We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Yellow line trait tree and rotation

It’s been years since I’ve played a yellow burg, but people seem to only group with yellow like burgs, so I want to see what the standard (if there is one) yellow build looks like and a routine rotation. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerz View Post
    It’s been years since I’ve played a yellow burg, but people seem to only group with yellow like burgs, so I want to see what the standard (if there is one) yellow build looks like and a routine rotation. Thanks!
    Hello, how are you,
    Good to have you back and back as a Burglar,

The Yellow line is not mandatory, i have avoided playing in yellow like for 2 years now.

It only becomes something make it or break it for the smaller size raids of high difficulty. And even there if you move good and cast your Adelle and RW you should be able to DPS. As it stands in the game, all other classes do everything we do better, but there is no other class that can cover the range that we have. If there is a group that needs Burglar to carry the hunt in some way, that meant it is just not the right group make up to start with. Tank must be able to maintain aggro, support must be able to support and LM and cap do that great. Healers heal so much better then Burg, not even worth mentioning.

All that said, there is the ideo of what is Burglar in a group can contribute most and if it is DPS, then it is decent. But RW +Enrage with trikster in a group of 6 would make big difference for the DPS of whole group. In fact it would likely be the only thing type of direction one could go to be useful in a group. And recent nerf, especially towards our group mechanic in regards to RW (reveal weakens) makes us even less useful.

What I am trying to say is that you should be able to play Red or Blue for most group or solo content, however in some situations yellow is the only good addition to the group, not critical but better one.

Here is some one's guide that can give you some idea: http://dome.guildlaunch.com/forums/v...php?t=11555760

This is another long standing guide as well: http://dadislotroguides.com/burglar-guide-u19-2/

There is no right or wrong here, it however depends on what you enjoy doing, after all it is not some kind of job, it is iur past time, game, were we suppose to enjoy ourselves. No matter what some overly serious people will make it sound like.

I run Den of Thieves, it's a kin on Brandywine server. We are All Burglar, all Hobbit kin. However, If you are Man Burglar you can also apply and we will be happy to welcome you in.

My name in the game and in the forums is same, if we share server, welcome to write mail to me and that will reach me if i am online or not

Greetings,

Class popularity.
    The class is generally disadvantaged in end-game group content as things stand. Conjunctions are irrelevant. Healing is minor. Average HpS is at its best about double a tank's, as applied by self-heals. Its damage remains single target only, depended on the usual cons of melee combat (positioning, low range, often moving targets etc.) and based on bleeds, the values of which need to be readjusted as DpS -especially after reveal weakness nerf- is vastly lower to a ranged DpS, warden or even a decently geared champion in red (a class, the utility of which has also seen brighter days).
    Blue line's utility is very limited to specific scenarios and fights. Debuffing gamble has a very short duration to keep it on a target -much less a boss- basically disallowing any other activities that would benefit the group. Disabling gamble equals permanent daze (on a number of targets if you're quick with your moving and targeting), but that can only be so helpful against enemies with immunity or adaptability.

Yellow line popularity.
    Therefore yellow is most often, as mentioned, the most meaningful thus popular addition to a fellowship or raid, mainly because of reveal weakness, addle debuff and two tricks who -unlike all others- have yet to be outscaled: Improved Disable and Enrage. They're acceptably efficient given their values, cooldowns, durations and range, even though a lore-master's debuffs remain stronger and make him, combined with the rest of his arsenal, an overall better supporting option. Yellow prevails also because it's easier to execute. Too few end-game focused main burglars are left and people will usually -if ever- gear an alt burglar to average, not putting in the time and effort it takes to perform well in the other two -undermined, alas indeed weak- lines.

Yellow rotation?
    No right or wrong here. Burglar rotation is naturally dynamic. If you're quick enough, you should be able to do much more than the minimum in fights where your -still superior- crowd control makes sense. There are some general premises though. Reveal Weakness should stay and Quite a Snag should be spammed on the raid assist target to maximize your groups damage. Boss(es) -if present- should be debuffed according to your group's survivability. Use Enrage for more outgoing damage or Disable for less incoming damage. Save your addle for targets -especially bosses- that deal high tactical burst. Try to time Trickster and 2nd respective trick/debuff just before expected special attacks or other supports' damage buffs (example: be ready to cast a second Enrage as captain's Oathbreakers come online). When fighting scattered enemies try to crowd control and debuff as many and as often as possible. Throw in trick removal off-heals to relieve some pressure off your tank and healer, but not at the expense of timely needed debuffs. Spam cunning attack, stab and critical chain damage abilities in between the above.

Yellow build?
    If you're solely after playing yellow, invest on finesse to ensure resistance avoidance of your debuffs/cc and become as beefy as possible to be able to roam freely and survive bursts/occasional cleaves by stacking defensive stats. These are -in order of importance: Mitigations, Morale, Critical Defense. Incoming healing increase rates are not worth your time.

Hope that helps.
    Psorokostaina/Ippokratis/Kervertros/Teucros. Officer & Raid Leader for The Aegean Eagles, Evernight {EU}.
    The Aegean Eagles Forums
    The Aegean Eagles Calendar