We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: LOTRO on iMac

LOTRO on iMac

Hey Guys,

how is Lotro running at the moment? Are there still the crash problems within an hour? Is it possible to run the new raid with these crash problems?

Have someone an new iMac with 8gb GPU and can tell me how the performance is (how much fps)? Are you playing fullscreen highest resulotion 5k? or do you reduced the resulotion to fullhd?

At the moment i'm in that situation that i need to update my machine (10 years old windows machine). In general i want to get an Apple product instead of an fully windows machine or Hackingtosh. But i want to play LOTRO properly on macos and not via Bootcamp. I'm thinking about to get an iMac 27" 2019 with that 580 8gb GPU or to go with an mac mini with EGPU... but that decision make me crazy every day i change my mind

One question more... has someone an iMac and a second Monitor to play with dual screen? Because If i go with the mac mini i will choose a 21:9 Monitor which i much more prefer

thank you for your help. ;-)
    ::: GWAHIR ::: ::: Waechter der Klamm ::: Kraatos | Warden | 120 ::: Grimnirr | Champion | 120 ::: Tasatir | Hunter | 120 ::: Shamroc | Rune-Keeper | 120 ::: Niike | Minstrel | 120 ::: Balflear | Burglar | 115 :::

Unfortunately I cannot answer a single one of your questions, besides that LOTRO runs fine on my machine. Wow, do they really make 8GB Graphics cards these days? I use a mid-2012 macbook pro with 1024 MB of graphicness, and it runs raids fine, not the raid you are asking about, but 12 folks on the same screen, certainly. Never ran Windows, so I cannot comment on that (well maybe Windows 3.1 briefly at school but that was decades ago).

First, let me say I'm not very technical but maybe I can share some info that will help you in your decision making.

I play LOTRO with no problems on an iMac from late 2015. I'm a casual player, and have no lagging, no rubber banding, no disconnects. Haven't done any raiding or PVP lately, but in landscape play, no problems.

Here are some of the specs of my machine:

Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 8 MB
    Memory: 16 GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

I run dual monitors, both are 21 inches. Again, no problems.

Before I bought this iMac in 2015, I started playing LOTRO on a 2013 macMini that was not configured for gaming! Had issues such as lagging and disconnects. Once I got the iMac, playing became very smooth. A better configured mini probably would be just fine, compared to my old one.

Good luck with your decision, and enjoy your new computer!

Just for your information, SSG has made a new client from scratch that is based on WinE (sorry, Cordovan, but the E at the end of this acronym has to be big). See here:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ilable-and-FAQ

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has