We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Are these new burglar changes a joke or what?

Come on guys!!!

You have nerfed the skill Reveal Weakness. My damage bonus has been reduced from 18.2% to 11.5% i.e. 6.7%!!!

Yet you say "Burglar - skill damage and DoT damage increased. With reveal weakness decreasing in potency, Burglar damage needed to increase to compensate." - I have checked every skill I have and the damage increase is about 1% at best

How is that class "Balancing".

More like class "Nerfing"

My burglar was weak enough - Now it's going to be unplayable!

I have yet to play mine post changes, but saw the nerf on T&G as a bad thing for a Gambler given that Evade is your self heal, T&G is a crowd used to be quite beneficial.

What problem(s) have they been trying to address?
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Balancing work among the classes, so if one class have to be nerfed to be balnced to the others. Irksome for the players of the nerfed class but neccessary.

Selling this as a "class update" is outrageous. If you take away all patch note lines that concern Reveal Weakness, you're left with minor changes to like 2 or 3 skills. None of the core issues of the class are addressed in any shape or form. The final patch is what was in Bullroarer build #1, no feedback considered, no communication throughout 3 beta rounds.
    It really is a joke.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Now y'all burgs understand how the blue hunters felt when Vastin castrated them in favor of the One True Build, which is of course static, boring stand-still red line. Because why have choices?

Welcome burgs, have a seat, we'll be here awhile.

Hi Captains, I see you in the back, grousing about your un-scaled heals, but nevermind. Burgs were obvs the priority with their OP revealing mark.

Great job as usual SSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtower View Post
    Now y'all burgs understand how the blue hunters felt when Vastin castrated them in favor of the One True Build, which is of course static, boring stand-still red line. Because why have choices?

Hi Captains, I see you in the back, grousing about your un-scaled heals, but nevermind. Burgs were obvs the priority with their OP revealing mark.

Great job as usual SSG.
    I dont know what game are you playing, but the old blue line hunter was the most boring class to play with its 2 button Rotation. The new redline is much more exciting and if you linke your mobilty, you can still play blue, its not Bad at all.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

Except hunters are useful for every type of group content in the game right now, they are the top ST dps by a mile.

Burglar....will just be a trick-disable machine for a month or two when the raid is dropped, GG. Any type of content that isn't a 12 man raid, a burglar will have a very hard time finding a group where they feel like they actually have an impact.

I feel sad for burgs the same as i feel sad for minstrel mid-level heals (dont start with that lvl 50 faceroll topic, try lvl 65 t2 raid first with group on level). I whish you burgs good luck with next update.

It's shameful.

Sev, you have let us down.
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

The Ascensio

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    LM has gotten nerfs too - maybe there are a few people that haven't bought Beorning yet and they are trying to drive all of us to the bears.

Great job as usual SSG.
    Post-U19 Blue Hunter was the "One True Build". It would be cognitive dissonance to praise that overpowered, unbalanced nonsense while suggesting you care for choices. Hunters had a full Blue season for 2 years and then the dream died. Time to move on.

Burglars have been getting the trash treatment since the level cap was 65. As someone who doesn't appreciate The Gambler, I could even say since MoM. Imagine creating this new system called trait lines which allows players to focus on specific aspects of their class. Then imagine being completely clueless about Burglars as a developer that you can't even think of 3 aspects to focus on, so you create a completely new mechanic that revolves around randomness instead. That's just me rambling though.

Fact is that the Reveal Weakness nerf isn't trait line specific. This isn't about "choice"; it's just a global nerf that affects all Burglars. Hopefully the damage compensation is actually live this patch (because it wasn't in the most recent Bullroarer build).
    Yalras - Burglar
    Eldar to Evernight

These are likely the last changes Burglars will see for a very long time, if not ever. SSG, please do not allow Burglars to persist in this state.

Currently running The Spirit Gauntlet, during which no fate is unimaginable...

'Legendary' Items - Tips, Tricks, and a Guide to the 'Grind' - a Legendary Items guide! (And a new Imbuing guide! and Essence guide!)

The Life and Times of Kaleigh Starshine: Curing insomnia, one reader at a time, and a proud resident of The Cottage of Pen and Play

I cannot believe these changes. SSG lined burgs up and WHACKED THE F8CK out of them with a huge nerf bat!

Nerfing Reveal Weakness?? One of our remaining MAIN things we got invited to a raid for??

Nerfing evades to make blue line burgs paper sheets??

Saying you increased damage across the board but NOTHING is actually increased?

This is the WORST. You took a class that was ALREADY gimped to high heaven and basically just made it worse.

SSG - if you hate the class so much, just get rid of it altogether. You should be ashamed.

A Burglar, 'I get no respect'.

It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

15. Dec 13 2018, 12:09 PM

Bilbo will be furious. I don't think he signed that contract with this "weakness" in mind. Laceration, evisceration and incineration, is probably not worth a 14th share of a 12 man adventure, considering it now very likely means certain death At least he'll get his out of pocket expenses and funeral costs.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

(Short letter from a burg - who born in 2008) Thanks for the nerf... RW was big portion of the burg's damage, but now, i feel my burg almost useless. Broken. Buff the damage as you promised or give back the pre-nerf RW. New touch and go is... acceptable, but i liked the old version with the old find footing much better. If you don't know the class, please don't touch it!
    Last edited by Elisawyn; Dec 14 2018 at 04:55 AM.

[google translated post]

I stopped playing the game a couple of years ago (1,5 - 2). Because my burglar was not needed by anyone. Even in kin, they practically did not want to take me anywhere, as they considered my class useless.

Now I started playing on Anor with other characters. But my heart hurts when I see how my favorite class continues to nerf for no reason.
    Changes look awful. Reveal Weakness was the only thing that was helpful to the group/raid. Whyyyy!?

I remember how I suffered because of the constant nerfs before (~u13-14-15). I fell into a frenzy when you gave us a bow. Then you listened to the massive anger of the players, I hope you will do it now. The class needs caring and love for many years. And the people who play them.

Giving a rationale for why the changes were being made in the first place.
    Acknowledging issues that were identified pretty quickly during BR preview #1 and interacting more with those providing feedback for the class.
    Communicating after the patch went live to confirm that yes, several elements of the patch notes were not properly implemented as described.

Was it really so hard to do any of the above instead of leaving a bit of a black hole for people to vent into?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelbryht View Post
    Giving a rationale for why the changes were being made in the first place.
    Acknowledging issues that were identified pretty quickly during BR preview #1 and interacting more with those providing feedback for the class.
    Communicating after the patch went live to confirm that yes, several elements of the patch notes were not properly implemented as described.

Was it really so hard to do any of the above instead of leaving a bit of a black hole for people to vent into?

I know I posted this same thing in a couple other threads but ill post here too as some may not have seen it.

An issue I have seen is that with the changes being made through BR, they concentrated on the ONE class and fed back info and even replied to things on that class - They did it with HUNTER and GUARD.
    This update they had 7 comments from devs in the 24 hours to patch going live, the devs also did over a dozen comments in just over the week prior to patch going live all on the BR Forums and Class content thread on the BEORNING

Not once did any Dev even put a comment within Burg changes other than the day that the initial post was put up about - PLACE YOUR COMMENTS HERE ON BURG!!!!!!

I have been a Burg since Beta of the game and we have had some real hard times - I call upon Moria release and how burgs got shafted and it took near 2 years to get anything of relevance to make the of use to anyone - and that only came because they brought out a raid where you need us for starting CJ's, I was always asked by people - Why do I carry on playing a burg?? Yet I fought through them bad times and now we are having more bad times.... And NO!!! I am not playing through these ones.

ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!

I've been maining a burglar for over five years now, and I do feel upset we just got an unneeded nerf, especially after the silent nerf we got earlier this year.

From a developer's perspective I do understand our reveal weakness skill does need to be capped at some point though. A legacy like that can't keep growing with every LI update, as it will become too powerful, the same is valid for skills of every class.

But SSG should not have launched these burglar changes, until further development and testing and tweaking had been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelbryht View Post
    This is an important point. However we know that the burglar class is not liked.

Whole, most famous book is dedicated to the Burglaring (Hobbit).

Burglar Class has most dedicated player base in the game, because there is nearly no other reason to play the class but because we want to.

Yet, in our feedback threads we get many detractors that say we do not need any improvement, but instead should rather get a nerf.

I would not want to really "vent" but I like the class and play it as main and would like to keep at it as look at it looks like devs are looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by koteyka View Post
    [google translated post]

I stopped playing the game a couple of years ago (1,5 - 2). Because my burglar was not needed by anyone. Even in kin, they practically did not want to take me anywhere, as they considered my class useless.

Now I started playing on Anor with other characters. But my heart hurts when I see how my favorite class continues to nerf for no reason.
    Changes look awful. Reveal Weakness was the only thing that was helpful to the group/raid. Whyyyy!?

I remember how I suffered because of the constant nerfs before (~u13-14-15). I fell into a frenzy when you gave us a bow. Then you listened to the massive anger of the players, I hope you will do it now. The class needs caring and love for many years. And the people who play them.
    This is the kind of posts that are real.

Yes some can just turn to the Hunter or RK or master warden as a hobby. But for some the lore and the class are the reason why we play this game.

Please continue making the class stronger not weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrist View Post
    These are likely the last changes Burglars will see for a very long time, if not ever. SSG, please do not allow Burglars to persist in this state.
    Thank you. Yes, please do not take us off you radar. We can use some more of ANYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwenwing View Post
    I've been maining a burglar for over five years now, and I do feel upset we just got an unneeded nerf, especially after the silent nerf we got earlier this year.

From a developer's perspective I do understand our reveal weakness skill does need to be capped at some point though. A legacy like that can't keep growing with every LI update, as it will become too powerful, the same is valid for skills of every class.

But SSG should not have launched these burglar changes, until further development and testing and tweaking had been done.
    Actually here are some points here:

To grow your LI is the reason LI is in the game. So to "cap" something is wrong way about it. Instead it should have gotten scaled down. IF it was thought to inflate. But to place hard caps that are in other ways a nerf from where we are now is just discouraging.

There was promise to compensate in increased damage of our skills and our DOT. It does not look like this change got into the update.

Stacking of reveal weakness by several Burglars that are not otherwise participating (pretty much) in a raid, well this IS THE problem. -it would make sense to make it possible for us to participate and increase our dps (as was promised) and then remembering that it would only affect raid and not solo, it could be ok? But to just nerf one of our important abilities is harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Digaloo View Post
    Come on guys!!!

You have nerfed the skill Reveal Weakness. My damage bonus has been reduced from 18.2% to 11.5% i.e. 6.7%!!!

Yet you say "Burglar - skill damage and DoT damage increased. With reveal weakness decreasing in potency, Burglar damage needed to increase to compensate." - I have checked every skill I have and the damage increase is about 1% at best

How is that class "Balancing".

More like class "Nerfing"

My burglar was weak enough - Now it's going to be unplayable!
    Completely agree.

The class was weak and next to useless, but that is not why we play it, clearly.

However to nerf it now is completely undeserved.

Make RW not stack - ok But reduce it's effectiveness, oh this is just like a single thing we were not bad at, remember we can't even get to the enemy melee range anyway, most times (nor should we, unless to be defeated is the goal)

They do need to seriously compensate for this for solo players, damage and DOT must go up at same rate as RW is reduced at.