We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Yellow line Lore-master brethren, do you use (if traited) the advanced effects from fire/frost lore?

As the title states. I am talking about the +15% attack duration, the +10% misschance, the -50% ranged damage and the frost lore effects to.

Is there any use at all, if so, when?

So far, i myself aren't to focused on it, because you just follow a certain rotation and suddenly skipping abilities to not effect the current debuff is a bit strange for me.

The only real debuff is the -50% rngd damage, and that is for distanced archers that arent yet the focus of the party.

Thoughts, opinion, advice welcome.

I think the +10% miss chance can be helpful on tough trash pulls. The -50% ranged damage is nice on ranged bosses (Webs of Scuttledells) or BAs in the Moors. Don't see much use for the other debuffs. I suppose the +20% skill inductions could be good on defilers in the Moors too.

...(if traited)...

Well, they are in the way for spreading traits (Chill WInd, Wild Fire), so usually they are permanently traited.

Usually it is a nice bonus to have. Playing with fire debuffs are good, in the Out in the cold only one is good.

None of these additional debuffs are game-breakers, only the -50% range dmg. Therefore, unless there is situation which really asks for it, it doesn´t really matter, which ones are on the target.

There are two recent situation where specific ones are good:

Etterfang boss fight: The dmg from Boss is so insane that having range debuff on it is game changer. Using raven or lightning for -50% range dmg simplifies the fight extremely for the healer.

2 elder dragons before boss 3 in Anvil raid: if you pull them together, they can cast their skills in unison which is deadly for the raid. Bringing them out of synchronisation is thus very important, but SoP: Command is aoe. Therefore Playing with fire and Out in the cold helps in this situation: Keep one dragon with frost/lighning debuffs, the other with fire debuffs (+15% attack duration, +20% induction time) and you will achieve the wanted goal.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

Ranged mob + Raven + Wind Lore is still very good at producing Melee Mob with weaker defences and attacks.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Thanks all for the replies. Good to get some perspective on it.

Do these still bork the ability to refresh fire/frost lore before their time runs down?

I haven't played for most of the last 2.5 years. I remember this being an issue for things like the big troll (first boss) of the 105 raid. Had them traited, was watching fire lore time, clicked as soon as it hit zero, but someone died (tank or healer) in the split second of downtime and the party wiped... then I learned that untraiting those 2 allowed me to refresh duration with Lore still active.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
    -Faramir

I would say that the miss chance would be most useful on trash pulls, and the attack/induction duration would be most useful on bosses, but even then, its barely noteworthy. The only time I actually made sure to keep up the secondary debuffs was back in Throne, during the Vadokhar (sp?) fight. Id keep the induction debuff up on all the grims and the boss, that way we would have more time to interrupt them so we didn't fail challenge as easily (couldn't let inductions complete for challenge). I can't really think of any other situation where it was really beneficial to stay on top of those debuffs though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrDylan View Post
    Do these still bork the ability to refresh fire/frost lore before their time runs down?
    To my knowledge, yes, although I haven't tested it in about a year or so now. Haven't heard anything about this issue getting fixed though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrDylan View Post

I haven't played for most of the last 2.5 years. I remember this being an issue for things like the big troll (first boss) of the 105 raid. Had them traited, was watching fire lore time, clicked as soon as it hit zero, but someone died (tank or healer) in the split second of downtime and the party wiped... then I learned that untraiting those 2 allowed me to refresh duration with Lore still active.

Yes, you still can´t renew the fire-lore with fire-lore, only with wind-lore. Same for Frost-lore.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by fighterkill View Post
    As the title states. I am talking about the +15% attack duration, the +10% misschance, the -50% ranged damage and the frost lore effects to.

Is there any use at all, if so, when?

So far, i myself aren't to focused on it, because you just follow a certain rotation and suddenly skipping abilities to not effect the current debuff is a bit strange for me.

The only real debuff is the -50% rngd damage, and that is for distanced archers that arent yet the focus of the party.

Thoughts, opinion, advice welcome.
    you can make use of them but, regarding the frequent change of this effects with every fire/frost/lightning skill and Wind-Lore, one will end up in almost all fights with "Deep Freeze" and "Cool Off", in boss fights any way (with very few exceptions) to have the +3% inc damage on the boss.

See here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...08#post7904408