We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How important is race?

My friend deleted his lvl 105 human warden to make a High Elf one from scratch because it does more light damage and the attack line most widely used does this kind of damage.
    Is the difference so noticable as to remake a character?

Also one question, should i try to get evade as high as i can or try to divide my essences and items among the 3 block, parry and evade.
    Thanks in advance for your advices.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonir View Post
    My friend deleted his lvl 105 human warden to make a High Elf one from scratch because it does more light damage and the attack line most widely used does this kind of damage.
    Is the difference so noticable as to remake a character?

Also one question, should i try to get evade as high as i can or try to divide my essences and items among the 3 block, parry and evade.
    Thanks in advance for your advices.
    the difference in races is mostly cosmetic.
    The DPS difference is mostly in the range of 1-2% or something like that. Sure, you can minmax for that, but in most content, you wont see a difference.
    in the example of wardens: bleeds are quite strong for damage, too, nowadays and dont deal light damage...

About avoidance... you get a higher sum of avoidance if you raise all avoidance stats and in most cases, you look for reduced incoming damage and sum of avoidance is the way to go here.
    However, some classes rely on certain avoidances to activate some skills or passives. If thats the case, raising that part of avoidance more than the others makes sense. But if you just look at incoming damage, its best to raise all avoidances the same (with evade a bit more, because it works from behind and for projectiles, while block only frontal and parry only frontal melee). In case of warden... if you tank and use your defensive gambits which buff avoidances, those values should be high enough anyway. and most relevant bossmechanics ignore avoidance anyway, so its not that much of a deal... evade grants you a 1% heal of your maxmorale, so there is a point in raising it more than the others. still, the higher your avoidances are, the less you get from ratings... so sooner or later, there is no point in raising evade from 100000 to 110000, if block could instead go from 10000 to 20000 etc. Another point is: gambit buffs raise block and evade a lot, but parry only very little. So if I'd use avoidance essences at all for my warden (which I dont), I'd use parry to have it not lack THAT far behind.
    Last edited by Oelle; Nov 13 2018 at 05:46 PM.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

High Elf Light damage is not noticeable and often quite bugged. I think(not sure) it's an additive bonus to the baseline +~70%+ light damage you get already from being a warden.
    Does not matter a whole lot i feel.
    For pure tanking, i recommend human, since you get a strong parry bonus and 5inc% heal. Both are the most potent (but not game deciding).
    For troll tanking, get hobbit, pull and play dead .
    Heiwyn ~ Warden ~ Belegear
    Taldeen ~ Hunter ~ Belegaer
    Dagan ~ Minstrel ~ Belegaer