We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Even if they can't/won't do finesse, I'd take a +1 min shield spike duration per starlit, lol.
    This Space Is Reserved.

I like to play solo redline guardian with a 2h weapon so the main stat on the belt would be useless anyway for that character. A change to finesse or incoming healing would be lovely and I favor the former.

I vote for finesse too but, anything would be better then nothing.

I vote for tact mit, fate or incoming healing as a replacement. I think the reason they are taking so long to fix this LONG outstanding issue is that they hate DPS Guardians, hehe!

Most all other classes have been updated over the past year but Guardians get little if any lovin' at all when it comes adjusting stats. Personally I am growing weary of replacing much of my gear each time they 'tweak' Guardian stats and mess it up so I hope when they DO fix this problem it won't require us to jump thru hoops to accommodate the 'repair'.
    "Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics"

So, SSG care to shed any light on the subject or keep ignoring thread for another year?

I think base combat damage boost for all response skills would be a lot better than just a stat. Guardian is a response class anyway...

Sadly i don't think any developer has paid attention to guardian sub-forum topics for a while (since the last guardian rework). Problem in general is that for a MMO that tries to be a AAA game there are just not enough developers around. As far as i know there is only one competent developer (Vastin) atm in SSG who remotely understands the classes and even he can't make correct calculations for level increases, for what we have clearly seen in Guardian example where bleeds/skills have scaled utterly poorly from 115 to 130. In near future i just don't see any improvement for Guardian class overall because the focus is in other classes atm (for a reason), thus the future is quite grim for guardians. Once the great gods of tanking and even OP class in moors has reduced to ridiculed force taunt spamming, kiting muppet class at the current endgame where even Captains can outplay and offer much more utility in general.

Easter bump time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    Not exactly. It used to boost shield skills (and warchant). When Vastin reworked the Guard, he detached shield skills and WC from shield use rank. Which means that shield use rank is useful for zero of three skill trees now.
    Thanks for that info. On my red-line belt, I don't spend crystals. I have for my blue-line in case I ever fellow again; but now I can ignore that too.

Bump

Lets be honest yall, outside of maybe swapping in the small amount of ICH champ runes get, shield use rank wont be touched till the elusive LI revamp :P

Its a sad fate but i think we need to come to terms with it.
    Lvl 130 Guard - Olebenny || Lvl 130 Guard - Theoderad || Lvl 130 Guard - Estelrian || Lvl 130 Captain - Galtherium || Lvl 130 Runekeeper - Leegun || Lvl 130 Mini - Nathorean || Lvl 130 Champion - Cephrial
    Leader of Raiders Beneath the Shadow - Arkenstone
    What more does one need in LotRO than a lot of morale and a shield?

Quote Originally Posted by thrargall View Post
    So, SSG care to shed any light on the subject or keep ignoring thread for another year?

(listens to crickets)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Toward the beginning of May 2018, Vastin wrote the following on the Bullroarer forums regarding the Guardian balance pass:

In early June 2018, Update 22.2 was released. Fifteen months later, and our hard earned crystals still mean nothing on our class items. Any chance this can get looked into?
    I am guessing they don't know how. If they have a better excuse I am sure there are OOOODLES of Guardians that would love to hear it

Update 30 bump. Am I correct in saying that applying star-lit crystals does nothing. I mean nothing, no bump in heals, block chance, dmg, or anything else. My only toon is a Guardian. I love guards. I just wish we were a little more competitive. It is very hard to find a good group comp. for t3 three mans, and having a useful main stat on our belts would help.

The Legendary Item revamp is coming in a few weeks...supposedly for real this time. Maybe Shield Use Rank will do something then, or be replaced with something useful...or there won't be main legacies anymore. Or it will be as useless as it has been the last three or four years. Time will tell.

Well folks it's to be -incoming healing, going by the Belt of Legend. I guess it's the placeholder, lacking further thoughts on the matter in 32 months.

Lo and behold, we got something. I wouldn't mind if it stayed IH. But it needs either be converted into a percentage value, or significantly buffed. The 24k incoming healing reating i've seen translate to less than 2% incoming healing at 130 cap. And that is at the beginning of the curve, if you already get some IH rating from equipment, it is even less.

(I know the value will probably grow with reforges at lvl 135 / 140, but the cap will probably double too, and I do not believe the IH value will suddenly jump from 24k to 200K at lvl 140.)

New Champ runes and Burglar tools got the same IH rating. It is more we get now from our imbued items (around 10k), but is still pityfull.

Now they need to fix Brutal Charges 100% crit on first hit if trait is equipped and maxed. It doesn't work, at all... They fix one thing and break 6 more in this game...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2