We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: New Warden

Red face New Warden

Hello,

I unlocked the Warden class since it was on sale for 75% off and it looks interesting to play. I have a few questions about the class, so:

1) I will be leveling a fresh character from level 1, what stats should I focus on? I don't plan on doing MPVP or raiding at all, but questing, crafting, and exploring. I have no interest in tanking, so I want to play a DPS role.

2) What armour/weapons does a Warden use?

3) Does race matter? I plan to unlock High Elves soonish but this character will be a Historian or Tinker, haven't decided yet. I already have a Journeyman Tailor/Expert Cook and Journeyman Metalsmith for food/armour/warden shields. My Hunter is a Woodworker for spears/javelins.

Any tips/input on playing the class is greatly appreciated! Thank you

Warden is an agility class so agility and vitality/morale are primary stats.

Medium armor with agility just like burg and hunter. Wardens have special shields just for them. I use 1h swords but it really doesn’t matter till you imbue at 100.

High elf is great with +5% traits both for swords and light. The bigger dots are light damage.

Caveats on warden:
    Lots of button pushes and memorizing sequences for gambits. What another character type does in 1 button takes a warden 2 to 6 button pushes that must be in the exact right sequence. Lag will affect wardens much more due to this sequencing.

The skill deeds are excruciating as you have to use useless gambits hundreds of times that you would rarely use in combat. I finished a bunch of mine against the dummies.

You can play melee dps in red or hunter-like ranged dps in yellow depending on situation and playstyle preference. Past about 60-70 I pretty much mostly played in red/blue or occasionally blue/red.

Welcome to the most abused and misunderstood class in LOTRO.

This Warden Gambit Aid may help you with Gambits. It is a Google Sheets spreadsheet that you can download, adjust, print and use.

There are several apps on LOTRO Interface that are designed to help you learn Gambits, however they all are several years out of date. I you wanted to try one, I would recommend Gambit Helper2 by Nween.

As for Virtues, any that increase your Physical and Tactical Mitigations, Armour and Vitality then Agility.

After you have spent some time learning to be a Warden, remember you can take on multiple mobs at the same time (up to 10 on level), you can often do small fellowship quests by yourself and you can also so a good portion of fellowship quests on level.

Your greatest enemy will be your own fingers. More Wardens have been defeated by their own finger than by mobs. For a Warden, Fumble Fingers kill...

To me the priority in building a Warden is, in order, Vitality, Agility, Physical Mastery, Mitigations, BPE, Resistance

Our primary damage type is Light.

Wardens wear medium armor, so a tailor is a good trade skill

A good profession would be an Explorer. The run speed buff (+40% out of combat) makes gathering easy and you can sell the wood on the AH and make your armour from the hides that you gather and process as a Forester.

Later in the game racial benefits do not matter.

Again welcome to the Warden class. They is fun
    Last edited by Gandolf_TheOld; Apr 30 2019 at 07:33 PM.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

May the great Steve watch over you, may you keep all your cookys, and may all your gambits fire.

Ramen.
    Points Peasant. | Dissent | If you're bored, pull more mobs. - geoboy | I'm a wild-eyed spear-wielding, javelin throwing, shield-bashing, blood-curdled screaming, melee dervish tank. I like it. Hearts are for pansies. I'd like some cooky dough.

you'll learn the gambits in no time, practice makes perfect!