We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LotRO activates my headphone mike - make it stop :)

When I log in to LotRO my headphone mike turns on. No other game or application does this. Is there some game setting or driver I could uncheck? My headphone is also playing every sound around me via the mike. If I wanted to hear my kids argue I never would have put the headphones on.

Thanks.

Do you have Voice Enabled checked under Options/Audio? If so, uncheck it and see if that turns it off. If that doesn't fix it, one of the other settings down there might. Push to talk, maybe?

Other than that you're probably looking at disabling the mic in your computer's audio settings.

You probably have voice activation set up in the settings instead of either push to talk or voice chat disabled.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Last edited by Pelind; Dec 29 2018 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks all - sadly none of that worked. I'll keep digging

One suggestion based on past experience

It's possible you have your Voice Capture Threshold set too low; check it under Systems>Options>Audio near the bottom and try increasing it to eliminate the pick-up of background sounds. Use Mic Test to get a delayed copy thru your headset of what the mic is picking up and adjust the Threshold level to suit you.

No ON/OFF for the Mic on the Headphone or its software? That would be very strange.
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots