We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    PVMP makes this game special above all others. Without it, I feel my subscription is violated and the legendary server nostalgia is lost. #BringBackPVMP
    I understand the dev team is small but this is not an excuse. This is a lack of work. You have the ability to make a great game and you ruin it for the old players. #SaveLegendaryServers

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    I'll do my best to answer what I can:

Q2- There will be no PVMP for Legendary Servers when Moria arrives.
    2b- There are no definitive plans to bring PVMP to the Legendary Servers at this time.
    This is extremely disappointing. Please re-think. I know a lot of people who are/were eagerly anticipating starting with fresh ranks, fresh creeps, etc.
    Regardless of the fun and potential, the revenue loss from Creep-side purchases alone leaves me baffled as to the logic and reasoning behind such a bold move.

Moria... for 4 months... hmmm. Yeeeeah.

./Vote to enable PvMP for Legendary Servers

regardless of the balance, or rather lack there-of. Just do it! Release the Kraken! Let loose the [Wargs] of war!

We DO have moors on the regular servers, we just aren’t getting the original Shadows of Angmar moors I suspect many of you bought into with LS. I’ve yet to commit to LS even though it’s my favorite content in the game because I expected it to do poorly. It doesn’t provide what you would want or expect because SSG does not have the resources to pour into recreating the original game. If it was a copy of the original Lotro release I expect things would go much more smoothly.

As it is, we are almost certainly never going to get what we want from it so I would encourage people to just return to their regular server moors.

Quote Originally Posted by dsltn07 View Post
    We DO have moors on the regular servers, we just aren’t getting the original Shadows of Angmar moors I suspect many of you bought into with LS. I’ve yet to commit to LS even though it’s my favorite content in the game because I expected it to do poorly. It doesn’t provide what you would want or expect because SSG does not have the resources to pour into recreating the original game. If it was a copy of the original Lotro release I expect things would go much more smoothly.

As it is, we are almost certainly never going to get what we want from it so I would encourage people to just return to their regular server moors.
    no one is interested in the moors at 120 unfortunately. The main appeal to legendary is being able to start fresh in both pve and pvp rank. Lots of people have zero intention of returning to normal servers and wanted to play this one last server up to the point they quit on the original servers before being done with the game for good. For me personally i dont plan on playing past 100. Nor would i want to have to quit this legendary server prematurely. Im never buying mordor unless the core issues that I have with it are fixed, which isnt going to happen considering a lot of those core issues literally exist on the level 50 legendary server itself. Which is a shame because Legendary is my final server with this game. It's pretty rough thinking its going to be over sooner than I thought.

Being realistic here though, we’re they not transparent about what would be included in the LS’s. I was excited at first but after glancing through the fact that there were no real changes I decided it wasn’t worth my time.

Aside from Lootboxes, what’s your issue with Mordor?

Edit: I’m interested in moors still, the problem is no one else will come out to play, you’re all sitting in Bree on the legendary server bored when we could be fighting. Earning ranks first etc was mentioned a few times. I’d rather they just wipe all the current ranks and give you a character title equal to to your rank every year so people could start over. Bam, now the rank masochists can compete again.

Also I’m still a bit confused:
    -You have issues with 120 server, that are also on LS
    -120 server has moors, LS no moors
    -You are paying a sub to play LS when SSG keeps telling you LS’s are gonna suck.
    -You still refuse to play 120 server even for free

This doesn’t make sense.
    You might as well reroll a 120 server toon and lock it to 50 yourself. No fee, less hassle, moors, SSG support, more players.
    Last edited by dsltn07; Jan 23 2019 at 06:33 PM.

I'll do my best to answer what I can:

Q1- March-ish (approximately every 4 months as stated in the FAQ)
    1b- Yes, Moria will include Lothlorien (all content level cap 60)
    1c- Yes.

2b- There are no definitive plans to bring PVMP to the Legendary Servers at this time.

Q3+4- I'm not qualified to answer these questions.

That is very disappointing! That is probably the one area SSG could improve and expand there market in. Make use of the wasted development of skirms and big battles to provide instanced pvp.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being realistic here though, we’re they not transparent about what would be included in the LS’s. I was excited at first but after glancing through the fact that there were no real changes I decided it wasn’t worth my time.

Edit: I’m interested in moors still, the problem is no one else will come out to play, you’re all sitting in Bree on the legendary server bored when we could be fighting. Earning ranks first etc was mentioned a few times. I’d rather they just wipe all the current ranks and give you a character title equal to to your rank every year so people could start over. Bam, now the rank masochists can compete again.

-You are paying a sub to play LS when SSG keeps telling you LS’s are gonna suck.

This doesn’t make sense.
    You might as well reroll a 120 server toon and lock it to 50 yourself. No fee, less hassle, moors, SSG support, more players.
    I have no issue with Mordor, but I took a break for almost 2 years, and now I have to go back to a server where I dont know anyone anymore (because everyone left), and grind an absurd amount of things to catch up to 120 standards, and then do it again for the 3 characters that I like to play.

I'm not 16 anymore. I'm an adult, and I dont have that kind of time to do the grind the level cap requires these days.

The LS gives me, and a lot of people who think similarly, an opportunity to play without having to catch up with the insane grind. So why wouldn't they open Moors? It makes no sense whatsoever. As some already said, once you get to cap and gear, there is literally nothing to do if you have raid locks other than level an alt, and I think I'd kill myself if I had to do the Volume I epic again.
    And then, forever remains that change from G to E minor.

This doesn’t make sense.

Locking a 50 on a 120 server does not have a sense of on-level community like legendary server, thats the entire point of the server. People used to lock characters at 50 all the time on max-level servers, but it's boring there because everyone is focused on the current expansion and you'll be alone in your own little corner of that server. And it's funny how you said moors after suggesting locking at 50. I havent played in years but im pretty sure you cant even get into the moors while underleveled, but why would you even want to if you could.

But aside from a Plethora of issues I have with the design of the game at 120, the main reason I have no interest in buying mordor is that my guild of 75-100 is no longer playing and Im not buying an expansion to pick up my level 100, find a new team raid on it, get bored of broken raids and broken 120 pvp and have to wait till next expansion to spend another 40-60$ or whatever it costs, when i could just spend the same playing old expansions I know i enjoyed for the same price. Essentially im saying live servers are dead to me.

The four month schedule is disappointing. We need Moria in February, not March.

And does anyone REALLY want to spend 4 months in Mirkwood? That should be a 2 month expansion AT MOST.

Telling us no PvMP plans in the future is also just a terrible, terrible call. People are bored. We want things to do. We want reasons to log on. What do you want us to do? Level alts? I'm not much of an altoholic. I wanted to focus on a single character for my time on Legendary Server.

I want to still do that.

But you're not giving me a lot of reasons to want to keep playing until Moria at the very least.

Come on SSG. You have real opportunities with this server.

Embrace those opportunities.

Make Anor/Ithil something special.

Also, probably should consider consolidating the two servers soon with this news.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Now, I personally don't understand WHY there are crafting nodes in the Ettenmoors to begin with.... no one is going there to happily mine some ore, so the easy fix would be just to remove all crafting nodes from the Ettenmoors, and solve it that way.
    Quite the contrary - during SoA, the moors was actually an excellent source of crafting materials - especially exceptional hides from cave claws and ancient ore & misty silver from isendeep. Many players went to the moors specifically to gather resources - partly because they were a such a good source, but also because the prospect of being jumped by a warg or 12 made it more enjoyable.

I'll grant that - with the evisceration of crafting - this will no longer be attractive.

Now, on to the sensitive, possibly triggering part: Is PvP really needed on the Legendary Server? I have a feeling most people are coming to the legendary server to experience the glory days of old
    The "glory days if old" very much included PvMP for a lot of players. Many of whom started playing LOTRO with zero interest in PvP.

Furthermore, the PvE experience on the legendary server is also vastly inferior to the "glory days of old" in so many ways - trait trees, trivial landscape difficulty, essences. PvMP would similarly be inferior to the PvMP of old - but not any more so than the PvE that it appears a significant population has managed to enjoy.

In other words, the same argument that justifies not running PvMP due to it being a poor facsimile of level 50 PvMP equally justifies not running a similarly poor facsimile of level 1-50 PvE

Quote Originally Posted by NyblingN View Post
    The four month schedule is disappointing. We need Moria in February, not March.

And does anyone REALLY want to spend 4 months in Mirkwood? That should be a 2 month expansion AT MOST.

Telling us no PvMP plans in the future is also just a terrible, terrible call. People are bored. We want things to do. We want reasons to log on. What do you want us to do? Level alts? I'm not much of an altoholic. I wanted to focus on a single character for my time on Legendary Server.

I want to still do that.

But you're not giving me a lot of reasons to want to keep playing until Moria at the very least.

Come on SSG. You have real opportunities with this server.

Embrace those opportunities.

Make Anor/Ithil something special.

Also, probably should consider consolidating the two servers soon with this news.
    I would agree with this. I had hoped this would be there chance to see what was so great about this era and maybe make changes to recapture it.

However, they seem content with what it has become and not what it could be. This game had so many possibilities and could have drawn renewed interest with a revamp and the Amazon series coming out.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also came back to the game with about 8 other people who all figured that PvMP would be a thing. With this confirmation of no plans for it.....we are all gone too. Unbelievably disappointing like usual.

Got to say this was definitely not the best news I have seen. It isn't a deal breaker for me personally but I can't suggest these servers to my friends and family looking for a new MMO to play. People are going to hit cap, finish their raid for the lockout and be bored. This will eventually lead to players being driven away in droves where they will find another MMO to play. PVMP is the one thing that is new every time you jump into it in this game. Please reconsider your stance on PVMP on the LS and work on adding them in. You would save a lot of players if you just wrote "We hear your PVMP cries and we are committed to getting it implemented on the LS".
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.

Bohdb is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Lord of the Beagles
    Y'all need to think for a moment. Right now the Moors are set at 120 where you scale up so if they brought it to the LS we would most likely have to scale up which would cause a few issues with gear and such. If they were to try and reset the levels for the creeps and freeps for the Moors they will have to mess with some of the coding they have added to over the years. Do you REALLY want them to monkey with that kind oft thing? Honestly with the way some bugs creep into code as is I would think that playing around with PvMP would be one of the last things for them to do. It would most likely be easier to build a new engine then go out and try to rebalance the scales again.

Wait for a bit. Most likely PvMP will get to us when we catch up to the other servers or they can find a point they can safely move the scaling back down to without hurting the code.
    "I am condescending, that means I talk down to you." Well just for those who go out of their way to need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohdb View Post
    Y'all need to think for a moment. Right now the Moors are set at 120 where you scale up so if they brought it to the LS we would most likely have to scale up which would cause a few issues with gear and such. If they were to try and reset the levels for the creeps and freeps for the Moors they will have to mess with some of the coding they have added to over the years. Do you REALLY want them to monkey with that kind oft thing? Honestly with the way some bugs creep into code as is I would think that playing around with PvMP would be one of the last things for them to do. It would most likely be easier to build a new engine then go out and try to rebalance the scales again.

Wait for a bit. Most likely PvMP will get to us when we catch up to the other servers or they can find a point they can safely move the scaling back down to without hurting the code.
    Dude. "When we catch up to the other servers"... you mean in 3 years? Come on.

This is a good idea. Thank you for choosing to delay, or not release pvmp for legendary servers.

1. We know the balance would be far worse than live servers already are

2. it will keep Zerg lag bleed to PvE in Eriador to a minimum, thereby keeping "Reduced Awareness" from occuring that often.

3. PvMP players already have 10 other PvMP servers to play on. They can earn Rank 15 on any of those servers they desire.

P.S. Since no PvMP on legendary, have you considered turning the Moors on Legendary servers into a PvE quest zone? I bet a lot of non-PvMP'ers would enjoy the landscape and a story created about an "ancient" battle that took place on the fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargoat View Post
    3. PvMP players already have 10 other PvMP servers to play on. They can earn Rank 15 on any of those servers they desire.
    I keep seeing people posting this, but it's like they're not reading what everyone is saying about the draw of PvP on the Limited Servers.

1. No grind to 120 to be able to compete.

2. Using characters you've worked on already on the LS.

3. Complete fresh start in ranks for everyone.

4. Traiting is limited.

5. The lack of grind needed on Creep to reach audacity levels needed to compete.

You just can't get these things on the other servers. I've even got a high-rank warg on Evernight, but I left it for 5 years and now it would take a massive grind just to be viable again. There's absolutely no draw to do so.

I think, there will never be PVMP on the Legendary Servers because SSG would have to balance creeps, skills and sets for a time frame which only lasts 4 month. That's extremly uneconomic, especially there are not so many pvp lovers out there. It's sad for those who want it but maybe it's better, SSG is spending their time on the normal servers? SSG has limited ressources (like every company) and they have to spend developement time carefully. Maybe it's better they put their effort into new content and make changes to pvmp on the live servers instead of the Legendary Servers, because all that effort would be gone 4 month later.

It's not an issue with mordor in particular, it is an issue with lotro in general. Since codemasters has retreated the game end up more and more an extremely grind. This 0815 grind which is to be honest the most stupiest grind I've ever seen (even thou I've played BDO a little) makes it kind of impossible to return on live servers after a break of lot of years. That is the issue with Mordor/Lotro from my point of view. Lotro is(was) a nice and really special game. I liked everything but the game has no progress beside story and regions. Farming the same thing every next level cap is NOT new content. Farming MORE of the SAME things is NOT equal to new content. Killing 200 orcs in mordor is NOT more thrilling than killing 200 orcs in angmar. Nothing to get a big and joyful anticipation about. Leveling from lvl 50 to x in lotro is a bit like "Groundhog Day" once you reached next cap. I feel like that problem rises a lot since rohan with its epic mounted combat has been released :P Thus there is a viable amount of players which take pvmp as a welcome variety to the pve things which have to be done.

Well in a special kind, SSG itself set the game kinda drawing dead. Starting the game on live servers is hard, returning is probably harder and the best chance to get new players to the game (the legendary servers) are the only servers which are not f2p, not even for a 2 weeks testing or anything else

Not a big fan of financial things but this seems to be a little bit .... "unlucky" to me from an economical view.

And tbh even if some hardcore questers, deed lovers and casuals love to quest 1000 times through the same thing while not care about endgame, I was wondering why pvmp players should go to live servers, whereas casuals can quest and deed there as well? ;-)
    And considering that many returned players maybe will stay a little more, I think mostly most of them have an LTA, so no money for SSG. SSG should listen to the comm a little more and spend a little more time into the legendary servers. They could bring up to a successful thing.

And to all of you guys just saying "go away damn pvp players, raiders and leave us alone doing your thing", yes, we probably will. But don't be said if your feeling will go down as well during seeing lesser populated worlds and not finding a groupe for the 100th great stairs run anymore :-)

I really hope SSG rethink its plan for the legendary server, but tbh I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    specially there are not so many pvp lovers out there. It's sad for those who want it but maybe it's better, SSG is spending their time on the normal servers? SSG has limited ressources (like every company) and they have to spend developement time carefully. Maybe it's better they put their effort into new content and make changes to pvmp on the live servers instead of the Legendary Servers, because all that effort would be gone 4 month later.
    Well that seems to be a fast conclusion since about 80% of all players I know are highly related to pvp. Compared to the estimated server population this is quite a viable number. The other thing is, the live servers are free 2 play, the legendary servers are not. So in my opinion SSG have to be forced in some kind to spend a serious amount of time for the legendary servers as well. Otherwise they have to point out clearly that people who sub cannot expect that there will be any effort from SSG for the LS.
    Last edited by Delador; Jan 24 2019 at 04:12 AM.
    Nariala - Lore-master | Jahwen - Captain
    Kinship: Syndicate on Legendary Server Anor
    DotLE lvl 50 T3 Rift speed run: 1h10min

Lieutnant of Barad Guldur CM (fellowship) ~Feb 2011 as Jahwen, Champion on [DE] Maiar

This doesn’t make sense.
    I have been asking myself all these things since they announced they would re-sell the same stuff we already have to nostalgic but perhaps not extremely bright players.
    *** Nothing ***

Quote Originally Posted by Dovakhim View Post
    I have been asking myself...
    Well that won't help anything. Sensible answers come from sensible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovakhim View Post
    I have been asking myself all these things since they announced they would re-sell the same stuff we already have to nostalgic but perhaps not extremely bright players.
    Kind of an ignorant blanket statement to make.
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.

Common complaint

It seems to me that the most common complaint in this thread is somewhere along the lines of:

“I haven’t played in 2-3 years, when I returned I had half the game world to complete before I get to level cap and it’s too much grinding”

If this is the reason you’re playing the LS, you’re there for the wrong reasons. The new regions Gondor, Mordor, Ered Mithrin are all written quite well and there is a fun story to be had there. I’d recommend enjoying the time you spend through there on a primary character. By the time you finish all of this you won’t be so hopelessly behind. Grinding alts is another story, but I’ve seen multiple posters who say they won’t even consider playing the main game. I haven’t properly played since the release of throne in Gondor, I returned to Lotro in December and I’ve been having a great time. I’ve met a lot of new great people, some others not so great. You live and learn and leave the unpleasant people behind though.

In short, the LS are doomed. I don’t see any way SSG could reasonably scale the current PvMP mechanics DOWN from where they are currently without completely redesigning the moors every 3-4 months. They don’t have the dev time to fix the main classes, of course they can’t keep rebalancing the moors. Once they release it they’ll have to commit towards keeping it updated, releasing the moors would likely be the death knell for Lotro because they would never be able to keep up and all other dev progress would stop.

If you’re unhappy with the LS, stop playing them and give the new regions a shot on regular servers. The LI grind sucks, but the rest is great. The new raid is good fun too and challenging but doable with a PuG. Last night we completed T1 with a total PuG, no kinmates. This weekend we have a T2 PuG planned for anvil. Come back to the regular servers and stop the level 50 essence grind, we are having more fun than you emoting in Bree!

It seems to me that the most common complaint in this thread is somewhere along the lines of:

“I haven’t played in 2-3 years, when I returned I had half the game world to complete before I get to level cap and it’s too much grinding”
    Then you're clearly not understanding what's being said, because having regions to play through isn't the issue, it's entirely about the ridiculous grinds tacked on to it. Not sure what you have to gain by misrepresenting people's complaints like that.

Could you all humor me and tell me why you would like moors level 50 for legendary servers, opposed to playing at level cap on normal servers?
    I could understand if it was classic Shadows of Angmar etc, but as things are it’s essentially the same as regular servers.
    Audacity and the insane LI grind to name a few
    Last edited by NYJetPhan; Jan 24 2019 at 11:48 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast