, you can then customize your bags in game)
    - Additional Shared Storage slots
    Agreed, those will help very much.
    I will roll a hunter just to not have to worry about travel on the fresh server. I'm lazy.

If you have cash to burn, there are housing stations - superior that let you craft at your 'house' assuming it will be live.

Journeyman Riding Trait. It's 2995 LP, but the trait is account wide. All your characters on every server will get Riding ability as soon as they finish their racial starter zone. Also, every single horse, pony, and goat you own has its speed boosted to 78.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Journeyman Riding Trait. It's 2995 LP, but the trait is account wide. All your characters on every server will get Riding ability as soon as they finish their racial starter zone. Also, every single horse, pony, and goat you own has its speed boosted to 78.
    I second this heartily!
    Baellor, Ark : Not all those who wander are lost :

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifenkraut View Post

When you have your first bunch of Mithril Coins, go to Lalia's in Bree and use 3 MC to buy the Return to Lalia's travel skill. It's a permanent, extra teleport!
    Thanks for this tip!
    Baellor, Ark : Not all those who wander are lost :