We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    What is Shelob's Lair?

"Drawing a deep breath they passed inside. In a few steps they were in utter and impenetrable dark. Not since the lightless passages of Moria had Frodo or Sam known such darkness, and if possible here it was deeper and denser. There, there were airs moving, and echoes, and a sense of space. Here the air was still, stagnant, heavy, and sound fell dead. They walked as it were in a black vapour wrought of veritable darkness itself that, as it was breathed, brought blindness not only to the eyes but to the mind, so that even the memory of colours and of forms and of any light faded out of thought. Night always had been, and always would be, and night was all."

...when in doubt...twirl...
    Crickhollow: Wisa/Weesa, Elvisa/Elvysa and many other Elv's, Reaboj, Sunberry, Altheah, Ooma's and some others. Landroval: Sunnberry, Raynbel, Starberry, Burraberry, Sugarree, Magnolia, and a bunch of others too. Anor: Elviska, Wisa, Elvisa, and more. Laurelin: Sunberry, Wisaberry, Elvisa Gwaihir: Sunberry. Belegaer: Sunberry.
    Sirannon: Sunberry. Treebeard: Wisa,Moonberry, Sunberry, Wisaberry, Elvisa and more. Brandywine: Raynberry

Erionor is offline Captain of Gondor, showed quality
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaboj View Post
    What is Shelob's Lair?

"Drawing a deep breath they passed inside. In a few steps they were in utter and impenetrable dark. Not since the lightless passages of Moria had Frodo or Sam known such darkness, and if possible here it was deeper and denser. There, there were airs moving, and echoes, and a sense of space. Here the air was still, stagnant, heavy, and sound fell dead. They walked as it were in a black vapour wrought of veritable darkness itself that, as it was breathed, brought blindness not only to the eyes but to the mind, so that even the memory of colours and of forms and of any light faded out of thought. Night always had been, and always would be, and night was all."
    You got it! Probably the darkest place in Middle Earth.

Fire away...

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Sorry for the delay- here we go-

Even alliance with immortals could not save him from the greed of the "stunted people".

Crickhollow: Wisa/Weesa, Elvisa/Elvysa and many other Elv's, Reaboj, Sunberry, Altheah, Ooma's and some others. Landroval: Sunnberry, Raynbel, Starberry, Burraberry, Sugarree, Magnolia, and a bunch of others too. Anor: Elviska, Wisa, Elvisa, and more. Laurelin: Sunberry, Wisaberry, Elvisa Gwaihir: Sunberry. Belegaer: Sunberry.
    Sirannon: Sunberry. Treebeard: Wisa,Moonberry, Sunberry, Wisaberry, Elvisa and more. Brandywine: Raynberry

Who was Durin the Sixth ?

Quote Originally Posted by kittykatt View Post
    Who was Durin the Sixth ?
    Not Durin- a stronger "alliance"

Who was Thorin Oakenshield?

Who was Thorin Oakenshield?

Perhaps I should add that the correct question is not a dwarf.

Another clue? The unfortunate incident occurred in the First Age.

I seem to have lost everyone here. Should I give the answer and let someone grab the riddle stick?

I seem to have lost everyone here. Should I give the answer and let someone grab the riddle stick?
    Thou shalt endeavor to persevere.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

Who is Thingol? The dwarves killed him and took the Silmaril that they were meant to be making jewellery out of.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Who is Thingol? The dwarves killed him and took the Silmaril that they were meant to be making jewellery out of.
    YAY!!! I guess I just had to wait long enough

"'How do ye of uncouth race dare to demand aught of me, Elu Thingol, Lord of Beleriand, whose life began by the waters of Cuiviénen years uncounted ere the fathers of the stunted people awoke?' And standing tall and proud among them he bade them with shameful words be gone unrequited out of Doriath.
    Then the lust of the Dwarves was kindled to rage by the words of the King; and they rose up about him, and laid hands on him, and slew him as he stood. So died in the deep places of Menegroth Elwë Singollo, King of Doriath, who alone of all the Children of Ilúvatar was joined with one of the Ainur; and he who, alone of the Forsaken Elves, had seen the light of the Trees of Valinor, with his last sight gazed upon the Silmaril."
    J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Silmarillion"

You're up!

YAY!!! I guess I just had to wait long enough

You're up!
    Not a stealthy thief

Not a stealthy thief

Who is Frodo? (The hobbit mushroom burglar)

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Who is Frodo? (The hobbit mushroom burglar)
    Nope, not Frodo.

Who is Bilbo?

Who is Bilbo?
    Not Bilbo

The person in question is definitely not a burglar (or a hobbit).

OK, another clue:

The non-hobbit person in question makes a point of not being a thief, hence the original clue:

Not a stealthy thief

Who is Boromir?

"`Why are you so unfriendly? ' said Boromir. `I am a true man, neither thief nor tracker. I need your Ring: that you know now; but I give you my word that I do not desire to keep it."

Who is Boromir?

"`Why are you so unfriendly? ' said Boromir. `I am a true man, neither thief nor tracker. I need your Ring: that you know now; but I give you my word that I do not desire to keep it."
    Haha you got the right man, but this is the quote I was thinking of:

“Boromir had a long sword, in fashion like Andúril but of less lineage, and he bore also a shield and his war-horn.
    ‘Loud and clear it sounds in the valleys of the hills,’ he said, ‘and then let all the foes of Gondor flee!’ Putting it to his lips he blew a blast, and the echoes leapt from rock to rock, and all that heard that voice in Rivendell sprang to their feet.
    ‘Slow should you be to wind that horn again, Boromir,’ said Elrond, ‘until you stand once more on the borders of your land, and dire need is on you.’
    ‘Maybe,’ said Boromir. ‘But always I have let my horn cry at setting forth, and though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night.”

He really didn’t want to be known as a thief

I have to say I don't feel like there's enough love around for Boromir. He is possibly my favourite character in the book because he is the pinnacle of what it means to be a man in Middle Earth: an inspirational leader, a devoted brother, a consummate warrior, ready to square up to a Balrog even; but just not quite as "perfect" as Aragorn, which gets to him. I am always sad when I read or watch the scene where he dies; it is a shame he never made it back to Gondor to fight in defence of his city. He should have been the inspiration for the captain class on the character selection screen - he’s blatantly playing in yellow line during his Last Stand at Amon Hen. He might have tried to take the ring, but IMO he redeemed himself in the end.

My captain main is built on Boromir, and is even illegitimately related. I carry this shield (I know, shame it's Rohirrim) because it feels like a "Boromir" shield:

Anyway, I digress... You have the floor!
    Last edited by TheArtilleryman; May 29 2019 at 07:29 AM.

Haha you got the right man....

Anyway, I digress... You have the floor!
    Going to cede the floor to whomever you choose as the vacation thing may leave folks hanging for a new "answer". Have at it folks!~~~waves~~~

Going to cede the floor to whomever you choose as the vacation thing may leave folks hanging for a new "answer". Have at it folks!~~~waves~~~
    Enjoy your vacation!

Kittykat, yours was the previous guess - wanna drop a conundrum?

I'll certainly give it a try!

hopefully this one is not TOO easy..or too hard...lol

A famous Mother-in-law.

A famous Mother-in-law.

Who is Melian?

Wife of King Thingol in Doriath, mother to Luthien and thus mother-in-law to Beren.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

Good guess, but I sense it's time for a clue. Grandmother to Elladan.

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast