We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I welcome the change to existing deed rewards to 2000 VXP. The stream on Friday suggested SSG were happy with the 1000.

It does take away the huge gap in earning the BR#2 build took away. It does not cover the increases in cost to rank above rank 10, we can hope people will think the new alternatives are enough.

Just these increases as ranks rise makes it still worth completing virtue deeds before the patch goes live though, unless the way our completed deeds reflect the new system now. Still patching!

Slogging through old deeds has the side effect of making a load of LP.

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    As I have said a few times, they should make it cash only and *sell* it cash only for a *realistic* price without the LP detour. (I won't buy LP as long as we have the current push towards keys, solvents or similar). The good thing of the current sales is that it matches quite well with an LP pack. Still we can get whole games for $20 that have comparable quality, some even LOTR themed, that give a lot more unrepeated game experience, so for just a single questpack with one instance (quality still to be seen) this is IMO overpriced.
    Except those games aren't MMO's. Sure you could pay $20 for Lego Lotr or Lego Hobbit and enjoy a good recreation of Middle Earth. But its not Lotro. Also MMO's tend to have higher development costs.

But I get what you're saying. You want to see the content before you make the purchase and if its a good quality you'll buy it. But that's not how our societies economy works. For the most part you need to pay for something before you get it and the same thing applies to video games. I have made many poor purchasing decisions when it comes to games and I will probably make some more eventually. Just like everyone else here has probably done the same. But we keep on buying and playing because its what we love to do.

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    Besides that, the new update brings the VXP grind that is *exactly* the same for VIPs. The store is pushed no matter if people pay or not. Again VIPs pay and their stipend is eaten up in seconds, so they "should" pay again. IMO the only reason for this can be that most remaining VIPs are LTA.
    But you don't have to buy anything in the store. I've been ViP since I returned to the game in 2016. I've purchased a handful of solvents to catch up for Throne and 2 black steel keys back when Mordor first launched using ViP LP. Since then I haven't purchased anything p2w. No solvents, no LI items, no keys, nothing. And I haven't had any issue gearing up at a respectful pace. And the same thing will happen for VXP. I'll finish any deeds I still have and get the rest from other sources. And I wont have to touch the store.

Contrary to popular belief, it is entirely possible to gear up in this game at a good pace without buying any short cuts from the store. All you have to do is, if you can believe it, play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    I sure they don't spend last 8 months working on U24, since they always avoid questions about new content. More likely they working on stupid Anvil fixes completly ignoring feedback from players, and start working on u24 4 or 5 months ago. For 12 years, we all know what quest pack with 1 location = 795 LP, and now they suddenly double that price without propper announcing. What next, quest pack with 2 locations costing more when expansion packs? And we again pay for something what we can't see. May be we get instance & repeatable quests in late summer, or may be in september or october.

We seen new pets in collection what we can get from Radagast in Rhosgobel for months. This quests included in june U24 build, or we need wait for them to last summer?
    Except we know they have been working on U24 for at least 8 months. There are threads/reddit posts dating back to December (almost 7 months ago) about Landscape changes to the Vales/Beorning Lodge areas. Its safe to assume that work started even before that. Id be willing to bet most of the Lotro team is on Minas Morgul now. That how MMO design works, with Dev teams normally being 4-8 months ahead of the live servers. Its why changes are generally difficult to implement right away.

It is also common for MMO's, and games in general to add things to the game before they become available. If you use the item scanner, you'll notice SSG adds a lot of things to the game before release. And data mining is a popular hobby for many.

And SSG is a business, they are allowed to raise and lower prices however they see fit. You'll notice that the quest packs didn't increase in price until after SSG broke off from Turbine/WB. So its quite obvious that they no longer have the financial backing of a large corporation and must rely on themselves for a majority of the funding.

Lastly as I said to thinx, I get that you want to see the content before you buy it, but that's not how our economy works. Generally you have to pay for something before you get access to it and that includes games. But lucky for you Lotro is F2P so you can see what other people think before paying $20 or not.

The new relics for he Lis are called all "runes".
    Are this only wrong names or are they truely all "runes", no "gems" and "settings"?

Loading screen stock than come Server connexion issue

Hello SSG,
    The longest Problem with U24 i´ve seen since Beta 2 is that the 64 bit Client so how 32bit the Problem is to login with Characters in Ered Mithrin or Beorn .
    My test is with new Character that create and make it 120 so no Problem ,but with the copied Character 120 Character you can´t get login . The new created 120 can´t too port in ered mithrin so you have an client error.
    Since Preview 3 ,THe Problem is against . So but a new thing is that the client have no response .
    I think it is not ready to release it next week SSG.
    I played that game since 2014 and can say if you bring it so live ,you lost much players .
    So i think i can´t the only person with this Problems .

Greetings
    Skymanic
    Atumea | Runekeeper [Gwaihir-EU-DE]
    HDRO-Community Seite
    LOTRO-Community Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    The new relics for he Lis are called all "runes".
    Are this only wrong names or are they truely all "runes", no "gems" and "settings"?
    No Mukor New relicts that can craft are new crafting relicts , and the others from avil just like runes
    Atumea | Runekeeper [Gwaihir-EU-DE]
    HDRO-Community Seite
    LOTRO-Community Discord

I find it peculiar that end-game repeatables are now considered 'extra' content pushing the price up.

Skipping this QP, which is a first for me. It should go on sale in a year or so.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanitar View Post
    No Mukor New relicts that can craft are new crafting relicts , and the others from avil just like runes
    There's new Gems and Settings at the Wilderfolk Rep Vendor. Incorrectly named currently but they're very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanitar View Post
    there is a full set similar to the Mordor set for rep. But all called "runes". not "gem" or "setting".
    On an Li we put:
    setting
    gem
    rune
    crafted relic

By the name from the new update we get "crafted relics" and "runes".
    There where "runes of striking" (dps +crit) which is named correclty.
    But we also get "runes"(by name) which should be "gems" or "settings". vita + critdef (should be a gem not a rune) or finesse +evade(should be a setting not a rune)
    At this point my question is are this "runes" which should be gems or setting wrong named or are all truely runes.

Quote Originally Posted by canyouaddcolour View Post
    There's new Gems and Settings at the Wilderfolk Rep Vendor. Incorrectly named currently but they're very nice.
    Ah cool. Tested or just assumed (as I do cxause of the similaries to the Mordor set)

Thumbs up

Just a quick report after a quick try.

So far good news with performance, as well as a plug-in now working that previously did not.

______________________________ _________________________

Performance

Logged in and rode from Jarnfast using swift ride Dale, then swift to Tham Taerdol. From there manually by War-Steed to the wooden gates of Eryn Lasgalen bordering to Vales of The Anduin and onwards towards Beorns lodge.

The part that I rode was acctually very smooth. Mind You I was alone, no other players assets/skins (outfits, dyes etc) to load, as I met no one. Had some minor jumps/warps forward but not enough to lose control, but could easily keep on track/stay on the path. No freezes and no rubberbanding back and forth, only some small warps forward. Then again I donät think I have freezes on live in this area either. I need to test other areas as well that are more taxing.

Plug-in TitanBar

Seemed to be working fine. Not toyed around with all it's features but seemed to load and work as it should, as compared to beta 2 where it did not. *applaus* to dev team/engineers and a happy face (yes a true applause and happy face, no sarcasm) !!!

Conversion of Virtues

One character had intentionally been put at halt at fixed values from 16-24 (lacking rank 23 unfortionetly) on live so my son and I could test this as we transfered it.

Innocence
    Old: 16 New: 40

Tolerance
    Old: 17 New: 43

Idealism
    Old: 18 New: 45

Patience
    Old: 19 New: 48

Fidelity
    Old: 20 New: 51

Justice:
    Old: 21 New: 51 (and almost halfway towards 52 with 1095 more vxp needed out of 1800 for 52)

Honour
    Old: 22 New: 52 (and barely started towards 53 with 1777 more vxp needed out of 1800 for 53)

Gap for values on rank 23, as we didn't have that on this character.

Wisdom
    Old: 24 New: 53 (and barely started towards 54 with 1775 more vxp needed out of 1800 for 52)

The conversion rates varies from x2,208333333333333 as lowest to x2,55 as highest. Plus that VXP added towardas next rank at 51, 52 and 53, so not sure if it is a fixed value for conversion rate, or some diminishing returns or something involved ??? Too much of in a hurry to do the math or figure that out atm. I'm sure someone else can and/or will.

As for VXP You need for each rank seems to be
    At 0+ = 1000 VXP/rank

At 40+ = 1600 VXP/rank
    At 43+ = 1700 VXP/rank (we had rank 45 and it was still 1700 vxp needed, we did not have any rank 41, 42, 44, 46 or 47 after conversion, so not sure if 1700 started at rank 41)
    At 48+ = 1800 VXP/rank (yes for some reason it seemed already at 48, not starting at 50+, it requires 1800 vxp, maybe it starts at 46, but we didn't have that rank only 45, then jump to 48, so that is all we could see)

Since the highest rank we had was 53 after conversion we could not see any higher than 1800 VXP/rank needed. Also note that we had 0 in wit, but then a big jump to next rank we had at 40 after conversion. We had no ranks in-between 1-39.

That was all we could see, as that was the values we had. Might have more info later when we have other characters with other virtue ranks that we can look at.

More testing to come later. Of course I'm going to test riding a War-Steed around Minas Tirith area, as well as in the open landscape in The Wastes as that is where we usually get most freezes, rubberbandings and warps forward. This was just a quick log-in. Now I need to do some other stuff, but will report what I find later today or tomorrow.

I apologize for any typos and if any values are wrong, as I'm writing this on my way away from PC, so a bit stressed.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; May 30 2019 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canyouaddcolour View Post
    The new Virtue system is a lot closer to something I like than before. I still worry about alts and returning players, though.
    I acknowledge this is me being nitpicky, but if it were me designing the system from scratch (but given the thought we've put into it over these discussions), I would have set deeds in Ered Luin, The Shire, and Bree-land to 1000 VXP, and virtues ranks 1-10 to 1000 VXP, deeds in Lone Lands, North Downs, Evendim, and Trollshaws, along with ranks 11-20 at 1100 VXP, and so on, keeping a linear progression every 10 ranks/20 xp levels, letting the chips fall where they may in terms of what doing all the deeds would give you towards completion in the new system, then give proportional, weighted by frequency and time investment, VXP for every repeatable in the game, so like a weekly Shire quest might give 100 vxp, while a daily gives 10 vxp, and a task might give 1 vxp, maybe with 3-man content giving 10% more, 6-man giving 20% more, raids giving 30% more (or something like that).

Among other things, the new change now means that odd virtue ranks before 11 may as well not exist, as you'd have to go straight to festivals to not blow past them with deed vxp.

It just seems to me that converting ranks given to 1000 vxp give so much flexibility to sizes of awards that we don't seem to be using the change to it's full potential.

That being said, the devs' willingness to give 2000 vxp on all the relevant deeds does convince me that this is more about making an interesting system than beating us over the head with a club and dragging us to the store, as per our previous calculations, this probably gets you to 10 or 11 maxed virtues before you have to grind repeatables, which is enough for two completely unrelated sets if your trait builds require that (and I expect there will be some overlap in desirable virtues between trait builds).

We didn't calculate the gap between vxp available from deeds and that required to cap, by level, which is going to be relevant for the Legendary Servers, but given the way the previous disparity blows up near level cap, I suspect they're now good. I'm sure somebody will test it in short order when the system hits live.

Two dragons in one place

[IMG][/IMG]

Lightbulb

Another thing though, after a bit more testing and looking at numbers.

The announcent that in most cases the stat values will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    The stats are in the vast majority of cases going to be better than they were previously.
    I can say that they are NOT.

It is possible that they are higher at rank 60 than on old rank 20, but as I don't have any rank that high on BR I can not say. HOWEVER when simply converted over, basically all stats have been lowered significantly (if not previously overcapped). Not only that some virtues have changed and now have other stat combinations, I mean even when the virtue have more or less the same stats in the same order they are lowered, so we will definetly have to raise our virtues to 60 to come close to old values and possibly then get a tiny bit higher than old 20, but at the ranks we got after conversions basically all stats were lower if we were not overcapped, as then in old system those virtues would not benefit from the overcapped ranks, so hard to compare. At least on the character my son and I have transferred over so far. So for example rank 16 or or say 18 in old system that converts to rank 40 and 45 in new system will give You lower stats from most virtues compared to before.

Also resistance rating seem to be lacking alot. Some old virtues that used to have it doesn't have it anymore or have lowered values. Those virtues that have it instead now also have fairly low values in resistance, so building a max resistance virtue build as tank will not yield as much resistance anymore from virtues it seems from the values at the ranks I can see. I meana lot lowered. Like before Charity had +6072 resistance at rank 19, now converted to rank 48 it only have +2621 resistance. Maybe it will more than double on the last 12 ranks, but simply converted over it has been more than halved. Confidence had +3992 resistance at rank 16, now converted to rank 40 it has 0, yes ZERO resistance. Replacing it with for example Discipline will give some resistance, but discipline converted to rank 45 only have +2297 resistance. Tolerance now have some resistance too, but not much, at converted to rank 43, it only have +1743 resistance. Honour used to have +6983 resistance at rank 20, now converted over it has 0, yes again ZERO resistance. Innocence used to have +1994 resistance at rank 16, now converted to rank 40 it has +878 resistance rating. Well You get the picture.

However it seems masteries and crit is the new flavour as from a first glance it seems they have replaced old values on some virtues and be more existant than before. Just from a first glance mind You.

Mind You that this is with alot of numbers and things I'm looking at back and forth, just alt+tab out to forums, so still alot more to test, but from what I see so far it seems this is a NERF on all virtue stats converted straight over from around 16-19 ranks on live to their new ranks of 40-48 under the new system. So even if You had nice stats before from virtues, they will now be mostly lowered, not "better" as announced, but in fact worse. Unless possibly if You were alot overcapped and end up close to 60. I can't see those values, so not sure what 60 cap will give. As for resistance, I don't think we can get close to same resistance from virtues combined unless resistance stats in the new virtue system increase radically in stats at the last few ranks nearing 60. Which I have no way of seeing.

In conclusion we "need" to rank to the new cap of 60, it seems. Having lower non capped or non overcapped ranks converted over gives lower stats in general under new system.

Back to more testing. Acctually first some dinner I think.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; May 30 2019 at 01:13 PM.

LM has way more bugs than just that, please fix the rest of the known bugs. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...eed-more-buffs
    champion,RK,warg,defiler,rvr.
    RIP lotro pvp.

Question

Cordovan are the virtue passives still placeholders?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Conversion of Virtues

One character had intentionally been put at halt at fixed values from 16-24 (lacking rank 23 unfortionetly) on live so my son and I could test this as we transfered it.

Innocence
    Old: 16 New: 40

Tolerance
    Old: 17 New: 43

Idealism
    Old: 18 New: 45

Patience
    Old: 19 New: 48

Fidelity
    Old: 20 New: 51

Justice:
    Old: 21 New: 51 (and almost halfway towards 52 with 1095 more vxp needed out of 1800 for 52)

Honour
    Old: 22 New: 52 (and barely started towards 53 with 1777 more vxp needed out of 1800 for 53)

Gap for values on rank 23, as we didn't have that on this character.

Wisdom
    Old: 24 New: 53 (and barely started towards 54 with 1775 more vxp needed out of 1800 for 52)

The conversion rates varies from x2,208333333333333 as lowest to x2,55 as highest. Plus that VXP added towardas next rank at 51, 52 and 53, so not sure if it is a fixed value for conversion rate, or some diminishing returns or something involved ??? Too much of in a hurry to do the math or figure that out atm. I'm sure someone else can and/or will.

As for VXP You need for each rank seems to be
    At 0+ = 1000 VXP/rank

At 40+ = 1600 VXP/rank
    At 43+ = 1700 VXP/rank (we had rank 45 and it was still 1700 vxp needed, we did not have any rank 41, 42, 44, 46 or 47 after conversion, so not sure if 1700 started at rank 41)
    At 48+ = 1800 VXP/rank (yes for some reason it seemed already at 48, not starting at 50+, it requires 1800 vxp, maybe it starts at 46, but we didn't have that rank only 45, then jump to 48, so that is all we could see)

Since the highest rank we had was 53 after conversion we could not see any higher than 1800 VXP/rank needed. Also note that we had 0 in wit, but then a big jump to next rank we had at 40 after conversion. We had no ranks in-between 1-39.

That was all we could see, as that was the values we had. Might have more info later when we have other characters with other virtue ranks that we can look at.

More testing to come later. Of course I'm going to test riding a War-Steed around Minas Tirith area, as well as in the open landscape in The Wastes as that is where we usually get most freezes, rubberbandings and warps forward. This was just a quick log-in. Now I need to do some other stuff, but will report what I find later today or tomorrow.

I apologize for any typos and if any values are wrong, as I'm writing this on my way away from PC, so a bit stressed.
    Old Rank 20 gives exactly new rank 51 and is the pivot point.

Ranks up to 20 convert aprox. like New = Floor(Old*2.55)
    Ranks above 20 convert aprox. to New = Floor(51+(Old-20)*0.55)

From this you can conclude that it's good to have old virtues on rank 20 with 2.55 new ranks per old rank, but above 20 this diminishes to only 0.55 new ranks per old rank. Above 20 is a bad thing, because with 2000xp per deed you get at least 1 rank in the new system. 1 > 0.55

Some vxp stuff:

Rank 51 needs 69000 vxp in the new system, but 20 old ranks = 20*2000 = 40000. You get and advantage of 29000.
    Rank 60 needs 86000 vxp. (86000-69000)/2000 = 8.5 deeds to go from rank 20 (old) to rank 60 (new)

Max virtue rank from level:

Until player level 110: max_rank = Floor(player_level*0.5) (so every 2 player levels you unlock 1 virtue rank)
    From 111: max_rank = player_level-55 (so max rank 60 is reached at level 115)

Passives:

Mastery: 0.2 essences of virtue item level. (virtue active stats are 2.0, 1.0 and 0.6)
    Morale: propriety tbd

Slots:

# open slots, at level
    1: 7
    2: 9
    3: 11
    4: 17
    5: 23
    Last edited by Giseldah; May 30 2019 at 04:23 PM.

Tybur is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Quote Originally Posted by JoRDee View Post
    Why were the dummy levels changed in the Eyes and Guard? There is not even a level 120 now LULW
    We were doing some investigation into the possibility of making dummies that scale to player level.
    I'm afraid the tavern dummies in this build were a sad casualty of development in progress.

Tybur is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighanson1 View Post
    Cordovan are the virtue passives still placeholders?
    The virtue passives in this build are meant to be in a final state (but of course this is still beta, so things could of course change.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    The virtue passives in this build are meant to be in a final state (but of course this is still beta, so things could of course change.)
    So they weren't Placeholders in the first place? Nothing has changed regarding the Passive Bonusses since Preview #2. Why were they called Placeholders then?

Ranking Wit to max with old deeds

Wit Virtue ranking up to 60 Test.

This is the Heavily redacted Chat Log I took of the process; but for earning, ranking and LP

It was interrupted by one freeze which needed a relog and a BSOD that was the graphics driver.
    Code:
    You have acquired the Trait: Wit.
    You have gained 2,000 experience points for the Wit Virtue Trait.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 2.
    You've earned 10 LOTRO Points.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 4.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 5.
    You've earned 5 LOTRO Points.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 7.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 9.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 11.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 13.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 15.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 17.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 18.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 20.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 21.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 23.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 24.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 26.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 27.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 29.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 30.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 32.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 33.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 34.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 36.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 37.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 38.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 39.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 41.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 42.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 43.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 44.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 45.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 47.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 48.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 49.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 50.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 51.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 52.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 53.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 54.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 55.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 56.
    You've earned 25 LOTRO Points.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 57.
    You looted 6 silver pieces and 77 copper coins.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 59.
    Your Wit Virtue Trait has changed to level 60.
    That's 43 deeds (if I'm counting right) that earned VPX, 2000 VXP each. Wit 0 to 60. So 86,000 VXP in total required.
    The UI still doesn't present a way to get exact details of how much is the current cost to rank up. But in doubling the earned VXP they have tweaked the costs up a bit too.

Rank 31 Honour on Live got me a rank of 57 and no progress to the next rank on BR. It would take an additional 3 more completions @ 2000 VXP to max out to rank 60.

The conclusion to draw is that rank 20/34 would achieve a maximum rank when U24 goes live. The max bonus for prior virtue deed completions being nine per virtue in this build. 180 in total.

PS Annoying that I had to switch to each build several times to get all the slotted virtues to get saved (mentioned elsewhere). Additionally got a error when attempting to switch trait lines whilst on a War-stead that lead to current cap-stone traits being thrown away, showing all 91 points spent yet only 89 being assigned, not a U24 specific issue though.

Summary: It's still worth completing old virtue deeds for the virtues you will slot. Leave off completing those you don't need if you want to rank Wit quickly. Wit has lost it's appeal for me now though. More for a Cappy maybe, don't play one myself.
    Last edited by Ballie; May 30 2019 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moln View Post
    I acknowledge this is me being nitpicky, but if it were me designing the system from scratch (but given the thought we've put into it over these discussions), I would have set deeds in Ered Luin, The Shire, and Bree-land to 1000 VXP, and virtues ranks 1-10 to 1000 VXP, deeds in Lone Lands, North Downs, Evendim, and Trollshaws, along with ranks 11-20 at 1100 VXP, and so on, keeping a linear progression every 10 ranks/20 xp levels, letting the chips fall where they may in terms of what doing all the deeds would give you towards completion in the new system, then give proportional, weighted by frequency and time investment, VXP for every repeatable in the game, so like a weekly Shire quest might give 100 vxp, while a daily gives 10 vxp, and a task might give 1 vxp, maybe with 3-man content giving 10% more, 6-man giving 20% more, raids giving 30% more (or something like that).
    You ever look at something you wrote a few hours later and wonder what you were thinking? Some of those numbers are obviously too small to work with (Player Moln would yell at Dev Moln for adding *1* vxp to tasks). So I might do something like if a (still my hypothetical shire quests) quest could only be done once a week, I'd give less than a deed's worth of VXP, 250 or 500 depending how involved it is (like is it less or more than an hour). If It takes all week, like these festival wrappers to do daily festival wrappers, my goal would be that 1000 VXP for the whole thing, but I'd split it up 300 for the big wrapper, 100 for each of the daily wrappers (or, I guess, 400 and 100 since the one I looked up was actually six days). Then a significant daily quest would get 100 VXP like the daily wrappers. That would let me set deeds at 10 VXP a piece which lets them get more at higher levels, gets the equivalent of a daily if you've done your task deeds and more if you increased your tasks per day by additional means.

What is usefulness of Gift of Virtue Items now ?

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cat...f_Virtue_Items

Quote Originally Posted by lotroede View Post
    What is usefulness of Gift of Virtue Items now ?

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cat...f_Virtue_Items
    They will get changed to a vxpitem useanle on the virtue you've selected.

Lightbulb

It seems the Featured Instance LvL Cap T2 Challenge only rewards 150 Virtue XP although a rank of a Virtue in the new system costs at lowest 1000 VXP up to 1800 VXP per rank. Doing this once every day for a week will give You 1050 Virtue XP. Not even 1 rank worth of a virtue, unless You have like rank 0-10, which anyone at LvL 120 most likely will not have that low ranks, but more like rank 40+ probably even rank 51+. So basically around 2/3 of a virtue rank worth for a LvL 120 character in the new system for doing FI T2 Challenge 7 days in a row.

Is this low reward value as intended ???

If so, then that is what those that done all deeds will be left to, as well as all of us in the future when we run out of deeds. If the Festival wrappers follow this pattern and rewards maybe 250-500 VXP for like 3-5 days work, then welcome to the new LI grind. Remember this is not an account shared reward like Embers, but only rewarded to the character doing it.

It also makes me wonder what happens to VXP from doing deeds or dailies when we are at cap (overcapped) on all Virtues in the new system ??? Will they vanish into the void, or carry over if the virtue cap is raised in the future ???

I also wonder what happens if say doing a deed as You quest but You are at that levels virtue cap already in all virtues (as there are now virtue caps for lvl's as well) ??? Will that VXP just vanish or carry over once Your LvL is raised so that the virtue cap is also raised ??? I know it might be an unlikely scenario to be capped in all virtues at lower levels, but still interesting to know. Also since if the virtues You focus on are at that LvL's cap (which is not at all unlikely) the VXP will most lilley be wasted on another virtue You don't want to focus on. It would be better if the VXP carried over and counted towards the virtue You want it on as Your LvL is raised and the cap on virtues is raised as well.

I took this screenshot from one of Ghynghyn's videos on YouTube, so all credits to Ghynghyn for testing this specific addition/feature.

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3PseeekUkc

Last edited by Lord.Funk; May 31 2019 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    It seems the Featured Instance LvL Cap T2 Challenge only rewards 150 Virtue XP although a rank of a Virtue in the new system costs at lowest 1000 VXP up to 1800 VXP per rank. Doing this once every day for a week will give You 1050 Virtue XP. Not even 1 rank worth of a virtue, unless You have like rank 0-10, which anyone at LvL 120 most likely will not have that low ranks, but more like rank 40+ probably even rank 51+. So basically around 2/3 of a virtue rank worth for a LvL 120 character in the new system for doing FI T2 Challenge 7 days in a row.

Is this low reward value as intended ???

If so, then that is what those that done all deeds will be left to, as well as all of us in the future when we run out of deeds. If the Festival wrappers follow this pattern and rewards maybe 250-500 VXP for like 3-5 days work, then welcome to the new LI grind. Remember this is not an account shared reward like Embers, but only rewarded to the character doing it.

It also makes me wonder what happens to VXP from doing deeds or dailies when we are at cap (overcapped) on all Virtues in the new system ??? Will they vanish into the void, or carry over if the virtue cap is raised in the future ???

I also wonder what happens if say doing a deed as You quest but You are at that levels virtue cap already in all virtues (as there are now virtue caps for lvl's as well) ??? Will that VXP just vanish or carry over once Your LvL is raised so that the virtue cap is also raised ??? I know it might be an unlikely scenario to be capped in all virtues at lower levels, but still interesting to know. Also since if the virtues You focus on are at that LvL's cap (which is not at all unlikely) the VXP will most lilley be wasted on another virtue You don't want to focus on. It would be better if the VXP carried over and counted towards the virtue You want it on as Your LvL is raised and the cap on virtues is raised as well.

I took this screenshot from one of Ghynghyn's videos on YouTube, so all credits to Ghynghyn for testing this specific addition/feature.

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3PseeekUkc

Factor 3 to factor 5 for embers and vxp is needed to make the cm worthy again.
    With only 100 and 150 the reward/time isn´t fair.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast