We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Sev how long will it take you to realise Wardens are forced to use lvl 105 gear for 2+ years?

Are there any Wardens on palantir,are Devs realy this clueless that they refuse to even comment for almost 2 years about this?I have made 10s of threads all spaced in reasonable amount of time,other people have pointed this out and still not a single word from Devs.All that is needed is change lasting impresion trait from +1 dot to +4 dots.Dots are already capped at 32 sec duration so one couldnt use old set bonuses for 44 sec duration and it would be useless either way if you have any understanding of class.If the end goal is to remove DPS warden from game just come out and say it.Or maybe end goal is to remove any class that doesnt have high number of players.So you dont have to waste resources on it.Again and again this thread will die out without dev response I am 100% sure but I will still make it.Its not enough we have to deal with 2-3 usefull legacies out of 14,or that crafted 1 handed weapons are already half way better than our maxed LIs(But devs dont want to devalue our work we put into LIs),its not enough we have one of most useless traits in our trees.But combined with all that we get 0 atention from devs about DoT pulses that has been pointed out to them moment it was started to get used that it will become problem.Why is it so difficult to at least give us response what you plan to do.Say it we will fix it in year or two so I know something at least.

Yeah agreed.

But tbh ? I gave up on good blue and red line changes on the warden.

Both line changes would not take much time - compared to Mini tweaks for example, but for reasons they won't do it .

The more I think about it the more I realize how much of a mess the warden class is. It may be more of a mess than any other class when you consider how many useless trait boxes we have in both blue, and especially, red trees. I don't have max points on my warden, I think I only have 88, but tbh I don't even feel like grinding out the last few points because there's nothing else worth getting that I can't already get. Then you combine that with our absurd about of useless legacies. I mean how many other classes are using base stats as legacies in their LI? Where as most wardens seem to use at least one, if not multiple, because we just don't have anything more useful to pick. Gambit lag is also still a thing that isn't terribly uncommon and that can really throw a wrench into things too.

+3 dot pulses should absolutely be the number one fix as it would at least let us get a full rotation off without requiring old sets, but really the class needs so much more work than just that all things considered. Personally I also still hate that 5% of our mitigation is still tied to our one and only real taunt, that's just such an awful design for a tank. Then you have the yellow tree which, for whatever reason, got a bulk of changes to it in our balance pass but still remains an ultimately useless tree that nobody would ever take over another ranged DPS. It was stated in the producer's letter that after burg, captain, and RK they will just be doing small adjustments here and there. In that case warden is never going to get all the fixes it needs because we just have too many useless or poorly designed things than could be fixed in small adjustments. It really needs a legacy overhaul and half of our trait boxes overhauled in red, with a handful in blue. It's not even worth dreaming about yellow becoming useful for the rest of the game.

Super frustrating that this class is as ignored as it is. It's one of the most unique and interesting classes in really any MMO, there's nothing else quite like it to my knowledge. Shame they would just let it fall to the state it is. I think I remembered them saying once that out of the dev team there are only a couple classes that none of them play, and I have to believe that warden is one of them. I just don't see how any of them could play a warden, understand it, and then never bring up so many of our issues.

The Warden class should be put into maint mode due to neglect. Unless a miracle balance pass happens I'm out until the LI revamp at which time I will be switching to a different main class. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Hildilas View Post
    Both line changes would not take much time - compared to Mini tweaks for example, but for reasons they won't do it .
    Because there's literally 1 warden each 10 minstrels in this game. So if they nerf minstrels, the rant will be 10x of what wardens would do. Same issue is in our ethernal fight against guardians that seem to think wardens should be 2nd line tanks and the main tank spot should be exclusively for guards. Same as champs/hunters/RKs saying warden dps shouldn't be as high as they are no matter the skill/gear of said warden. And always the excuse of X warden could solo X 3man which is really hard (obviously ignoring the 100 attempts it took and the half an hour encounter per boss) so they are too good, nerf. And honestly the worst enemy of warden is the playerbase that doesn't play warden and don't want other classes even getting close to what they can do.
    Same as minstrels thinking heal rk/beo should only be an alternative for t1 or easy instances while mini should be the best healing class for every single encounter by a difference fair enough than the best heal rk/Beo should actually be competing for the spot of the below-average minstrels but never the good ones.

Not anymore!!!!! If you don't have the Abyss set, you're gonna need to find a way to get it. Ithilien Infused/Tempered PMast essences just got dropped by about 2k, at least that's what a kinnie just said.
    CAANWICK - Wardenist - Make Wardens Great Again!!! / CAANJOB - The Ettenmoors' worst Burglar / CAANJAAL - Hunter
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"
    Forged in Flames-Crickhollow

I'm 99% sure this will be the fix: "Wardens have complained that they've had to use some 105 gear for a long time, we're looking at a fix to remove this set bonus entirely. Wardens will no longer have to use 105 gear now."

Yup.
    "Throne gear now has max level 106"
    "Abyss gear now has max level 116"
    Be sure to check out the awesome black steel key deal at the STORE!!! 2% off on a 50key bundle!

Quote Originally Posted by ramulus View Post
    I'm 99% sure this will be the fix: "Wardens have complained that they've had to use some 105 gear for a long time, we're looking at a fix to remove this set bonus entirely. Wardens will no longer have to use 105 gear now."
    Every class balance is a mistery. Sometimes reading patch notes is really a good read. You never know what they will surprise you with! Maybe your class will be worthless after this untested hotfix. Maybe it will be too OP! OMG I can't wait for the next season of "Lord of the glitches offline" "get geared now for 100$ before we nerf your class to the ground!"