We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mac Wine Client Not 64-Bit Compatible

I'm having trouble confirming, but the new Wine client appears to not support the 64-bit option.

Can anyone else confirm this? Will we eventually get it?
    Bingly (LM) • Crickhollow

Cydrith is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    It should support the option, and I can confirm it did support it during internal testing.

I will look into this, and post information as soon as I find something. Thanks for letting us know!

I run Windows 10 dual boot on my iMac, and there's no trouble. On the new Wine client however, MANY options (including the 64-bit client) are not select-able.

I'm running Mac OS Mojave if that helps at all. I could probably record a video capture of what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroxes View Post
    I'm having trouble confirming, but the new Wine client appears to not support the 64-bit option.

Can anyone else confirm this? Will we eventually get it?
    Here's a video of what I'm talking about: https://youtu.be/lIuPMtZdFks

I am also a Mac user and am experiencing the exact same issues... The 64 bit option is not selectable.

Same and worst issues here

I have late 2014 5k Mac, wine client is not usable at all. No options from the loader could be selected, Anti-Aliasing on creates Bluescreen of death etc...

Options not selectable in Wine client

I'm experiencing the same problem of not being able to select items in the launcher for the wine client.

Hi, i have the same issue with not being able to select any of those options (only 1 or 2).
    DimDim - Maila - Aerawyn - Falya - Mystada

I am having the exact same issue. Cannot select any of those options besides the bandwidth dropdown.

Same issue for me. I was hoping to see if that would allow me to play but now I log in, select which server, click play and I just crash to the desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroxes View Post
    Here's a video of what I'm talking about: https://youtu.be/lIuPMtZdFks
    Yep, exact same issue here.

I am much the same, nothing highlights in the option section and although the in-game Lotro store does open it remains a black screen only.

I have a metered download, so I had to wait up until 1 am to complete the download, then of course go through the usual key binds and various other options. I will put a hold on giving an opinion as yet.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by He11ion View Post
    I am much the same, nothing highlights in the option section and although the in-game Lotro store does open it remains a black screen only.

I have a metered download, so I had to wait up until 1 am to complete the download, then of course go through the usual key binds and various other options. I will put a hold on giving an opinion as yet.

Cheers
    Glad to know I'm not the only one.

About the black screen, however, I might have a suggestion: while you are looking at the black screen press cmd-Tab to move to another application and you might see that the system is waiting for you to allow the client to do something (microphone use or accessibility option in system preference) once that is done, and you go back to the client (is not the ring icon, but the Wine bottle one) it should progress as expected.

The actual problem is that the radio buttons (and check boxes) in the launcher settings don't display their state properly. However, clicks on them do register and change the relevant setting. So if you click the button for the 64-bit client, even though nothing appears to change, you will be running the 64-bit client when you log in afterwards.

It's been reported that this happens on Windows too when using the classic theme, but not with Aero. Needless to say, this is definitely a bug and needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Formengil View Post
    The actual problem is that the radio buttons (and check boxes) in the launcher settings don't display their state properly. However, clicks on them do register and change the relevant setting. So if you click the button for the 64-bit client, even though nothing appears to change, you will be running the 64-bit client when you log in afterwards.

It's been reported that this happens on Windows too when using the classic theme, but not with Aero. Needless to say, this is definitely a bug and needs to be fixed.
    I have written a post that explains how to change mode and how to understand which mode you are in. Please have a look art https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...n-64-or-32bits