We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: For new players

For new players

The question is simple, is this a good server to start a fresh char ?

Erionor is offline Captain of Gondor, showed quality
    Quote Originally Posted by Volkwin View Post
    The question is simple, is this a good server to start a fresh char ?
    I don’t think it matters what server particularly, unless you have a specific play style e.g. RP etc. All servers get reasonable populations but lower generally in the morning GMT. Just try it out and see how you feel, and try a couple of others for a few levels before you decide. I plumped for Laurelin because I like the RP style and it seems to have a mature player base. I have heard that Evernight is good for Australian players, but I might be wrong.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Started playing on Evernight and in the first zone I already found people to group with Returned to the game after many years and it feels even better than before

Yeah the amount of people at Evernight is very good. At peak times during evenings (19-21 GMT) you find around 1000 people online. Mind that peak times are often a bit based on European times.
    safe travels & shout when need a hand o7
    /swordsalute
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    I've been on all the servers over the years. Evernight has always been significantly more populated than Laurelin at least for quite a while. Subjective feel I have no numbers to support this. It has a significant number of non-EU players so even at 3AM local time there are more people around than one might expect.

Since the legendary servers came out I think Laurelin feels significantly deader compared to Evernight. Maybe they both lost the same percentage but Evernight could afford it more.

Erionor is offline Captain of Gondor, showed quality
    Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    I've been on all the servers over the years. Evernight has always been significantly more populated than Laurelin at least for quite a while. Subjective feel I have no numbers to support this. It has a significant number of non-EU players so even at 3AM local time there are more people around than one might expect.

Since the legendary servers came out I think Laurelin feels significantly deader compared to Evernight. Maybe they both lost the same percentage but Evernight could afford it more.
    I’ve got a feeling there were more subscribers and more mature players using Laurelin. It was pretty busy before, but also from forum posts it sounds like there are a good few RP players who have been playing on the legendary servers so that may have had a big impact as Laurelin is the RP server. I know one of the kins I’m in sent everyone a message saying they were going to start something up over there, and they are a pretty big and active kin so that would make quite a dent in the population.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...