We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

SOS cappy crisis on Ark looking to help with better LIs

So I've recently decided to revive my captain. Haven't played since the imbuement system came out. Would love to get some tips and tricks on all facets of three of the wonderful lines this class has and their respective LIs. Screengrabs or any tips/lists would be nice. Want to get these things rolling so I can get the empowerment grind going. Looking to do all three roles red(dps), tank, and heal. Any advice appreciated. Thanks again.

Can't give much Captain advice.
    There is a thread stickied here explaining about the nature of the imbue system.
    The huge issue is LI system as it is today is a ginormous grind. A few thoughts though.
    Legacies generally have 3 flavors:
    A. Percentage bonus to some skill. (I.e. +15% light damage)
    B. Main stat bonus (i.e. +200 agility)
    C. Flat bonus to an attribute on some action. (I.e. +5000 to block on persevere)

Only type A legacies are truly good as they scale with player. Type B are utterly worthless. Fully maxed stat legacy is like +240. People at cap are around 30k on their main stats.
    Type C are kinda sorta OK, but while at 100 the bonus was comparatively huge, today they are about half an essence worth.

Relic system was practically scrapped. All this combining, melding, refining... can still do it but it stops at Westemnet stuff. You just buy top relics at barterers in Mordor and Skarhald.

Maxing out all legacies on an LI takes around 300 scrolls of empiwerment per item, but that is not really that critical. A legacy maxxed to free unlock (something like 37) may give about 21% bonus while fully maxed at 79 gives 32%.

The real big one is the main (DPS) legacy that unlocks via starlits. Unless you raid T2C at cap, those are darn hard to get and you need like 27 per item. And here, disparity is colossal. I.e on Warden sword, main at free unlock (36) gives about 520dps, while full max at 63 pushes 1300dps. Many folks have been using MC to unlock these, which comes out at about 2kLP per LI.

There have been rumors of system overhaul being in the works, but so far all such overhauls have resulted in even worse player experience with the ever greater push towards the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaida View Post
    So I've recently decided to revive my captain. Haven't played since the imbuement system came out. Would love to get some tips and tricks on all facets of three of the wonderful lines this class has and their respective LIs. Screengrabs or any tips/lists would be nice. Want to get these things rolling so I can get the empowerment grind going. Looking to do all three roles red(dps), tank, and heal. Any advice appreciated. Thanks again.
    Best you have a look in the Captain Area in the Class Area.
    The Captain Community is very good, but read first, what is written, before asked the 10the time the same.