We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

SSG Forum Mishandling

Not only has the latest update been mishandled in the way of certain changes to be done - specially in light of whats happened to the Burg

ie- changes supposed to happen that have not actually happened!!!! And also the lack of Feedback from Developers within Burg feedback Threads..

But... in this thread https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...n-our-Feedback

It was closed saying about Harassment and insults where there was NONE!! What so ever!!!

Maybe someone from the hagiarchy of SSG my enlighten us poor minions on how YOU expect us Plebs to interact - Now would we be using US Constitution or EU Constitution depending where we are from??? As it seems to me from that thread when nothing has happened we are making up a total new type of Law to your own

More than the Forum Announcements have been mishandled. Stuff listed for inclusion in 23.2 then showing up in various iterations of 23.1.x instead. Stuff showing up in one place then showing up in another an hour later. Or four hours later to another place.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Looking at the thread, I'll have to agree that it was locked for no reason. Unless Cord deleted a post then locked it, but that seems a little redundant. All the more reason to rant about the burg and highlight how poorly information is handles here. SSG can't even get patch notes right. SSG just seems poorly managed from top down.

This forum is SSG property and there is no free speech here. As per the TOS, you cannot discuss certain topics. Furthermore, it's up to them to create their own interpretation of what you are saying. If they choose to understand what you said as harassment, then that's what it is.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

Quote Originally Posted by Flintryth View Post
    Not only has the latest update been mishandled in the way of certain changes to be done - specially in light of whats happened to the Burg

ie- changes supposed to happen that have not actually happened!!!! And also the lack of Feedback from Developers within Burg feedback Threads..

But... in this thread https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...n-our-Feedback

It was closed saying about Harassment and insults where there was NONE!! What so ever!!!

Maybe someone from the hagiarchy of SSG my enlighten us poor minions on how YOU expect us Plebs to interact - Now would we be using US Constitution or EU Constitution depending where we are from??? As it seems to me from that thread when nothing has happened we are making up a total new type of Law to your own
    If you look at the bottom of the first post, it says edited by Cordovan, likely removing the nasty stuff. It isn't SSG that's mishandling the forums. It's the rude name-calling disrespectful folk. If you can't post your thoughts and suggestions without personal attacks then expect to be censured. It would behoove you to read your posts back and imagine them directed at you before you hit send. I do that when I'm angry and usually just end up deleting and starting over, lol. Constructive criticism, yes. Ugly insults, no. Neeb is right on.

Quote Originally Posted by Starliteyes View Post
    If you look at the bottom of the first post, it says edited by Cordovan, likely removing the nasty stuff. It isn't SSG that's mishandling the forums. It's the rude name-calling disrespectful folk.
    I read the post before the edit. There was nothing nasty. No name calling.

These days, you just have to disagree with the wrong person and you'll get into trouble. Defend yourself against lies, and you'll get dinged for "personal attacks."

The game must be doing so amazingly well now they can turn off paying customers for trivial reasons.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    The post was removed because it named a developer by name as having screwed up the burglar changes and failed to communicate or respond to feedback.

Apparently any criticism that mentions the name of the developer is not permitted, even if the criticism is both reasonably polite and accurate.

Perhaps *especially* if it is accurate.

Caveat - I haven't been following the burglar changes and do not have any knowledge of whether the criticism was correct. It seemed credible but that is not the same thing as *knowing* it was valid.

You can't even joke about Turbine's past staff as our CM's own rules say we can't.

You can disparage the game all you want but not anyone who's had anything to do with it for the last 15 years.

We ofc don't know the people behind the game, unless you are a groupie stalker, but our CMM does know them personally so is eager to protect his friends from abuse.
    He takes a good deal himself that he doesn't tolerate against others who maybe aren't equipped to take it.

All my slaps on the wrist have be born out of frustration at what seem to me are inexplicable decisions and implementation. I had thought that our CM's lack of game knowledge was why he was defending the indefensible output, but no it's just taken as an isolated attack and jumped on. Any steps made to reach that point have no affect.

A wife battered for years gets more of a hearing in the dock of the murder trial.

It's our ever missing ED who should have sorted out this situation years ago, I can't speculate further.

I've never lived in a totalitarian state, but the game is making me think I play in one.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    If posts are so disruptive or heinous that it isn't a good idea to have them readable even after the thread is closed..... they are deleted. The thread may be closed to prevent things from escalating again, while at the same time leaving it readable for any good feedback or posts that are in the thread that can be searched for later.

Also, you are typically free to start a new discussion thread on anything, as long as the discussion remains civilized..... but this forum isn't a Democracy where its participants have certain rights.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Macdui View Post
    You can't even joke about Turbine's past staff as our CM's own rules say we can't.

You can disparage the game all you want but not anyone who's had anything to do with it for the last 15 years.

We ofc don't know the people behind the game, unless you are a groupie stalker, but our CMM does know them personally so is eager to protect his friends from abuse.
    He takes a good deal himself that he doesn't tolerate against others who maybe aren't equipped to take it.

All my slaps on the wrist have be born out of frustration at what seem to me are inexplicable decisions and implementation. I had thought that our CM's lack of game knowledge was why he was defending the indefensible output, but no it's just taken as an isolated attack and jumped on. Any steps made to reach that point have no affect.

A wife battered for years gets more of a hearing in the dock of the murder trial.

It's our ever missing ED who should have sorted out this situation years ago, I can't speculate further.

I've never lived in a totalitarian state, but the game is making me think I play in one.
    This is especially intriguing if you factor in how Cordovan started out as a CM. He seemed more chill and more open-minded at the time. Then came many curious judgements.

You don't have to cuss. You don't have to be offensive in any way. You just say something he misconstrues and you're slapped with an infaction. He once gave me one for just being playful with an old friend in the forum. It was reversed, but it was soon followed by another for similar reasons that called me a troll! He literally called me a troll by accusing me of violating their no trolling policy. I didn't even bother to object anymore. I believe that infraction still hasn't expired. Point is think twice before you consider this a social space where people can interact like normal people.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdui View Post
    The internet has never been a democracy, and will never be one. Each little island, such as this forum and all others, is managed by one or more people who set their own rules, their own laws, and their own (virtual) punishments if said laws are broken. Luckily, you DO have the freedom of choice (at least, I am assuming for a moment you live in a western society) to play the games you WANT to play, and to visit the forums you WANT to visit.

The worlds of Middle Earth by the way ARE totalitarian states. The Shire's mayor never gets re-elected, and the Kingdom of Gondor is a monarchy with a single ruler that holds all powers. The "Free Peoples" might think they are free, but in reality they are ruled by mayors, captains, kings and otherwise monarchs with no elections, and as far as I know.... no constitutions, with the threat of worse varieties of those lurking around the corners of Mordor.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

[QUOTE= SSG can't even get patch notes right. SSG just seems poorly managed from top down.[/QUOTE]

Turbine had the same issue, did what they wanted, when they wanted, with little input from player base, but when you have such a crybaby player base as this , I wouldn't need your opinion either, I already know you will complain about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Starliteyes View Post
    If you look at the bottom of the first post, it says edited by Cordovan, likely removing the nasty stuff. It isn't SSG that's mishandling the forums. It's the rude name-calling disrespectful folk. If you can't post your thoughts and suggestions without personal attacks then expect to be censured. It would behoove you to read your posts back and imagine them directed at you before you hit send. I do that when I'm angry and usually just end up deleting and starting over, lol. Constructive criticism, yes. Ugly insults, no. Neeb is right on.
    Unfortunately, the OP chose to inappropriately call out an employee by name for negative attention and harassment, which has never been and never will be allowed. The name was edited out before the thread was closed.

We've been seeing an awful lot of personal attacks against SSG employees on these forums in recent days, and this needs to stop immediately. It is rarely accurate to call out a specific developer in regard to a specific change or group of changes, and even in the cases when a specific developer does work on a thing, harassing them, insulting them, and calling for them to be fired is extremely inappropriate. We will notolerate these kind of posts.

We also don't allow for public trials to be held on moderation decisions, so this thread is also closed.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool