We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day

64-bit client crashes

I ran a DN raid last night on Anor. I had started the 64-bit client about 30 minutes before the raid, ran around the world some, my house, the shire, a vault, the AH, basic stuff.... and then went on the scheduled kin raid. Unfortunately, the 64-bit client crashed within 5 minutes of raiding...... I restarted, came back in, and about 10 minutes later it crashed again.

As I was the main healer, I decided to switch back to 32-bit for now after that second crash, and completed the whole raid for another 90 minutes or so with no problems. This morning, I launched the 64-bit client again but I have only been in lowbie areas around Bree, and so far so good.

Has anyone else had any crash reports? Is an in-game ticket still the best way to report these?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

The 32-bit client crashed plenty of times for me when switching between many different areas/maps during one session. I haven't had a crash yet on the 64-bit client, but then again I haven't had a chance to test transitioning to many different areas in the same session.

Perhaps the client crashing you're facing is related to the 64-bit client in that specific raid?

PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl

Drinks Coffee All Day
    I tested the 64-bit client on bullroarer, and went out of my way to travel the world, especially to areas like Minas Tirith and whatnot.... the client never crashed once. But what I did NOT do on bullroarer, is raid. It seem that the client is ok running in open world environment, but so far - and I only have the DN raid to compare - it crashed hard twice within 15 minutes in that instance. Could be a coincidence, could be DN.... in the scientific world we would say that more research is needed to exclude any anomalies.

In any case: Just wondering if anyone had similar experiences in raids.
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Same here, no crashes in field so far but DN and VM is crash city

I had a crash in a new daily in the vale lands. I had switched my graphics settings back to my bulletproof/high performance ones I usually use in 32-bit so not related to that.

I think it might be audio related. I had a kinmate on Evernight crash in the EXACT same spot of the start of the new Black Book of Mordor Instance where you go into caves with crystals in them.

I can't have crashes like that so I'm back to bulletproof 32-bit client with my bulletproof settings.

With 64 bit client and full graphics / high graphic i have 0 crash in landscape or in raid. No lag when i target monster with all buff on. Game is better now for me.

Did a TG T3 run tonight with the client set at 64-bit, DX11 and Very High. Crashed multiple times on boss 1 - some within seconds of re-logging back in. A couple of times when I managed to log in I had no sound. In the end I had to revert to running at 32-bit with DX9 on Very High.

The 64-bit client is completely unplayable for me. Longest time I've been able to play without a crash is 30min tops. Any raid crashes almost immediately, or within 10 minutes. The 32-bit client is far more stable at the moment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I tested the 64-bit client on bullroarer, and went out of my way to travel the world, especially to areas like Minas Tirith and whatnot.... the client never crashed once. But what I did NOT do on bullroarer, is raid. It seem that the client is ok running in open world environment, but so far - and I only have the DN raid to compare - it crashed hard twice within 15 minutes in that instance. Could be a coincidence, could be DN.... in the scientific world we would say that more research is needed to exclude any anomalies.

In any case: Just wondering if anyone had similar experiences in raids.
    FG had the same problem, ran fine all day untill an FG run. CTD before 1st boss twice. flipped to 32bit and CTD's were gone.
    dont worry the dev's are working on a fix that fixes the fix that fixed the fix that was fixing the fix....

I've been playing on 64 for two days with higher graphics and better performance than I've had in years.

Joined an Anvil raid, and within 2 seconds of combat starting on each phase crashed to desktop along with multiple other raid members. I never crashed on 32 in raids. Slideshow FPS, sure. Crashes, never.

There is definitely an issue with large group combat overloading something. Otherwise, 64 has been a godsend.
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

We just had 3 people crash as soon as combat started on a miniboss in Anvil T2. Crazy..

Not enought beta testing i guess. With plenty of PC 's configuration this is obvious.

You should say your config + graphical card and driver version.

I have not problem with nvidia gtx 1060 3go and driver 398.36 + 16 go ram + i5.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I ran a DN raid last night on Anor. I had started the 64-bit client about 30 minutes before the raid, ran around the world some, my house, the shire, a vault, the AH, basic stuff.... and then went on the scheduled kin raid. Unfortunately, the 64-bit client crashed within 5 minutes of raiding...... I restarted, came back in, and about 10 minutes later it crashed again.

As I was the main healer, I decided to switch back to 32-bit for now after that second crash, and completed the whole raid for another 90 minutes or so with no problems. This morning, I launched the 64-bit client again but I have only been in lowbie areas around Bree, and so far so good.

Has anyone else had any crash reports? Is an in-game ticket still the best way to report these?
    Yes. I mentioned in another post. The 64 bit client is great for landscape questing, but it crashed on a Thorog run on Evernight and crashed twice on Landy while doing Anvil T2 side bosses. So for now, I will run 64 bit for landscape and 32 bit for groups and raids.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Papou_sous_la_montagne View Post

NVIDIA GTX 1060 w 6 GB video ram.
    Driver version: 430.86, which is I believe the latest.
    32 GB of RAM
    Core i7-7700
    Lotro is installed on a M.2 type SSD.

I have no problems in the landscape. I played for a few hours going all over North Downs, Evendim, Shire, Bree town, Gondor housing area, with my level 41 burg. 64-bit client works perfect in the landscape!
    I have problems in instances. I've only done Dar Narbugud (12 man raid) and Grand Stairs (6 man instance) so far. (Anor, legendary capped at 60) In both instances I crashed, and I had to revert back to the 32bit client to complete the instance.
    -----

Same, It crushed frequently and caused my death many times, I do not think GTX 1070 is too old for LOTRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Papou_sous_la_montagne View Post
    Not enought beta testing i guess. With plenty of PC 's configuration this is obvious.

Yes, crushed many times in all kinds of instances, quest instances, RI, group and raid...

So I switch back to 32 bit

i crashed today on my minstrel just 5 min ago. Depend char now ? This joke.

Hello,
    I can't get in the game at all when I switch to 64bit.
    The launcher crashes as soon as I hit "Play"

I've been crashing every time I do RP, right around the last phase. So when I come back, I get the Shadow of Mordor - X debuff and I don't get rewards once the group finishes the instance as the Merit bar is gone.

No problem on landscape. Haven't had a chance to run any group instances. Much smoother than before, and graphics running at much higher level than before with minimal FPS loss. Currently running Very High at 40-60 FPS with occasional drops (and spikes indoors over 100 FPS). I don't have a high end system. ASUS Laptop, Intel I7-7500U @2.7GHz, 12GB DRAM, NVIDIA 940MX and a slow-as-molasses 5400RPM 2TB HDD.

I do get crashes, but they aren't while playing. I often crash when exiting game, or logging off characters. Also, I can't use the launcher by keeping it open, as I used to in 32-bit mode. A successful exit (unusual) with Launcher open and the Launcher never acknowledges that the game has exited - it keeps saying it's running. I am on several servers, so I prefer to keep it open so I don't have to restart launcher, precache, then enter my gosh-awfully long cryptic password just to change servers

I'm reluctant to go back to 32-bit mode, but I may have to. Being able to see Middle Earth in Very High Graphics and see how beautiful it is makes me sad if I have to lose that to able able to switch between characters and servers. Hoping they can patch this soon.
    I have CCMSS (Character Creation on Many Servers Syndrome). There is no Cure. Over 80 characters on 12 Servers: Gladden, Firefoot, Landroval, Crickhollow, Riddermark, Silverlode, Arkenstone, Brandywine, Withywindle, Laurelin, Evernight and Eldar before Exodus; after the Diaspora, on all English Servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen_Gustaf View Post
    No problem on landscape. Haven't had a chance to run any group instances. Much smoother than before, and graphics running at much higher level than before with minimal FPS loss. Currently running Very High at 40-60 FPS with occasional drops (and spikes indoors over 100 FPS). I don't have a high end system. ASUS Laptop, Intel I7-7500U @2.7GHz, 12GB DRAM, NVIDIA 940MX and a slow-as-molasses 5400RPM 2TB HDD.

I do get crashes, but they aren't while playing. I often crash when exiting game, or logging off characters. Also, I can't use the launcher by keeping it open, as I used to in 32-bit mode. A successful exit (unusual) with Launcher open and the Launcher never acknowledges that the game has exited - it keeps saying it's running. I am on several servers, so I prefer to keep it open so I don't have to restart launcher, precache, then enter my gosh-awfully long cryptic password just to change servers

I'm reluctant to go back to 32-bit mode, but I may have to. Being able to see Middle Earth in Very High Graphics and see how beautiful it is makes me sad if I have to lose that to able able to switch between characters and servers. Hoping they can patch this soon.
    I've had more issues on my laptop than either of the desktop PCs I haven installed the update on so far, perhaps it is something inherent to how they operate.

I have played numerous solo instances today between the 3 systems I currently have the update installed, and had issues on all 3,

On the laptop pre caching was VERY variable, anything from 1 seconds to 20 seconds, and my mouse pointer was vanishing every time I tried to use Full Screen (finally got that sorted). Also, I had to adjust the gamma as the screen became rather dark compared to the previous 32bit client.

On my weakest desktop, my POV got stuck twice and I had to exit the game as it wasnt following my character, so I couldnt leave the very small area I could see.

On my main PC, I have had several, random pauses for ~ 0.5-0.75 seconds, where everything stopped moving.

Outside of instances, Rivendale still has several places where the game hitches; I counted five between the stables and Elrons House.

BreeTown, from the areas I visited, seem hitch free, although fps dropped down into the high 20s, compared to 70-90 in much of Forochel and 40-50 in Rivendale ( and locked to 120 in the instances).

Quote Originally Posted by Talen_Gustaf View Post

Finally, someone with the same issue I have! When I exit the 64bit client, the launcher will never acknowledge the exit. I keep having to relaunch the launcher.

Other than that, today I had the first CTD. Both while I was in a fight with several mobs (one in GT and another outside orc area)

Additionally, sometimes when I launch the 64bit client it will crash immediately after launching, forcing me to relaunch the launcher because of the previous bug I described
    The Champion of Eriador, Man-at-Arms Melvargil Eaglewing, Lord of the Ashen Wastes.

Geek Pub, Evernight

Hopefully SSG has debug capture enabled on all our clients so they get reports on why everyone is crashing

Thumbs down 64-bit failure to launch

Quote Originally Posted by Galwing View Post
    Hello,
    I can't get in the game at all when I switch to 64bit.
    The launcher crashes as soon as I hit "Play"

I'm in the same situation. As soon as I hit Play the launcher closes and the game does not open. Nothing in task manager and I'm using Win 10 on a newer machine with decent specs. I have no issues with 32 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita9999 View Post
    I'm in the same situation. As soon as I hit Play the launcher closes and the game does not open. Nothing in task manager and I'm using Win 10 on a newer machine with decent specs. I have no issues with 32 bit.
    do you have any third party firewalls? comodo, kaspersky, etc? you should have also gotten a Windows Firewall popup when you first tried the 64 bit. the 64 bit client needs its own exemption. Also, it would keep you from loading the client by not making the exemption

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast