We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Craft instances] for lower tiers

I would love to see craft instances for the lower tiers, yes apprentice and journeyman tier too. You could even replace the "craft bounty" quests that are 3x repeatable w/a n appropriate instance from the same npc. I would especially love it if you get a barter item as a reward for doing the instance, and if you save up 6x of them you can purchase a bundle of craft supplies for any craft. It would make it so much easier for my main character to gather appropriate level materials for my craft alts. I always main a historian, but it makes getting ore and wood a challenge, and almost all the other crafters use that instead. I'd feel even worse for a cook.

I might be mistaken, but i believe the first craft instances are moria (21st hall). *maybe* in eregion too.

With how annoying it is as a scholar to stand there over one stinkin apprentice pot waiting for it to respawn (because there are only about 3 in the entire erid luin), an instance with even 5 pots that i could run once a day would be such a blessing.

/signed

I like the idea of resource instances for lower tiers and you are right about Moria introducing the first ones.
    For example, remove the 3 bounties in Dead Man's Perch for 3 daily solo/duo instances in Great Barrows or whatever for T2 materials.
    Each for ore, wood and papers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexillia View Post
    With how annoying it is as a scholar to stand there over one stinkin apprentice pot waiting for it to respawn (because there are only about 3 in the entire erid luin), an instance with even 5 pots that i could run once a day would be such a blessing.
    Farming humanoids, orc-kind and undead is a far better method for getting scholar materials btw.

By my experience, those bundles you can barter in Moria+ instances are nothing to write home about. You would get the ore/wood you need 10x faster with an Explorer alt. Only Ironfold instances let you earn decent amounts of alternate stuff.

But far as scarcity of scholar nodes? Those mats are common as dirt on humanoids. Goblins, dourhands, ruffians all drop them a fair bit. My main is an Explorer but I got a full Ironfold Master/max guild historian alt who never even touched a scholar node.

I never once touched a scholar node either but these instances are still a good idea to me.
    Don't rain on our parades if this doesn't seem appealing to you.
    I also prefer to roll explorer alts to harvest them at the same time and more frequently.
    Also gives me a slight LOTRO point income while getting richer in materials.

Just saying if they DO make craft instances similar to Moria/Dunland/Hytbold, those are not gonna be much help. Only reason I ever ran those was for relic compendiums. Sure never hurts to ask, but my advice is start looking into alternatives.

You're right about it being a waste of time and not as helpful as many would deem it to be.
    I'd still like to see daily instances regardless of outcome because there are some people out there too lazy to rove the lands to harvest materials.
    Also would be nice if there were nice cosmetic barters or housing decor barters from these resource instances now that they all have been outdated.

Ultimately I wouldn't bother with them if I can farm 200 copper ore (for an example) before heading over to barrow iron.

I've often thought that a particular map or area of the the game needs to have nodes that can produce any level crafting resource. Perhaps the Beacon Hills (which I get the felling is not visited much) or the Ettenmoors or the Osgiliath pvp map could have nodes from all levels.

If the Ettenoors had a lot of nodes for all levels of crafting resources, would anyone be more willing to go there? Honest question, I don't know. I don't go there as I am not skilled enough to survive against anyone, but I would probably be tempted to sneak in and out at times if there was something there for me to get such as all kinds of crafting resources. Perhaps eliminate large bosses in many of the points for capturing requirements and do something else instead with crafting resources to entice us into the area with a little less emphasis on impossible solo battles.

I just thought of something.
    Why not copy the idea from Ered Mithrin resource instances and have 4 quests each instance and 4 instances?
    Quests to kill 25 select instance mobs, collect 8-10 items, kill a boss then kill a scourge?
    And as a reward, give us 5 mats of any choice each box and reputation from the faction that the instances reside in?

For example, like say, resource instances in Ered Luin.
    1 instance in the dock area, one instance in Rath Teraig, one instance in that camp outside of Sarnur thee maybe another one where the wolves are located.
    The mobs should count for the slayer deeds in Ered Luin as well.
    Each instance will have 4 quests. Each quest rewarding 50 silver and 500 reputation points for Thorin's Hall and a crafter's cache.
    We can choose from the following:
    5 Chunks of Copper Ore
    5 Logs of Rowan Wood
    5 Scraps of the First Age
    5 Agates and 5 Amethyst
    5 light hides

Might not be ideal but people actually like doing stuff like this over roving far and wide.
    Also will be a good way to get reputation up alongside with turning in tasks.