We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Glimmerdeep first Boss still broken!

I know probably hundreds of players said it already and probably SSG is already well aware of the bug, but at this point I just want to express my annoyance! U23 has been published over a month ago and since then you really can't fix the bug that the first boss of glimmerdeep is not resetting correctly if you are kicked from the platform? I mean I am starting to wonder what you are doing all the day with your time if you think that this bug is noth crucial enough to fix it. It has been over a month that U23 is out and this bug exists all the time. In the meanwhile you bring two new servers, changed the balanced, published T3 instances… not enough time for fixing bugs?

And please don't come with workarounds! I am not paying money to SSG to look for workarounds for bugs. Bugs should be fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by beacor View Post
    I know probably hundreds of players said it already and probably SSG is already well aware of the bug, but at this point I just want to express my annoyance! U23 has been published over a month ago and since then you really can't fix the bug that the first boss of glimmerdeep is not resetting correctly if you are kicked from the platform? I mean I am starting to wonder what you are doing all the day with your time if you think that this bug is noth crucial enough to fix it. It has been over a month that U23 is out and this bug exists all the time. In the meanwhile you bring two new servers, changed the balanced, published T3 instances… not enough time for fixing bugs?

And please don't come with workarounds! I am not paying money to SSG to look for workarounds for bugs. Bugs should be fixed!

Yup, had this happen today on T3. Pretty annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Thronr View Post
    Yup, had this happen today on T3. Pretty annoying...
    Same here. U gotta get the tank to have his back to the wall or off he flies. Doesnt always work though. Its a stupid mechanic all this flying toons. Funny first time u fly, not funny 50 times later.

This happens to every single boss in all the new instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    This happens to every single boss in all the new instances.
    No, it doesn't.

---------

As for the first boss in Glimmerdeep, i'm under the impression either someone from the designers or a gm leaked that they're thinking of placing an invisible wall at the open end of the platform to counter the problem. And ye, it's annoying. Very.
    Psorokostaina/Ippokratis/Kervertros/Teucros. Officer & Raid Leader for The Aegean Eagles, Evernight {EU}.
    The Aegean Eagles Forums
    The Aegean Eagles Calendar

so... it happens once and afterwards, you just dont trigger it ever again. whats the point?
    sure its annoying and should be fixed, but no player should encounter it twice, right?
    I mean... just tank him at the wall and he'll never kick you down anymore. Its not like he hits hard or couldnt be tanked and required kiting...

If anything is annoyingly broken, I'd see that at the second boss...
    He's unable to walk over a certain point and such can easily be kited around and never does anything. Everyone I know exploits this.
    And everyone who doesnt exploit this, has a very annoying fight with being permanently kicked, stunned or feared around, often resulting in resetting the whole fight (unless you again tank him at a wall or with your back to the tunnel).
    Plus, if you die, you can simply run in and fight on... as if the fight wasnt easy enough...
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    so... it happens once and afterwards, you just dont trigger it ever again. whats the point?
    sure its annoying and should be fixed, but no player should encounter it twice, right?
    I mean... just tank him at the wall and he'll never kick you down anymore. Its not like he hits hard or couldnt be tanked and required kiting...
    This is partly true. Players who have encountered the problem can try battling it with static tanking or occasional kiting at the other end of the platform if the tank/healer is not properly geared or absent. However, there's always an off-chance of him knocking the tank out of the platform when and if slightly manoeuvering to grab the adds. Generally, one can argue tactics and fight approaches. But such discussions should not be limited by and centered around designing flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    If anything is annoyingly broken, I'd see that at the second boss...
    He's unable to walk over a certain point and such can easily be kited around and never does anything. Everyone I know exploits this.[...].
    A lot of people have submitted a bug report for that including myself. They have replied that it is being investigated. It's a quite long discussion whether the players should or shouldn't be policing the game's designing flaws themselves. Reports have been sent. They are aware of the issue and they have patched the update numerous times since release without applying any changes or even identifying the boss pathing as bugged. Their silence is quite a strong argument in favor of anyone using the bug, no matter how obvious.
    Psorokostaina/Ippokratis/Kervertros/Teucros. Officer & Raid Leader for The Aegean Eagles, Evernight {EU}.
    The Aegean Eagles Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    No, it doesn't.

---------

As for the first boss in Glimmerdeep, i'm under the impression either someone from the designers or a gm leaked that they're thinking of placing an invisible wall at the open end of the platform to counter the problem. And ye, it's annoying. Very.
    Yes it does, I’ve expirinced it in every instance. Not only does this first boss bug, but I’ve seen rast-Gul bug and I’ve seen the dragon in TG bug.

Yes it does, I’ve expirinced it in every instance. Not only does this first boss bug, but I’ve seen rast-Gul bug and I’ve seen the dragon in TG bug.
    No other boss apart from Glimmer's 1st is guaranteed to bug after reset. TG Drake never bugged for me. Didn't know it's possible. Had a couple of Frors bugged though. Still not as broken as Thruglok.
    The Aegean Eagles Forums

No other boss apart from Glimmer's 1st is guaranteed to bug after reset. TG Drake never bugged for me. Didn't know it's possible. Had a couple of Frors bugged though. Still not as broken as Thruglok.
    None of them are guaranteed to bug, it’s all just luck, I’ve reset that 1st boss a couple of times and he was fine. Based on what I’ve seen, there is a chance for all the bosses to bug.

Still not fixed more than a month later

I agree.
    Glimmerdeep's 1st boss is still bugging out (at least on T3 which is most painful) when boss resets.
    He punts you so far that you get outside his reset range, then he chases you down and resets untargettable.

I have never seen it on any other boss.

It's astonishing that such a major bug is still live in the game.

None of them are guaranteed to bug, it’s all just luck, I’ve reset that 1st boss a couple of times and he was fine. Based on what I’ve seen, there is a chance for all the bosses to bug.
    I can confirm that. On our last T2 run (with a group that was far from ideal) the boss was resetted properly for 2 times and bugged the 3rd time (just before swapping in a tank).

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    I can confirm that. On our last T2 run (with a group that was far from ideal) the boss was resetted properly for 2 times and bugged the 3rd time (just before swapping in a tank).
    Usally the boss bugs out if someone is at his main platform when he resetts.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    Usally the boss bugs out if someone is at his main platform when he resetts.
    Seems that also a wiped char seems to be considered as being present.

Our T3 run thruglock bugged because when he became active he was taunted but immediately one-shot our dps. We reset since we did not have a res available, and thrug bugged on the downed character. 30 minutes wasted.

Attempted Glimmer T3 with some friends the other night, ended up bugging on the first boss after a few resets:

As you can see by my combat analysis, we had fought him before, and could stand on top of him

Mirage | Fathom | Situational Awareness | Reformed
    Arkenstone | Shadowfax | Treebeard

We tried Thruglok tonight, and soon as you get him 50% down on health, he summons over 6 orcs, and they WHOMP on you!

Any tips/tricks to defeating Thruglok and his minions??