We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A Question About Bundles

Is this the only bundle that is going to be offered, or will we see different bundles after this one?

I don't want to buy it and then see a different bundle in two weeks that's more appropriate for my needs. I don't want to miss out on it if it's the only bundle we're going to see. And will this bundle be offered again sometime in the random future, for those that miss out on it this time?

There likely will be other bundles but the probability that they will be tailored to YOUR needs is pretty much zero. Every bundle offered is going to be padded out with lots of fluff to make its value appear higher (and therefore justifying a higher price). That is the nature of bundles. If one happens to want that partucular fluff, lucky for them. But don't expect a well priced bundle composed entirely from USEFUL stuff.

I doubt that there will be another bundle yet, and if....they wouldn't communicate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifenkraut View Post
    Is this the only bundle that is going to be offered, or will we see different bundles after this one?

I don't want to buy it and then see a different bundle in two weeks that's more appropriate for my needs. I don't want to miss out on it if it's the only bundle we're going to see. And will this bundle be offered again sometime in the random future, for those that miss out on it this time?
    If this bundle does not suite your needs, than you can purchase the fluff already in the store. There is absolutely nothing new in this bundle and the fluff is already in game (and would cost you less to get) if that is all you are looking for.

Oh and if you list your exact needs, folks here might be able to tell you if this bundle is worth it, if there is a chance something more suitable for you may be offered or if you are better off just buying piecemeal from store.

While we don't want to completely close the door to future bundles or packages, we can certainly say we aren't bringing a similar bundle in the near future. If this bundle is appealing to you, it would behoove you to not wait hoping we do something else in the future.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Thanks for the replies, and the guessing, but I was really hoping for a blue response of some sort, even if just to say that they can't answer those questions. Other people will have the same questions for their own reasons, like if they want the bundle but can't afford it this week, or if they don't learn of it until after it's gone because of how busy their lives are.

I also wouldn't just refer to the bundle as fluff, because it also includes 15840 LP worth of quest packs beyond the expansion ones. It's very difficult for people who are currently VIP to get quest packs while still VIP, and so they usually miss out on any sort of sale or deal on those items.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    While we don't want to completely close the door to future bundles or packages, we can certainly say we aren't bringing a similar bundle in the near future. If this bundle is appealing to you, it would behoove you to not wait hoping we do something else in the future.
    Very good to know, thank you!!

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Too bad. A bundle combining a year VIP and things a long-time player who already had the expansions could use would have been nice. Even if it was just some more fluff and maybe a few more high-end LI items.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    If you already paid cash for the expansions, and plan to be VIP anyways..... the "extras" aren't worth it. The bundle is absolutely worth it if you are a new player and need all the expansions still.... It's also of considerable value if you don't have all content (and you have been warg-penning your way through levels) and finally want to own all the content once VIP lapses and you go to Premium.

If you have the expansions already, and would pay for VIP anyways..... you will get a lot more value out of spending $100 on Lotro Points.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    If you already paid cash for the expansions, and plan to be VIP anyways..... the "extras" aren't worth it. The bundle is absolutely worth it if you are a new player and need all the expansions still.... It's also of considerable value if you don't have all content (and you have been warg-penning your way through levels) and finally want to own all the content once VIP lapses and you go to Premium.

If you have the expansions already, and would pay for VIP anyways..... you will get a lot more value out of spending $100 on Lotro Points.
    This is indeed a good bundle for some! However, if you have all the content alrdy then not so much. I would like to spend $100 to $200 on Lotro this Christmas but they need to come up with a bundle that appeals to my wallet. Something like spend (x) number of points get 20% off everything in the Lotro Store. Spend (2x) number of points get 40% everything in the Lotro Store. Spend (3x) number of points get 60% off everything in the Lotro store. Add another double bonus points offer to go along with this and I am in my wallet ready and willing to spend.

Seems like something like this was done once before if my memory serves me right...

Welden
    Welden of Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by welden View Post
    This is indeed a good bundle for some! However, if you have all the content alrdy then not so much. I would like to spend $100 to $200 on Lotro this Christmas but they need to come up with a bundle that appeals to my wallet. Something like spend (x) number of points get 20% off everything in the Lotro Store. Spend (2x) number of points get 40% everything in the Lotro Store. Spend (3x) number of points get 60% off everything in the Lotro store. Add another double bonus points offer to go along with this and I am in my wallet ready and willing to spend.

Seems like something like this was done once before if my memory serves me right...

Welden
    Before the days of SSG, we used to get what Turbine called the "Choose Your Discount" sale, where if you had 1000+ Turbine points worth of items in your shopping cart, you'd get 10% off the final total when you checked out (we don't use a shopping cart anymore). If you had 2000+ points of items in your cart, you'd get 20% off at checkout, and if the total was 3000+, then you'd get 30% off. It was a beloved system, because we weren't limited to the two or three things they chose to put on sale. Everything and anything you wanted was on sale, if you spent enough points.

Maybe that's what you're remembering? Also, a big "hey" for the Big E!

I thought it was strange it's offered for such a short amount of time. Should at least be offered up until Christmas IMO. Seems like they don't want people to think about it too much.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Have VIP subs by themselves (without being bundled with anything) ever gone on sale? E.g. the $99 yearly VIP price going on sale for say $79 or so? That might be much more interesting to players who have already been here for a while and have purchased expansions already.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Have VIP subs by themselves (without being bundled with anything) ever gone on sale? E.g. the $99 yearly VIP price going on sale for say $79 or so? That might be much more interesting to players who have already been here for a while and have purchased expansions already.
    Yup: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ered-buying-it

Very interesting thread. Someone brings up 'Another really nice perk that does not exist --- exclusive VIP Servers - just a thought' in July 2015.

That post had Hurin respond:

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    I would love to play on a "subscriber only" server with no LotRO Store. But that would only make sense and be worthwhile if we could somehow determine how difficult in-game items should be to acquire via gameplay in the absence of the Store's influence. Which, sadly, is impossible to know. All we can say with relative certainty is that the Store provides incentive for Turbine to make the Store's "competition" (earning items through gameplay) more "expensive" (in gameplay terms).

I realize you mean only a subcriber-only server where the Store would be present. There's some value there too. But for me, going back to an era where the game's integrity was more fully intact and everyone earned what they got within the game has great appeal.

Sadly, it'll never happen.
    You will grind your hamsterwheel and you will be happy.
    From f2p to p2w: nothing here is accidental
    https://www.gdcvault.com/play/102469...g-Monetization