We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafting desperately needs an update to stats on items

When Update 23 launched and our gear went to the "core rating system" not only did some of the gear that we get from quests and such not make the grade, but none of the crafted stuff did either. At one time you could craft stuff for your kinnies when they leveled up so they could be viable in a fight until a quest gave them something better. but that is not the case today.

We recently had a fella return to LOTRO after leaving 9 months after launch of original content. He is having a blast but alas he can't craft anything to help his characters along and is painfully trying to level crafting without incentive other than the crafted relics for his LIs and EMbers/motes crafting later. This is a sorry state to leave our crafters in. Cooking is still viable as is most stuff in Scholar (aside from doomfold/ironfold warding scrolls) But all the crafts that would be used to gear your toon are in shambles. None of the crafted gear is viable at this point before you reach level 115 and that makes it really hard to stick to it and progress through the tiers to get there. Crafters are arguably the more active players in game as they have to go gather mats, then skill up the craft to be able to make..... oh wait, they can't make anything to list here. This needs attention desperately. Please help us help each other. Give us viable crafting skills again.

It's a big problem that since the legendary servers launched, yellow (low-quality) dropped items have higher stats than crit (high-quality) crafted items. When people look up LotRO on gaming sites online, one of the consistently seen recommendations for the game is that crafting is relevant, especially for low-level gear. One of the factors that has brought people to the legendary servers is currently a lie, and it certainly gets complained about in world chat.

I also hope it gets fixed soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifenkraut View Post
    It's a big problem that since the legendary servers launched, yellow (low-quality) dropped items have higher stats than crit (high-quality) crafted items. When people look up LotRO on gaming sites online, one of the consistently seen recommendations for the game is that crafting is relevant, especially for low-level gear. One of the factors that has brought people to the legendary servers is currently a lie, and it certainly gets complained about in world chat.

I also hope it gets fixed soon!
    Isn't a lie. It has been said that It'll be fixed, but first they have to balance the classes (stats wise) in order to rework rest of the vocations. As it stands now only Metalsmith, Cooking and Scholar are somewhat good vocations to have, rest is absolute #### and it doesn't make sense to have these vocations right now. Also the gear from Skirm camps needs to be buffed as well. I too wasn't very happy about it, but it'll be fixed.

I'm always starting new characters and outfitting them so I hope they take a look at this very soon as well.

wait, so they need to balance the classes to get the stats onm gear correct? Yet they somehowq managed to "fix" the stats on pre-level 50 LOOTBOX gear.... and you still believe the crafted will come?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexeus0 View Post
    Isn't a lie. It has been said that It'll be fixed, but first they have to balance the classes (stats wise) in order to rework rest of the vocations. As it stands now only Metalsmith, Cooking and Scholar are somewhat good vocations to have, rest is absolute #### and it doesn't make sense to have these vocations right now. Also the gear from Skirm camps needs to be buffed as well. I too wasn't very happy about it, but it'll be fixed.
    Sorry, but that isn't holding any water. I've not seen this statement where you claim they say this will be fixed after class balance (not saying it isn't out there, just that I haven't seen it), but I have seen them say on more than one occasion that class balance is a long term, spread over time activity (AKA - it's a long, drawn out road map). If it's true, that that has to be complete before they fix crafted gear, then all I can say is, no point, because by the time that arrives, every player will be in Mordor on the legendary server, where crafted gear isn't relevant because of different reasons.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Crafted gear is still useful at lower levels - more than at higher levels, perhaps. At least armor and weapons are better than quest rewards at quite a few levels if not all. Especially the earlier levels maybe less so once you get to the fem quests in the low 40s.

Erionor is offline Captain of Gondor, showed quality
    Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    Crafted gear is still useful at lower levels - more than at higher levels, perhaps. At least armor and weapons are better than quest rewards at quite a few levels if not all. Especially the earlier levels maybe less so once you get to the fem quests in the low 40s.
    Some crafted gear is pretty good. My captain is at level 80 and still wearing level 75 “potent great river” armour (guild recipes). The quest rewards have better stats but lower armour value, but this set is still viable. It’s not like I’m dying or even losing that much health, even against level 83 mobs.

Lower level armour and weapons in particular are pretty rubbish though since the update and not worth crafting, which is a shame. Nothing up to level 50 is worth wearing. I agree this needs to be fixed and have said so a few times on here.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...