We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Virtues?

Virtues?

I have always been a casual player since release... to the point of not breaking 80 yet on any of my 20+ toons.

My question today, after a lot of googling... do virtues matter? What virtuesshould an LM be using? Everything I find is years old and I dont know if it’s still good info... any advice is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmikenc View Post
    I have always been a casual player since release... to the point of not breaking 80 yet on any of my 20+ toons.

My question today, after a lot of googling... do virtues matter? What virtuesshould an LM be using? Everything I find is years old and I dont know if it’s still good info... any advice is welcome.
    When the DoTs where broken and my solo blue LM was having some trouble in certain areas I switched to Red Line and went on the Virtue hunt as the one way to strengthen her. Took a couple of days but the advice seemed to be to increase Tactical and Physical Mitigation over any Will, Power or Morale gains, so I did - therefore;

INNOCENCE
    Physical Mitigation
    Resistance
    Tactical Mitigation

ZEAL
    Maximum Morale
    Physical Mitigation
    Armour Value

COMPASSION
    Physical Mitigation
    non-Combat Power Regen
    Tactical Mitigation

TOLERANCE
    Tactical Mitigation
    Agility
    in-Combat Morale Regen

FIDELITY
    Tactical Mitigation
    Vitality
    Maximum Power

Which made a huge difference and I was able to finish the areas I was working on.

And of course did research at - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Virtues

Hope this helps a bit...
    Irritating people? USE the Ignore feature under Community > Friends & Contacts > Edit Ignore List and ADD THEM there. Or, click this - EDIT IGNORE LIST. Btw, MMO never meant "all together now". It simply means a server capable of supporting simultaneous play of hundreds or even thousands of players. Anything else is false narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmikenc View Post

The higher you get in level, the smaller is the impact of virtues. Virtues had no new unlocked ranks since we hit lvl100, there was a small buff that made them still viable for lvl105 content, but since then, nothing happened. For lvl120, the impact of virtues is just like roughly one more equipped item. So its not much and you can play completely without, but if you want to min/max your character, you obviously want anything you can get.

As nothing was changed on virtues within the last year, all older information should still be correct. Most people use virtues to increase their mitigations. Best use for virtues is getting resistance up, as they are simply the best source of resistance... but on the other hand, resistance is mostly irrelevant.

For a casual player, I cant recommend the grind to get virtues up to maximum and below rank15, their values are simply to small to have real impact (the upper ranks raise the stats more than the lower ranks).

btw: as long as enemies can be stunned, yellow traitline is awesome for soloing. burning embers targeted at stunned enemies result in a huge amount of damage (usually onehit if critical) in yellow line and as long as no enemy can touch you, because everyone is mezzez or rooted, there shouldnt be many issues. and well... if stunimmune enemies, there is still a pet in yellow line and if you want to exploit bear-taunt (like all petskills) being reset on calling a new bear, then no single enemy can really hurt you anyway.
    And in yellow, you can invest the leftover points in red for lightning storm and even ring of fire for quite some nice AoE burst, if you want to kill 5 enemies at once while all of those still cant hurt you, because all are in CC
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Thanks for the information guys... it clarified a few things for me!

I awake an old thread, but much has changed.

I start a Loremaster on Anor.

As i have less knowledge about Loremaster in Endgame, except that it works better if the open the Jam Glas or wobble with the Stick :-)
    It is nice to buff hordes of Enemies, but my Solodamage is not fine, at least if the goal is to reach end gamelevel 65.

What Vitues should i use of a LM that wants to play Yellow in Raids.

Moral focus with?
    Loyalty
    Fildelity
    Honour
    Fortitude
    Wit

with alternative of Compassion or Tolerance

OR
    Tactic Mits focus?
    Honor
    Fidelity
    Mercy
    Tolerance
    +
    Compassion or Innocence

I am atm very unsure, as in common i think i will need Mits, Moral (to stay alive) and Finesse (to keep Debuffs up).
    My Damage is bad, my Debuffs nice.

In a group setting an LMs damage is irrelevant. What is relevant is debuffing and keeping up crowd controls if needed. With that in mind the goal is to stay alive and with that as a light armour class we need to cap our mitigations.
    My recommendations are:
    Loyalty
    Honour
    Justice
    Fidelity
    Wit - wit is not defensive but I just feel it is too valuable to leave out.

Thanks for Input.

I chose:
    Wit (For Finesse)
    Fildelity (Mits+Vita=> Moral)
    Tolerance (Mits)
    Honour (Moral+Mits)
    Loyalty (Vita=> Moral)

Fortitude is an other Option i will keep in Mind.

Cap going up to 65 with Minas Morgul. I just spent the last week doing Deeds in Sanur, The Shire, Trollshaws, Misty Mountains, and Forochel and got Wit up from 0 to 60. Going to cap others.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

9. Oct 19 2019, 02:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    I awake an old thread, but much has changed.

I start a Loremaster on Anor.

As i have less knowledge about Loremaster in Endgame, except that it works better if the open the Jam Glas or wobble with the Stick :-)
    It is nice to buff hordes of Enemies, but my Solodamage is not fine, at least if the goal is to reach end gamelevel 65.

What Vitues should i use of a LM that wants to play Yellow in Raids.

Moral focus with?
    Loyalty
    Fildelity
    Honour
    Fortitude
    Wit

with alternative of Compassion or Tolerance

OR
    Tactic Mits focus?
    Honor
    Fidelity
    Mercy
    Tolerance
    +
    Compassion or Innocence

I am atm very unsure, as in common i think i will need Mits, Moral (to stay alive) and Finesse (to keep Debuffs up).
    My Damage is bad, my Debuffs nice.

Would this be current now? I absolutely have no clue on which virtues to put on my two LMs, one is red, one blue.

My LM, my main, I solo.
    RED: Honesty, Wisdom, Justice, Loyalty, Empathy for +12K Armour, +4,651 ICMR, +3,327 Morale, +13.3K Tac Mastery.
    BLUE: Empathy, Fortitude, Justice, Wisdom, Honour for +9,500 Morale, +6.6K Armour, +11K Crit Def and +4,651 ICMR
    I do not normally run Yellow so I won't post about it.

The above stats are just a part of what Virtues now provide, he is between 60 and 65 for all listed Virtues.

A few months ago Virtues were overhauled, they are now more important and relevant. Every character can have multiply Virtue builds available through the Class Traits Panel. When you change from one trait to another the corresponding Virtue build changes with the traits.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…