We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What is up with the Hunter?

Greetings,

I have been a casual player from year one. I have taken a lot of breaks from the game during that time and to date my highest level toons are in the 70's. I dont know what to make of comments about the hunter class, some say OP some say broken... hell, I dont even really know what virtues I should be using lol. I have spent a lot of time digging through posts and nothing seems to be any more recent than 2017. Is there any resource that has current info on the class and mechanics?

Well, since they changed everything with U23.x.x.x you'll be hard pressed to find anything current

Virtues are capped and don't add much in the way of stats with the stat bloat that occured

Base stats don't (entirely) do what they used to, and they don't do them to the same magnitude they used to either

Everything is out of kilter at the moment - best advice I can give you is to hover and read all the stuffs on your character panel and do your best to adjust accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by darkmikenc View Post
    Greetings,

I have been a casual player from year one. I have taken a lot of breaks from the game during that time and to date my highest level toons are in the 70's. I dont know what to make of comments about the hunter class, some say OP some say broken... hell, I dont even really know what virtues I should be using lol. I have spent a lot of time digging through posts and nothing seems to be any more recent than 2017. Is there any resource that has current info on the class and mechanics?

Imo do not worry stats untill your level 120 anything under that is not worth investing time into since 120 is new cap.

Talk to some experienced hunters in locally known raiding kins on advice for your LI's your LIs come first as a hunter make them very perfect.

Once your 120 whas worked best for me is capping crit first while keeping relatively nice mastery percentage, your crits are 5x stronger than non crits thats why your non crit damage is very low so get your crit up to access the true threshold of the hunters dps levels.

Do not stand 40meter from mob and start nuking and die from aggro

make LI's perfectly maxed out again hunter is perhaps much more dependent on having maxed LI's than other classes but I cannot for sure say but even 1 wrong legacy/not maxed is quite a loss in dps for the class hunter

Be aware of who is in your group if you see fire rk/ lm you should go fire oils, but be aware of mobs that reflect tactical sooo is best just always ask in chat or check mobs yourself.

redline is current dominant dps tree

max your LIs

Critical rating + Physical mastery are your life and breath do not slot agility essences fate or anything like that simply physical mastery and critical rating

for virtues considering the massive stat bloat of 120 I'd just go with defence 1's and perhaps 1-2 with agility but for most part imo i just go with things like charity/innocence

Precision stance imo is one to use although if ever find enough time before a burst you can swap to strength for the bonus 20k crit rating for 10 seconds then swap back right before hs burst to give that extra 3-4% critical magnitude but let me note this always out of combat never in combat as you dot want fire a single skill without precision active

I wont get into rotation because hunter is a rotation you have to get a feel for not really instructed but 1 tip on rotation is our bleeds matter a lot now keep eye on the duration and cd to try optimise most uptime of all 3 bleeds on a target

In your single target build do not trait rain of arrows hunter aoe has been destroyed by dev's so only use it like in easy stuff or tagging in moors, your dps would rather you have bleed damage qs focus application chance stuff like that

Hope this helped you btw max your LI's
    Last edited by mikkye; Nov 09 2018 at 07:27 PM.