We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Three? One and a half

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdede View Post
    Burglar Red Line:

This heal needs a buff! It should initially heal 10% and 3% every 3 seconds.

It should apply a attackspeed buff..
    These are both awful ideas. Healing 19% every 10s? Really? Also, having an attack speed buff essentially does nothing for burglar because nearly all of the attacks are already fast.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

3. Dec 03 2018, 06:06 PM

Quote Originally Posted by xxSniperxx View Post
    This thread had me dyin, none of y'all play the damn class but if you do then you're Meowburglar tier so nothing but useless feedback comes out.
    mmm, i see your feedback is also constructive but I can't argue that almost all i've seen on here makes my heart sink.
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

The Ascensio

This thread had me dyin, none of y'all play the damn class but if you do then you're Meowburglar tier so nothing but useless feedback comes out.
    Yeah... Given the kind of feedback that the community typically gives, it's no surprise that the game gets more and more broken over time.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by KiNgOfAllGaPE View Post
    Good work aPE's, now, we can take apart three feedback posts and qualify this thread as the epic mislead. Learn to play the class before posting. lul
    Still waiting for you to add a post that adds ANYTHING to the discussion.

As of now, 2 posts that have zero ideas and zero taking apart ideas of others.

Yes, have to love this.

Reason for this? Feedback is feedback.

BTW, we are talking about Burglar Class. What are you contributing to the discussion?

-You are the one that has RK icon in your forum profile. So safe to assume that you are talking from the experience when you mentioning this: "none of y'all play the damn class"

Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    -You are the one that has RK icon in your forum profile. So safe to assume that you are talking from the experience when you mentioning this: "none of y'all play the damn class"
    Wow
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

Quote Originally Posted by dselden View Post
    Yeah... Given the kind of feedback that the community typically gives, it's no surprise that the game gets more and more broken over time.
    The size of the community is still not too small, there are a lot of people that seem to never post in forums at all, then there are a lot of people that seem to just troll forums for one or another personal reason. I personally do not see this general dynamic changing for better if community increased in numbers a lot or a little.

My personal posts are for following reasons:

I play Burglar as a main.

I want Burglar class to receive attention that it deserves.

I am convinced that the class is great and has huge, great, fun theme to it.

However actual combat on the Burglar in many ways underwhelming.

Now, combat you say? -Yes to be effective in combat is important to me and to the game. I do crafts, wear cosmetics and my fishing skill is giving me a lot of joy and sometimes even dinner.

But I am also a very strongly on the side of the idea that Burglars do not need to be sneaky, weak, useless, tricky, hard to play, impossible to master, all of the above and more.

It should be a class that is strong and should be strong on it's own. Not like other classes, like Burglar. It is designated as not a beginner class, and it is fine that it is not and it should continue like that.
    Last edited by Areyekuwe; Dec 03 2018 at 07:41 PM.

These are both awful ideas. Healing 19% every 10s? Really? Also, having an attack speed buff essentially does nothing for burglar because nearly all of the attacks are already fast.
    If you look back to Hunters, the 19% every 10 seconds would be even less then 20% every 10 seconds with Bloodarrow. And Hunter can stay out of Boss auras and ...

If you look back to Hunters, the 19% every 10 seconds would be even less then 20% every 10 seconds with Bloodarrow. And Hunter can stay out of Boss auras and ...
    and that dumb and should be nerfed, not given to every class under the sun.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

SSG in the class update plans for the Burglar shows small changes.

Trim here, add there. -A type of patching that does not seen to be a complete class overhaul that goes into particulars of every trait tree skill. -And within this thread many people are hoping for that. I hope we get attention that we deserve. Be it small or big update.

The game seems to be growing if no one noticed and it's a good thing.

Burglar damage, defense and buffs / debuffs do not feel to me personally

(and there is nothing wrong with stating personal opinions, I hope. I can be wrong if any of you like)

An example if a boss can move around a lot and your goal is to use your debuffs as a burglar but you can not because all your abilities are pretty much to be cast when that above mentioned boss is standing still next to you?

Simple helpful way to solve this. Make it possible to cast all debuffs in the whole game for all classes that do it from comparable distance.

-Above we have a post with screenshots comparing LM to burg and where LM has range of 40M Burglar consistently gets 10M.
    And again, I am not asking to be given abilities of any other class, just make our abilities useful.

Then talking about stats and heals. There are abilities that Burglar uses to heal up, as game goes up and becomes harder with much larger morale numbers, heals should follow and scale up, to heal more.
    _I believe that Burglars in all trait lined deserve ok self heal because we are a lot of times within melee range and that would follow the logic of that. But obviously Hunters get excellent self heals and healers get fastests attcks. So, clearly it looks like I am wrong.

Give Burglars good evade, class related and scale up healing from evades and crit strikes to be relevant on 120 in areas where get hit.

Possible grant some small, Burglar only morale bonus from fate stat.

I personally like the idea of having at least one non trait line / basic attack at 1 sec cooldown. Because other classes do have it, so you know why not us?

Subtle Stab, should be 1 sec cooldown.

If one is solo HIPS can only be used within a hunt to run away. Add another tier, 6th to "Improved HIPS" that grants ability to use it within a hunt without canceling the hunt. Hunt can be canceled all the same but with delay of 10 sec. If Burglar does not come out from hide and leaves or what not, within these 10 sec it could work as it does now, but would give us a chance to enter stealth.

Please rethink / rework ranged consumables that seem completely redundant today. Make them non-consumables? Put an actual thrown knife in that returns?

Burglar role of starting FM is not used at all, if not straight up avoided. -Give us something there?

Why not take a look at the length of all animations for the burglar?

If one were to read forums this is a type of discussion that went on now for years. It goes like this: "Use this, that quickly that to interrupt the animation," or "i do not use that ability at all - the animation is too long"
    -Why do we have to work around these animations? Make them all last same.

If a particular ability has 2 strikes or 3 strikes or 1 strike, if it is "the ability" then no matter how many strikes are going in, it should last same as other ability.

I also like this post because it has this idea that things should not stay broken. Please give us attention to what really are bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    Hey,
    I couldn't test any changes during this beta round, but from what I read in the patch notes the changes seem to go in the right direction! I hope there's much more to come!

However, there are some really important bugfixes I'd like to focus on. Most of these exist since the Helms Deep expansion in 2013...

1) Debuffing Gamble's -X% damage debuff doesn't take into account "mob tier" (signature, elite, elite master, ...) damage multipliers and as result debuffs bosses' damage in raids for like 6% instead of the described 40% (T6). Note that this is not a mastery or t2/t3 buff issue - it's an inherent multiplier mobs get depending on their type.
    Loremaster debuffs and Yellow Line's Trick: Disable work correctly in that regard.
    Issue was also discussed in this thread: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Chance-Debuff
    For deeper insight including Dev response: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...84#post4585584 (Thread from 2010 where that issue affected all debuffs - apparently all were fixed but the Debuffing Gamble)
    That bug renders blue line essentially useless apart from being a Mez-Bot.

2) Provoke Crit chance debuff does absolutely nothing. And there's even a legacy to enhance this, which as a result does nothing also.
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Chance-Debuff
    I'm not sure whether the Trick: Counter Defence from yellow line is affected, too, as I couldn't be bothered to test it. But I think it is.

3) Flashing Blades' second attack isn't affected by positional damage bonuses (traits/LIs) and critical multipliers when devastating. You tried fixing the weird damage numbers for second attacks of DES and FB a while ago, only FB's second attack is what keeps this from finally being settled.

These bugs are around since like forever and have been brought up several times over the years. I think skills pretending to do things they don't do is a rather big issue. Are you aware of that? Is there any intention to fix them? A Dev response would be nice.

An excellent illustration on how Burglar debuffs are seemingly "designed" to be weak?
    Why make weak things, please just make them distinct, we do not need LM abilities, we however can use a regular range on our own.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonid3703 View Post
    On a screenshot at the LM not all his useful abilities are shown, and the burglar has no AOE as a concept. It very weak in the yellow line.
    If you look at statistics of classes, then it is the MOST unpopular class now and if look at the mute of passing of PVE of content (if it is available for you), then it there will practically not be.
    People pay in game currency (gold) or ask the friends that they finished instance for them.
    I understand that you want to balance PVP and PVE, but it should not affect balance of a class.
    the burglar now a useless class in PVE. Even if to take statistics which I could collect then on this statistics only 1 burglar from 100 could pass new intances (tier 3). He needs cardinal alteration of the yellow line.
    Alteration of the red line.
    How to it to remake the red line? First it needs to raise a loss by 1.5 - 2 times, but to remove from the game CDG(coup ge grace), I consider that this ability was a mistake, to make it in order that PVMP monsters did not cry. From tests I say that a loss of the burglar, the burglar's debuff very weak.
    Someone will tell that the burglar has a good loss, for etoy people I will answer: Create the burglar, play the burglar, create RK play them. Compare.
    At all this the burglar uses melee skills. That is he receives much more loss than RK\hunter. What turns out? its loss is lower than a loss of RK below than the hunter's loss, he uses melee skills. Solve for yourself, but all this is wrong.. Champion also uses Melee skills, but its loss is 5-7 times higher in comparison with the burglar

P.S: all debuffs at LM are combined, and at the burglar only if to choose, but to choose there is nothing. Practically all its debuffs is trashcan

Last edited by Areyekuwe; Dec 03 2018 at 07:39 PM.

Still waiting for you to add a post that adds ANYTHING to the discussion.

As of now, 2 posts that have zero ideas and zero taking apart ideas of others.

I play Burglar as a main.
    Are you stuck at Archet? lul

15. Dec 03 2018, 09:57 PM

Burglar Red Line:

This heal needs a buff! It should initially heal 10% and 3% every 3 seconds.
    Ok, you comment, add things up, but this is not good enough. Total Duration of time for the buff and cool down is 15 sec not 10.

So, we are talking about every 15 sec. - Good.

Now if it works according to this player proposed change off a %. Not a fixed number. Then we can easily look at the ballpark. Level 120 runs around with abouts 100K in morale. If they are in an encounter where they are actually taking damage, the damage will not be small. It is completely reasonable to get a heal of 15K to 20K every 15 sec.

Now if they are not taking damage and do not need the heal and are questing in the Lone Lands of something you should complain about how massively overpowered they are, but that is not the point

Please do not ask for small useless things that keep this great class hardest class to play. IN fact sets the whole class for a fail. All the abilities like self heals need to be scaling up as character progresses. It is just common sense. To keep it like that a % point can be used and anywhere between 15% and 20% per 15 sec of damaging melee is good idea.

-------------------------------

Now maybe I am missing something, this buff does not stack does it? I think it does not. Just wandering about that 10 sec timer you are talking about. Buff lasts 15 sec
    Last edited by Areyekuwe; Dec 04 2018 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzels View Post
    The next person who doesn’t play a burg and got 0 idea about the whole class.

Except for the posts of Dobb and Fingerz there is sadly 99% bull#### here in this thread from butthurt pvp people who simply have 0 idea about the burg class.
    Okay mate please let me know what part of my post was incorrect? You yourself have said "I can pull 50k dps in yellow* now plz return what lm can do the same.

If these buffs to yellow go active it will unbalance support roles completely there is no reason a good melee dps class needs to be able dps and debuff as good as a sole support/debuffing class the LM, if you want yellow get buffed seems like more easy mode'ing to me.

This is not to say the burglar couldn't do with some changes but there is no reason to grant the amount of buffs people demanding on this thread at all.

And FYI I do play yellow burg when have chance to and it seems quite ok every boss in AoM the burg could pull reasonable dps even without fingar being turned around a burglar could go to the right/leftside and do his melee debuffs easily but yeah I dont know what Im talking about.

On another note do you deny this is the largest buff to the burglar ever and depending on who you ask its OP.

I will find the post you said "I can pull 50k dps in yellow " then what will you say ? with from what I seen no yellow lm even doing close to that damage while being able maintain all the debuffs iirc most lm's had stack majority essences on finesse not crit/mastery like the burglars.

found it

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...yss-of-Mordath Page 1 here you say 50k+ on yellow burg with lm doing 5k DPS which basically proves my entire point why yellow burg buffs should be carefully considered.

required dps for the power Phase should be 266k for 6 People if i am not wrong.
    Should be quite possible for capt tank(5k dps),mini(0),lm(5k dps),red capt(30-50k dps),2 hunter(120k+ each).a yellow burg instead of red capt would be even more personal dps(can easy do 50+ on yellow burg).

Quote Originally Posted by mikkye View Post
    Okay mate please let me know what part of my post was incorrect? You yourself have said "I can pull 50k dps in yellow* now plz return what lm can do the same.
    He said, she said. Still even if it is me and not the person your are talking to, but where are the ideas?

20. Dec 04 2018, 12:04 PM

My thoughts exactly. Wow. xDDD

My avatar could be a pumpkin head mask, does that mean I'm Donald Trump in real life? Don't think too hard fam.
    This is valuable input, i ma, gonna burglarize that:
    wow

22. Dec 04 2018, 02:29 PM

Context matters.

Burglars, the same class with the same abilities, are often considered overpowered in PvMP but ineffectual at best in PvE instances. In raids, they are essentially Disable and Gamble-mez bots with Reveal Weakness thrown in. Most of the things that make Burglars overpowered in PvMP have little power in PvE.

The proposed Burglar changes will have little effect on the state of the Burglar because none of the changes address the issue of context in any meaningful way.

There was a time when Burglars were more balanced with respect to the PvE context. This was early on, in the Angmar and Moria days, and before the restriction of the trait trees.

Aside from the trait trees, what was the difference in those days?

- Next to zero foes were immune to fellowship maneuvers

- Fellowship maneuvers were actually useful, providing a greater benefit than the sum of the fellowship's parts

- Crowd control was more useful, even in the 3 and 6 person instances

- Tricks were more easily available in all Burglar setups and actually useful (Remember Counter Defense back then?)

Some complain that Burglars are a Crowd Control/Debuffer class and they should not be asking for damage increases. However, much of what the Burglar once brought to the table has been either eliminated, diminished or outsourced to other classes. In addition to this, the context of battle has changed dramatically since the early days, making some aspects brought to the table stronger and some weaker. Much of what the Burglar brings to the table has been made weaker.

Some ideas for improvements:

- First of all, enough with the asininely anti-melee instances already! It's just ridiculous at this point.

- Bring back Fellowship Maneuvers (and remove immunities to them). They were once a fun exercise with which a group of individuals could work together as a team in both a meaningful and clear-cut way, and they were fun to pull off! Make new maneuvers that can be useful against different types of foes. Make a maneuver that gives a foe an incoming-damage debuff for the trolls in Glimmerdeep Tier 3 to help cut them down faster. Make a maneuver that gives tactical mitigation for battles like Etterfang or Lumithil. There are so many possibilities for these. Give leaders who run instances a reason to consider bringing a Burglar along.

- Make tricks more accessible and more significant. This means those leading instances should actually have to consider weighing whether bringing a Burglar along over another straight damage class would be more advantageous or not.

- Did I mention the asininely anti-melee instances?

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

'Legendary' Items - Tips, Tricks, and a Guide to the 'Grind' - a Legendary Items guide! (And a new Imbuing guide! and Essence guide!)

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine: Curing insomnia, one reader at a time, and a proud resident of The Cottage of Pen and Play

What an excellent post that comes up with good idea in a well written form.

Please forgive me for the nip and tuck, i mean cut and paste, but these are just my favorite parts below:

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrist View Post
    .......................The proposed Burglar changes will have little effect on the state of the Burglar because none of the changes address the issue of context in any meaningful way........................... ..............
    Things are there, but nothing really seems to scale up to the higher end challenges, so fixing some small, very little part a bit sideways, would not change anything. Yep

.....................Some complain that Burglars are a Crowd Control/Debuffer class and they should not be asking for damage increases. However, much of what the Burglar once brought to the table has been either eliminated, diminished or outsourced to other classes. In addition to this, the context of battle has changed dramatically since the early days, making some aspects brought to the table stronger and some weaker. Much of what the Burglar brings to the table has been made weaker.....................
    Damage seems to be just like quick but noticed by all way of fixing things, as in we don't need FM, we just DPS through things. Burglar is just too cool of a class to be like that. But our DPS "output" should scale up to other classes, i should say? And for single target melee class when it comes to DPS it is fine balance, but why not?

..................- Bring back Fellowship Maneuvers (and remove immunities to them). They were once a fun.....................
    -These should be a part of the game, yes. Not avoided, but scaled up to the point of becoming useful.

.................- Make tricks more accessible and more significant. This means those leading instances should actually have to consider weighing whether bringing a Burglar along over another straight damage class would be more advantageous or not..........................
    -Yes, because for more or less just for DPS there are a few other classes, out there. I would look at this line a lot: "and more significant. " -Please.
    Last edited by Areyekuwe; Dec 05 2018 at 03:15 AM.

My feedback on the burg class changes:

Reveal weakness nerv: good that it only stacks 2 times, really nice to only have 2sec cooldown (could be 0 like the captain mark aswell) and sadly 100% necessary that the % dmg got nerved a lot.

Find footing:i like this change, the evade on this skill was way to strong.

Touch and go: Not sure if i like this. The duration reducing from 30->10sec is ok,while i rather like to see 15-20sec duration. The +15% mitigation is fine aswell, for a short period of time it will bring a burg to 70/72,5% mits if traited. That is a lot.
    The 50% heal is in my opinion not needed at all, specially since you can reset it with ready and able.

In terms of survivebillety i would rather like to see a huge buff to knives out if they remove the heal on evade.

General suggestions for the burg class:

FIX THE ANIMATION ISSUES:
    There is still a huge difference between male and female burg aswell between man and hobbit burg.
    It shouldnt be that a male man burg is a lot faster+does a lot more dps then a female hobbit burg.
    We are talking about 5-10% here (see the big issues with dwarf champions usw)

The second hit of flashinf blades is still bugged and is devasting for like 30% of its critical hit.

FIX THE NEVER WORKING -CRITDEFF % DEBUFF ON PROVOKE

Suggestions for redline:

-Remove CDG. This skill was never necessary, close to noone likes it and it breaks pvp+landescape pve. While in raids/grps in pve it doesnt make a huge difference on your dps.
    -Rework Suprise strike. Many people would love to see the old unseen set bonus back where you get +5% devaste chage for each suprise strike. If thats to much make it maybe +2% devaste change per suprise strike so that you can get +8% devaste change in total.
    -rework provoke: the absourd mezz ability while being in red/yellow line and cross traiting into blue is a lot too strong. The mezz can stay while main spec blue but for redline/yellowline we need some other changes.
    At first the not working debuff needs to get fixed and i would like to see the old thread buff back.

In general redline is not in a bad spot. I personally would like to see the old crit chain back(that you cant use double edged strike before using burglers advantage).
    The 65-85 burg rotation was simply a lot more fun.

Suggestions for yellowline:

-Tricks need a huge change. Specially trick counter defence should get changed back to its pre 95 version. It should give +3% incoming critical change(6% if traited).
    -In my opinion trickster need a huge change aswell. Instead of stacking tricks it should spread them like windlore/ancient master on the loremaster. 5-8 targets would be good there
    -to compensate the removed stacking tricks i suggest that the current tricks get doubled(trick dust not). Disable would be on pair with fire lore (-40% inc dmg),10% inc dmg from enrage and yeah counter defence see above.

-I would love to see all tricks stacking but i can imagine that this is a lot too strong for a lot of situation, even if you are just yellow and not redline.

If tricks get a revamped then clever retord should get changed aswell since that skill is a 100% useless.

Suggestions for blueline:

At first the debuff gamble needs to get changed.
    THIS IS NOT WORKING SINCE LV 65!
    It needs to work life disable/fire lore and it never did!

i like that all in got changed, it was a lot too strong aswell.

The dmg gamble could use a 100-200% buff, its super weak compared to cunning attack.
    Otherwise blue stays amazing for mezzing multiple targets with provoke+max gambeling.

My feedback on the burg class changes:

Reveal weakness nerv: good that it only stacks 2 times, really nice to only have 2sec cooldown (could be 0 like the captain mark aswell) and sadly 100% necessary that the % dmg got nerved a lot.

Find footing:i like this change, the evade on this skill was way to strong.

Touch and go: Not sure if i like this. The duration reducing from 30->10sec is ok,while i rather like to see 15-20sec duration. The +15% mitigation is fine aswell, for a short period of time it will bring a burg to 70/72,5% mits if traited. That is a lot.
    The 50% heal is in my opinion not needed at all, specially since you can reset it with ready and able.

In terms of survivebillety i would rather like to see a huge buff to knives out if they remove the heal on evade.

General suggestions for the burg class:

There is still a huge difference between male and female burg aswell between man and hobbit burg.
    It shouldnt be that a male man burg is a lot faster+does a lot more dps then a female hobbit burg.

The second hit of flashinf blades is still bugged and is devasting for like 30% of its critical hit.

FIX THE NEVER WORKING -CRITDEFF % DEBUFF ON PROVOKE

Suggestions for redline:

-Remove CDG. This skill was never necessary, close to noone likes it and it breaks pvp+landescape pve. While in raids/grps in pve it doesnt make a huge difference on your dps.
    -Rework Suprise strike. Many people would love to see the old unseen set bonus back where you get +5% devaste chage for each suprise strike. If thats to much make it maybe +2% devaste change per suprise strike so that you can get +8% devaste change in total.
    -rework provoke: the absourd mezz ability while being in red/yellow line and cross traiting into blue is a lot too strong. The mezz can stay while main spec blue but for redline/yellowline we need some other changes.
    At first the not working debuff needs to get fixed and i would like to see the old thread buff back.

In general redline is not in a bad spot. I personally would like to see the old crit chain back(that you cant use double edged strike before using burglers advantage).
    The 65-85 burg rotation was simply a lot more fun.

Suggestions for yellowline:

-Tricks need a huge change. Specially trick counter defence should get changed back to its pre 95 version. It should give +3% incoming critical change(6% if traited).
    -In my opinion trickster need a huge change aswell. Instead of stacking tricks it should spread them like windlore/ancient master on the loremaster. 5-8 targets would be good there
    -to compensate the removed stacking tricks i suggest that the current tricks get doubled(trick dust not). Disable would be on pair with fire lore (-40% inc dmg),10% inc dmg from enrage and yeah counter defence see above.

-I would love to see all tricks stacking but i can imagine that this is a lot too strong for a lot of situation, even if you are just yellow and not redline.

If tricks get a revamped then clever retord should get changed aswell since that skill is a 100% useless.

Suggestions for blueline:

At first the debuff gamble needs to get changed.
    THIS IS NOT WORKING SINCE LV 65!
    It needs to work life disable/fire lore and it never did!

i like that all in got changed, it was a lot too strong aswell.

The dmg gamble could use a 100-200% buff, its super weak compared to cunning attack.
    Otherwise blue stays amazing for mezzing multiple targets with provoke+max gambeling.
    Congratulations on the second worthy and positive feedback about Burgler class, I were afraid the user Fingurz was the only person with deep knowledge of this class.

I will be posting my extensive burglar feedback after BR build 2. But, I am quoting this paragraph in particular as I will be going over the skill animations of the hobbit burglar and emphasizing the needed fix on this more than anything else. As it stands right now a man male burglar is significantly faster in their dps rotation due to skill animations alone, which leads to more damage output as drizzels has mentioned. To me this is not right at all. I will go over the skills that need to be adjusted for hobbit along with females that need to be on the same skill frames as man burglar (once BR build #2 is out).

Nice feedback Drizzels

I especially like the idea of having Surprise Strike meaningful again and the sentiment around the Touch and go Reduction from 30 to 10 seconds being too extreme.

Regards to the tricks; I could live with a single trick inc. spread ability providing the tricks get buffed.
    That being said I would prefer the focus on using more various tricks (up to 3 with trickster/2 as passive ability) throughout the fight to make Burg play more intricate.

Regards to animation concerns, my experience is entirely as a male hobbit burglar, every flashing blades and often reveal weakness for me on live is always followed by addle, I've just got used to always having to do this since FB was always such a slow skill.
    An animation check for the burglar for all races and genders would be much appreciated (don't forget the reveal weakness and Quite a Snag delay please Dev's).
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

The Ascensio

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    Classes:
    • Burglar - Touch and Go: Restores 50% Morale, +25% Evade Chance, +15% Physical Mitigation, +15% Tactical Mitigation. Duration reduced to 10s ; Evade is not as helpful as direct mitigation in instances and raids, so we wanted to balance out some of the defensive bonuses. We also upped the heal from 25% of Max Morale to 50% because Burglar's medium armour makes them susceptible to big hits.
    I thought a bit about this specific change, and I think with a small tweak SSG could make it more interesting in terms of gameplay.

With the proposed changes SSG made for Bullroarer burglars have the following healing potential under ideal circumstances:

Redline:
    Relish Battle: heals 4.5% of total morale, 3.15% initially and 0.3375% every 3 seconds for 12 seconds (based on the numbers I see on my burglar).
    Touch and go: 50% of max morale every 300 seconds.
    Touch and go (reset with ready and able): 50% of morale every 300 seconds.

This means if Relish Battle procs continuously (27% max morale per minute), and Touch and Go is used, reset and immediately used again (20% max morale per minute), it would give a 47% of max morale heal on average per minute.

Blueline:
    Bob and Weave: heals 8.97% of total morale, 4.95% initially and 0.8% every two seconds for 10 seconds (based on the numbers I see on my burglar).
    Touch and go: 50% of max morale every 300 seconds.
    Touch and go (reset with ready and able): 50% of morale every 300 seconds.

This means if Bob and Weave procs continuously (53.82% max morale per minute), and Touch and Go is used, reset and immediately used again (20% max morale per minute), it would give a 73.82% of max morale heal on average per minute.

There are a couple of things I do not like about this:

1) The 50% heal is a very strong burst heal, combined with Ready and Able it would be a full morale heal, which I personally feel is not the best solution for a class like the burglar.
    2) The +25% Evade Chance, +15% Physical Mitigation, +15% Tactical Mitigation only gets a 10 second duration, which I feel is too short seeing our current + 50% evade chance has a 30 second duration.
    3) And a five minute cooldown on a healing skill is quite long. I feel a less strong heal with a shorter cooldown would generally be more fun and useful.

To address these concerns it is possible to make the following changes:

Redline:
    Relish Battle: heals 6% of total morale, 2% initially and 1% every 3 seconds for 12 seconds
    Touch and go: Only heals 20% of max morale but gets a 2.5 minute cooldown
    Ready and Able stays on a five minute cooldown

This means if Relish Battle procs continuously (30% max morale per minute), and Touch and Go is used, reset and immediately used again (12% max morale per minute), Touch and go is used again after 2.5 minutes (8% max morale) it would give a 50% of max morale heal on average per minute.

Blueline:
    Bob and Weave: heals 1.8% of maximum morale every 2 seconds for 10 seconds
    Touch and go: Only heals 20% of max morale but gets a 2.5 minute cooldown
    Ready and Able stays on a five minute cooldown

This means if Bob and Weave procs continuously (54% max morale per minute), and Touch and Go is used, reset and immediately used again (12% max morale per minute), Touch and go is used again after 2.5 minutes (8% max morale) it would give a 74% of max morale heal on average per minute.

Overal the amount of healing would be very similar to SSG's proposal, but it would change healing as follows:
    1) The highest burst heal possible would be 40% of max morale (With the Ready and Able reset). Which I feel would be better balanced for the burglar class.
    2) Touch and go can be used more often, giving us an extra use of the 10 second +25% Evade Chance, +15% Physical Mitigation, +15% Tactical Mitigation.
    3) Touch and go can be used more often, making healing slightly more interesting.
    Last edited by Elwenwing; Dec 07 2018 at 03:37 PM.

30. Dec 05 2018, 03:44 PM

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast