We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mar Vanwa Tyalieva Kinship opens its doors.

One evening after much journeying a traveller from far countries came, as the lights were being kindled in many a window, to the summit of a hill amidst the houses of a goodly hamlet. At that time the desire of new sights is least, even in one whose heart is that of an explorer, and then even such a wayfarer turns his thoughts rather to supper and to rest and the telling of tales before the time of bed and sleep is come. And the traveller thought, "The hour of rest is at hand, and though I know not even the name of this fair seeming town upon a little hill here I will seek rest and lodging and go no further til tomorrow, nor go even then perchance, for its breezes have a good savour. To me it has the air of holding many secrets of old and wonderful and beautiful things in its treasuries and noble places and in the hearts of those who dwell within its walls."

Stepping as if by chance, he turned aside down a winding lane, till, a little down the slope, his eye was arrested by a dwelling whose many windows shone forth with a most warm and delicious light, as of hearts content within. Then his heart yearned for kind company and impelled by a great longing he turned aside at this cottage door. At his knock the door was opened in welcome and at his inquiry it was told to him that this house was called Mar Vanwa Tyalieva or the Cottage of Lost Play.

Mar Vanwa Tyalieva takes its inspiration from the Cottage of Lost Play, an early creation of Tolkien's found in the Book of Lost Tales, where a wanderer of the Race of Men is given rest and nourishment in an Elvish household full of the laughter of children and tales by the tale fire. We are an Elven-themed Kinship, maintaining housing in Falathlorn and taking a particular interest in Elvish lore. But we are not an Elf-exclusive kin. Like the lord and lady of the Cottage of Lost Play, we welcome all races and all classes.

We are a Kinship that values people. Our goal is to maintain a small-medium sized community where friendships can be developed and cultivated in a mature, friendly and supportive environment. We're interested in everything: questing, dungeons, crafting, exploration, RP and especially music. What could be better than doing all these things together, laughing along the way? We seek members who enjoy helping others, both within and without the kin. We strive for personal excellence in what we do, but we avoid a "hardcore" or perfectionist attitude. Another goal of MVT is to be a kin that enriches the entire LOTRO community, whether by the individual efforts of our members or by our efforts together as a group. We encourage our members to use our resources to express their creativity through the game in any manner they choose, whether it's transcribing music, running a dungeon in character or adding content to a LOTRO blog.

Most of all we want to be a place that our members can call a home.
    http://mvt.guildlaunch.com/

I applied, but I am waiting for the class transfers to ithil. They are saying Tuesday might be the day for transfers to be available. I am enjoying the game again, but it seems like a lot of power gamers and guild spammers are the original server. I know we will find them on any server, but joining the right guild can make that all go away with turning off world chat at times. I did create a few characters on ithil this morning, a human burglar, named Junaric, an elf champion named Kithcari, and a dwarven guardian named Jundar. I will most likely play the Burglar while I wait for the transfer to be initiated. Hoping to see you in game, safe hunting till then.
    Last edited by Talynblade; Nov 10 2018 at 02:33 PM.

Oh, good. I looked up your name this morning and you didn't exist so this explains it.

I applied! I chose Landroval from the drop down since Ithil isn't on there yet.
    On Landroval: Larhanya 85 Elf Hunter ~ Pimlia 75 Hobbit Minstrel ~ Rosimur 67 Dwarf Champion ~ Marithafled 76 Woman Warden ~ Mornuilos 38 Elf Rune-Keeper ~ Edeline 24 Woman Lore-Master ~ Dubrennil 85 Elf Guardian ~ Adanathriel 43 Woman Captain ~ Spinellina 24 Hobbit Burglar

Hi

I really like the sound of this. What are the usual playtimes for your kin? I'm usually on during GMT evenings. Just wondering if our times would match, before applying.

We are currently small and a bit spread out. Mostly across North America timezones. We did get a new member in the UK yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionnuala View Post
    We are currently small and a bit spread out. Mostly across North America timezones. We did get a new member in the UK yesterday.
    Ok. thanks for the reply. I put in an application (Frosti)

Smile Applied!

Just went through the application process for my Champion, Guts! Eager and waiting for reply!

Fionnuala I was able to transfer my hunter, Talynas to Ithil. When you get a chance shoot an i nviten and when I am in game I will search for for n officer for an invite. This is my long week of work.. Sunday -Wednesday 6 pm- 6 am, But I will be on Thursday - Sunday at some point at night, be it 9 ish. Look forward to playing after a long work week. Till then safe hunting !!

Btw hate using my I phone to post.. big fingers little keys never works out for me!! Add in auto correct and my grammar is like. 4 year old

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Nice kin advertisement. I have 7 characters on Ithil and have a few questions.

1. Do you have an active typed chat channel? I dislike voice chat for a variety of reasons and won't join a kin that uses it heavily.

2. Are you primarily a roleplaying kin? I got that impression from the first post but the more I read the more it seemed that while some of you might RP it isn't necessarily the main focus.

Thanks.

Istvana,

We do have a discord, but it is primarily for potential use during important coordinated activities, such as dungeons (if we find we have the need) or ambitious musical productions (of which I already have a few in mind). We have not actually used it yet (and I don't even have a mic, though my husband does) except to share some music files, but anything posted on discord will also be posted on our website. In game we use kinchat or fellowship chat. It is becoming more active as we have added members. There's been a lot of interest in our kin lately, which makes us happy. Of course, activity always depends on the members themselves! So if you like good conversation don't be afraid to start one. I've been in the position of looking for a guild in another game that doesn't talk almost exclusively in voice chat and I don't like it either.

Role-playing is so hard to quantify. And again, it depends so much on the members you have and what effort everyone puts into it. I'll tell you what I'd like us to be though. We're a casual kin and always will be. We don't require members to RP, but they have to be open to it and interested in immersion in the game. We're not (officially) going to mount any epic RP campaigns across Middle-earth, though if members wanted to organize that sort of thing themselves that would be awesome. I'd always support that. But the kinship's vision is more along the lines of being a place that aids in the creation of an immersive environment both for our members and the community as a whole. I intend very soon to start a weekly social RP event for music and tales in the tradition of the Cottage of Lost Play where hopefully many RPers from across the server will be able to meet and interact. We also intend to hold regular concerts which we view as in character events and encourage our members to interact with each other on stage and with the audience. Also I plan to host Elven holiday events based on the few bits of information we have from the books. Also many other events I have ideas for that you could view as being more on the light social RP end of the spectrum or could view as an opportunity for creating the bonds that will lead to more RP among the community as a whole. That's how I see it and I hope that we can attract quality players to help with this vision.

I hope I answered your questions.

I just noticed that a couple people had sent me messages earlier this month on the forums here. But there is no alert for private messages it seems so I only just saw them. If you want to contact me please contact me in game. My character is Fionnuala. Mail me, send me a tell. Or you can contact me at the kinship website.

Application submitted under Saeladreth. Hope to hear from you soon.

Tagged