We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Couple quick corruption Qs

Returning a bit after a hiatus since we were 105... couple quick Qs for help plz as I try to get back up to speed....

1. For BAs, is it worth slotting the Fire Damage trait now, or still not so much?
    2. For BAs/Defilers/Wargs: Is it worth slotting any phys/tac mits at this point, or are mits just broken? What about crit D?
    3. Is it worth slotting finesse on anything?

Thnx!

Quote Originally Posted by ElMel View Post
    1. For BAs, is it worth slotting the Fire Damage trait now, or still not so much?
    Depends... probably no, maybe yes.

2. For BAs/Defilers/Wargs: Is it worth slotting any phys/tac mits at this point, or are mits just broken? What about crit D?
    Mits are only worth it if you go all the way 6 for a certain type (I wont go into the math, but basically: the more you have, the more its worth). Otherwise, Crit/Mastery is better.

crit D is useless garbage

nope.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

1. Unless a freep has a lot of phys mit essences, no

2. Mits are always worth it, but never slot more than 3 of each and if you're in a group with healers you probably want to go full damage

3. not worth it
    Make Moors Great Again - Crickhollow
    Ishlan, Sahlin
    too many creeps and freeps to list all

Returning a bit after a hiatus since we were 105... couple quick Qs for help plz as I try to get back up to speed....

Thnx!
    1. No.

2. Blackarrow/Warg don't need mitigation, buth are deadly with a good combination of Critical, Mastery and Finesse. Defiler, that's a real matter of gameplay, I choose Mastery and Morale boost. Crit D is useless. Resistance can make a Defiler a bit more competant, but, everything is subject to change.

3. Finesse is worth, no doubt.

Everything mentioned above, is working against a non massive or limited free people presence, and personally tested on duels, trouble is, I can only duel with Rang 15 and his advantages, or try some starter Monster again.
    Last edited by KrahjarnFellarrow; Dec 05 2018 at 07:58 AM.

Thnx!
    I’m a big fan of three of each mit when in a Raid... maybe because my BA draws undue attention. That said, materery and Crit boost are a BAs bread and butter. Adding a couple finesse in lieu of mits can help land blows, but as the Freeps have relatively low mits atm, it may not be necessary.

When in a small group, I trait 3 mits of whatever I think I may most likely face (often tactical as evade boost is great and many hunters use fire or light). But if Burg packs are running around, I may switch to 3 physical and place the balance of corruptions into mastery, crit and maybe two finesse.
    Aakvanark/Corwelleon

6. Dec 05 2018, 09:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    wow....amazing.... so this is the current lotro playerbase.
    No, normal playerbase has no all their Monsters at max rang plus every slayer deed completed, Herald of Darkness is a sweet end game achievement. Put yourself inside that bag, and do, please, say wow, again.

Quote Originally Posted by KrahjarnFellarrow View Post
    No, normal playerbase has no all their Monsters at max rang plus every slayer deed completed, Herald of Darkness is a sweet end game achievement. Put yourself inside that bag, and do, please, say wow, again.
    basic math supersedes meaningless in-game achievements

finesse is useless because baseline finesse reduction exceeds freep B/P/E/Resist, resulting in little to no B/P/E/Resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    basic math supersedes meaningless in-game achievements

finesse is useless because baseline finesse reduction exceeds freep B/P/E/Resist, resulting in little to no B/P/E/Resist.
    Finesse is a ratings-based stat that will directly reduce the Resistance as well as the Block/Parry/Evade ratings.

Finesse Cap is 50% it means 225,000 at current level cap.

B/P/E is capped at 225000 whilst suggested for fighting any level 120 foe for 231,839, partials are capped at 456,389, there's no way standard Monster finesse can bypass any capped B/P/E.

Maths? Come on!!

Test by yourself

Quote Originally Posted by KrahjarnFellarrow View Post

B/P/E is capped at 225000 whilst suggested for fighting any level 120 foe for 231,839, partials are capped at 456,389, there's no way standard Monster finesse can bypass any capped B/P/E.

wow....

no one is running BPE essences or getting anywhere near the numbers lmao.... and if they ever did, they would be doing 0 DPS, so you can easily kill them anyway.

Avoidances and resists are useless compared to mitigations/morale for freeps. Literally no one is running them.

Thnx!
    1. With the current update Freeps are not able to cap both Physical and Tactical Mitigations, So majority of them just slot one which in most cases is Physical Mitigations since nearly every Creep does that type of Damage unless traited Fire/Shadow damage or is a Spider. The only time its worth traiting Fire/Shadow Damage trait is against a Medium/Heavy class which is a Hunter, Burglar, Warden, Beorning, Champion, Captain and Guardian. I myself have caught many people off guard traiting Fire or Shadow damage on my BA/Warg and ending up doing a lot more DPS. So overall I would say its entirely up to you since both Fire and Orc-craft damage is good against Freeps in this update.

2. For Healers yes, for DPS Classes its more situational. Its hard to say what works and what doesn't in this update but for experienced players I would go 6/6 Crit/Mastery and just absolutely drop everything. If you are still learning and not that "great" at what you play, you should trait 3/3 Crit/Mastery and 3/3 Mitigations or take out the Mits that you don't need and replace it for morale. I would also recommend you not using Crit D.

3. I was using finesse on my Spider back at level 115 but I am pretty sure you would still need at least 1-3 slotted. For anything else, no.
    Creeps: Turkos, Turkopp, Turkz, Turkov & Justheretocc - Leader of Karnage / YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/RiizaLotro
    Freeps: Empire (Minstrel)

well

I may not be a veteran creep player but wouldn't having 0 mit corr's leave you with like 25% mits, the hunter can only debuf 5% mits maybe against rk's lm is a dif story but for physical damage I think that'd leave you exposed some some extreme hits. Ive seen quite few 6/6 glass creeps get utterly annihilated in 1.5 seconds by geared hunters but the ones with mits usually they can survive long enough to react with a pot a skill and or defiler or warleader reacting enough to save with heal or bubble

With that being said, I think wouldn't be bad idea to get some p mit corr's from what Ive seen hunters do to these glass cannon creeps out stealth or n stealth its all same 1-3 crits and its gg just my opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkye View Post
    I may not be a veteran creep player but wouldn't having 0 mit corr's leave you with like 25% mits, the hunter can only debuf 5% mits maybe against rk's lm is a dif story but for physical damage I think that'd leave you exposed some some extreme hits. Ive seen quite few 6/6 glass creeps get utterly annihilated in 1.5 seconds by geared hunters but the ones with mits usually they can survive long enough to react with a pot a skill and or defiler or warleader reacting enough to save with heal or bubble

With that being said, I think wouldn't be bad idea to get some p mit corr's from what Ive seen hunters do to these glass cannon creeps out stealth or n stealth its all same 1-3 crits and its gg just my opinion on it.
    That's true and also the reason I advised to go full damage with healers in the group because freeps focus healers first.
    And once healer is down you most likely are dead anyway - hopefully with some return kills.

The problem is if its small skirmishes and you are so squishy that you die even with healers - that's an exception where it's definitely better to tank up.
    Make Moors Great Again - Crickhollow
    Ishlan, Sahlin
    too many creeps and freeps to list all

15. Dec 06 2018, 08:05 AM

16. Dec 06 2018, 04:30 PM

17. Dec 06 2018, 05:43 PM

18. Dec 06 2018, 07:59 PM

19. Dec 06 2018, 08:21 PM

20. Dec 06 2018, 08:31 PM

21. Dec 06 2018, 08:35 PM

22. Dec 06 2018, 08:39 PM