We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Cool Mac Client Asking "Microsoft visual C++ 2010 Package"

I downloaded the new client and was able to play the game last night. And today, when I launched the client, the launcher gets stuck at - Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable package (x86).."

https://imgur.com/Pjzfezn

And it just stays at this message. There is no downloading going on. I have restarted the client and my mac also, but the same message pops up and stays.

Any help here would be appreciated. Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by MrDoT View Post
    I downloaded the new client and was able to play the game last night. And today, when I launched the client, the launcher gets stuck at - Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable package (x86).."

https://imgur.com/Pjzfezn

And it just stays at this message. There is no downloading going on. I have restarted the client and my mac also, but the same message pops up and stays.

Any help here would be appreciated. Thankyou
    So I figured it out myself. I had to force-quit "wine-preloader" process in activity monitor. As I force quit it, a browser window pops and launcher gets back to username password step, after which it is all smooth

Don't bother with the pop up -https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999. It asks to download that redistributable package, which is an exe file....

Exclamation Same Problem

Quote Originally Posted by MrDoT View Post
    So I figured it out myself. I had to force-quit "wine-preloader" process in activity monitor. As I force quit it, a browser window pops and launcher gets back to username password step, after which it is all smooth

Don't bother with the pop up -https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999. It asks to download that redistributable package, which is an exe file....
    I have the same problem. After downloading 19 gb in the wine Mac client, I thought that was it, and then the launcher pops up and after downloading the Loading Screens, it says,

'Installing "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)"...'

and then nothing happens. I tried installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=26999 but I can't open the exe file because it's for Windows only. So why is the wine-preloader saying this? I still haven't got to the Log In part and still haven't got to play the game. I forced quit the launcher and restarted the Mac and opened it again but it still says, 'Installing "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)"...'.

Please help me! What should I do? How can I play the game? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by KevinGreenleaf View Post
    I have the same problem. After downloading 19 gb in the wine Mac client, I thought that was it, and then the launcher pops up and after downloading the Loading Screens, it says,

'Installing "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)"...'

and then nothing happens. I tried installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=26999 but I can't open the exe file because it's for Windows only. So why is the wine-preloader saying this? I still haven't got to the Log In part and still haven't got to play the game. I forced quit the launcher and restarted the Mac and opened it again but it still says, 'Installing "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)"...'.

Please help me! What should I do? How can I play the game? Thank you

Ok, so now I accidentally clicked something and now it's downloading more than 8 gb of game files?? But I already downloaded the 19 gb, what is this? Is it installing the game again? Please help!

That sounds about the size of the Hi-Res Graphics files. You may have clicked that.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyGreene View Post
    That sounds about the size of the Hi-Res Graphics files. You may have clicked that.
    Ah maybe that was it. But now it just finished but now it's back with that 'Installing "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)"...'!!!
    What is going on? What do I do now? I just want to play the game! Please help!
    Last edited by KevinGreenleaf; Jun 21 2019 at 06:57 AM.

Ah maybe that was it. But now it just finished but now it's back with that 'Installing "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)"...'!!!
    Please someone help! It's been weeks and I still can't open the game!! Please can someone help? It's still saying, "Microsoft visual C++ 2010 Package."'
    Please someone help!

Exclamation

Please someone help! It's been weeks and I still can't open the game!! Please can someone help? It's still saying, "Microsoft visual C++ 2010 Package."'
    Please someone help!

Exclamation Still not working!

Please someone help!

Please someone help!
    The answer would seem to be hidden in #2

If that doesnt work, I would suggest you try deleting the current download; make sure you have the latest version of WINE installed and trying again.

If you run anti virus, switch it off during the LOTRO install - just in case.

As I said before, I am not a MacOS user, so my advice is strictly generic; I got bored and had a read through the LOTRO Mac forums; and you and the OP are the only ones reporting this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    The answer would seem to be hidden in #2

If that doesnt work, I would suggest you try deleting the current download; make sure you have the latest version of WINE installed and trying again.

If you run anti virus, switch it off during the LOTRO install - just in case.

As I said before, I am not a MacOS user, so my advice is strictly generic; I got bored and had a read through the LOTRO Mac forums; and you and the OP are the only ones reporting this issue.
    Okay thank you. Well I tried force quitting it from the activity monitor but that didn't work so should I repair the game files or just delete everything and download it all again? Thanks

Exclamation

Okay thank you. Well I tried force quitting it from the activity monitor but that didn't work so should I repair the game files or just delete everything and download it all again? Thanks
    I tried force quitting it a bunch of times and suddenly it worked just as he said. But after a few times, now, when I try to force quit it through the activity monitor, the launcher just completely closes and nothing happens. Does anyone know what I should do? Thank you

C++ 2010 Package install issue

I tried force quitting it a bunch of times and suddenly it worked just as he said. But after a few times, now, when I try to force quit it through the activity monitor, the launcher just completely closes and nothing happens. Does anyone know what I should do? Thank you
    I am having the same issue. I've tried force-quitting about 20 times with no luck and no pop-up window. Any tips to bypass this Microsoft install so that I can get back to gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrordor View Post
    I am having the same issue. I've tried force-quitting about 20 times with no luck and no pop-up window. Any tips to bypass this Microsoft install so that I can get back to gameplay?
    Running MacOS 10.14.3
    16GB RAM
    Radeon Pro 460 4096MB

I just played this morning with no issues, and no updates have been made to my computer since. Confused why there is now an issue.

Running MacOS 10.14.3
    16GB RAM
    Radeon Pro 460 4096MB

I just played this morning with no issues, and no updates have been made to my computer since. Confused why there is now an issue.
    I figured out a work-around similar to the above. When you open "Activity Monitor" about 10 .exe process will be opened on the left-most column under 'Process Name'. Click on each of these individually and force-quit them until they are all gone. Go back to the wine-preloader and you should be able to login.

"Microsoft visual C++ 2010 Package" required after a stop for dinner!!!!

I was playing, shutdown to eat dinner & when I restarted got the downloading "Microsoft visual C++ 2010 Package" message. I've played for a couple of hours since yesterdays update so I don't think that's too blame. Looks like my Imac's gone & corrupted something (it does it quite frequently when I play total war). Unfortunately several restarts hasn't cured it. Apart from trying the wine preloader tip of the guy back in July it''s beginning to look like a complete (overnight+) download for me!

I figured out a work-around similar to the above. When you open "Activity Monitor" about 10 .exe process will be opened on the left-most column under 'Process Name'. Click on each of these individually and force-quit them until they are all gone. Go back to the wine-preloader and you should be able to login.
    Only problem is you have to redo this process to relog in, as I have just found out, until at least they make another patch.
    Irulian Fairmeadow - Elven Rune Keeper / Pennion - Elven Warden / Adaintor - Elven Guardian / Atheallia - Elven Champion
    Server - Laurelin

Silorien is offline Software Engineer - Standing Stone Games
    We are packaging a new DLL that needs to install with the launcher to address a problem that occurs when starting 64-bit clients. We made a modification about an hour ago that is now affecting the Wine launcher, and will soon follow-up with a change that should fix the problem. You will not need to delete anything or reinstall the game.

Running MacOS 10.14.3
    16GB RAM
    Radeon Pro 460 4096MB

Yes, I've had this same experience. Was playing fine yesterday and earlier today. Restarted the launcher (I normally just keep it open for transferring between servers) and got the perpetual trying to install C++. I took Thrordor's advice (thank you!!) and started deleting Wine prelauncher entries from Activity Monitor. After deleting a few I noticed the launcher was continuing. I'm now back in the game, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairmeadow View Post
    Only problem is you have to redo this process to relog in, as I have just found out, until at least they make another patch.
    ugh. Not sure how something this important (the launcher) could get hosed out of the blue, but I do hope they fix it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Silorien View Post
    We are packaging a new DLL that needs to install with the launcher to address a problem that occurs when starting 64-bit clients. We made a modification about an hour ago that is now affecting the Wine launcher, and will soon follow-up with a change that should fix the problem. You will not need to delete anything or reinstall the game.
    Awesome, thank you Silorien and team! Great to know you're on it and a fix is coming!

Echoweaver is offline Meddler in the Affairs of Wizards
    Thanks. It's good to know you're looking out for us!

Wouldn't it be nice if having us share the same code meant that it always behaved the same way :-/.
    Last edited by Echoweaver; Sep 26 2019 at 04:59 PM.
    Anor veteran on Landroval: Ardith and Wensleydale
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Thanks you for this heads up and the work you guys are doing. I was on earlier today and got surprised just now trying to come back in. Looking forward to getting back to Middle Earth!

And it's good to know I wasn't alone!

Peace

What's that saying about horses & stables

Just reloaded all required software from wineskin to Lotro...Guess what. Several hours after the event SSG admit they've forgotten that a lot of their client base don't use windows & as a result of their actions are no longer getting the goods they've paid for...my legal mind already tends to the sale off goods act, regarding functionality of goods or materials paid for!

Cydrith is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    A patch has been put out for the mac client. This problem will be automatically resolved next time the client starts.

Please let us know if this issue persists. Thanks for working with us to get this resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cydrith View Post
    A patch has been put out for the mac client. This problem will be automatically resolved next time the client starts.

Please let us know if this issue persists. Thanks for working with us to get this resolved.
    Well I tried logging on my Mac and the problem is persisting for me...should it have fixed things already? Or is this related to the restart tomorrow, now?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast