We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    level 65 raids shouldn't take 6 hours. If it does, you're doing something wrong.

Ost Dunhoth doesn't need locks because it's split into wings, Barad Guldur isn't a particularly long raid, especially as there's no longer a need to physically reach the keep outside.

There's chest locks, not raid locks. Scaling isn't amazing but it's better than how Moria was handled. It honestly sounds like you haven't even logged onto Anor and just pulling observations out of thin-air.

From what perspective are you speaking? I know that a T2 BG doesn't take 6 hours if you do things right, and have a group of experienced people. But let's say someone had to leave, or players just fail.. Shouldn't they be able to pick it up at a later time?

Same with Anvil T2, you can complete it fast, if things go smoothly, sometimes it doesn't. And in those cases, players should be able to pick up where they left, or people won't just dedicate their time doing it at all.

Regarding the loot, I don't agree.. none of the instances at t2c offer anything good lol. Most Moria gear is better. I have done SG/LT/STH in T2C and there is generally no good loot in there.

In Moria, at least for my Mini, BIS items were spread out through a lot of instances, and DN had some really cool loot. Yeah, I know OD is split up in three wings, and I know there is chest locks. At least, I think BG should have old style locks or same as in Anvil, and have better loot to make it worth running at T2.

I'm not pulling anything out of thin air, but please enlighten me, where are the good loot in the T2C/T1 instances?

2. Jun 29 2019, 01:41 PM

t2c Difficulty

As a raid leader on Anor I'd like to weigh in a bit on the difficulty of level 65 t2 content, though it may be a bit late. Personally, I would say the content is 99% perfect. As of right now, my kinship, Mirage, has successfully downed Ivar t2c. The fight was so much more intense than it has been in years. Without going into details(as to spoil it for some people) our group comp was extremely far from the current "meta". I love that the content is forcing people to come up with much more creative strategies and putting much more thought into their gear in order to beat a fight. We have also done a bit of testing in other wings of OD. From what we found, Wound t2's "gauntlet" is doable with 2 dps per lane if they are ideally geared. The other dps and I were killing our mobs with plenty of time to spare in left lane, but were unfortunately held back by other, not as geared, lanes. Judging by how the gauntlet went for us it seems as though challenge is doable, but would require more attempts/testing to know for sure. I don't want to comment on Disease t2c yet, as we haven't had a proper go at it yet. Another group has told us it might be out of reach boss morale wise, but that is the only "complaint" I could give on how the content is. We are still going to give it a go ourselves, very soon. I think BG t2c is in a good spot. It's in a good middle ground of not super hard and not super long for the more "casual" raiders that might not have the time OD requires. Overall I think it was actually an amazing job of scaling and its by far the most fun I've had raiding in a long time!
    Last edited by BlackBeret92; Jul 01 2019 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyaerunanethiel View Post
    Yea I was wrong about "Classic loot" and FA symbols ,thank the Vala finally I can be wrong as well. It took me few years to fail. You added the FA in in-proper way.
    [...]

The dedicated and hardcore team is so tiny, few will and did Tier IIc I m going to give you an example on Ithil. 2 groups for now only did Tier IIC Sammanth Gul. I was one of them. 90% are not even willing to try Tier II raid finding it too long to complete. And those who did said : Was hours of pain , maybe never again. It was mind numbing and tiresome,surely the challenge felt good, but it felt if we faced arifitical difficutly with foes having 300% additional morale and hitting high as Vala even on Tanks or to rely on dumb luck and hope boss wont spam non curable dot,bleed or fear you. There is a notable difference between a proper challenge and absurdity. Nobody else did Tier II raid not because they are incapable but do not have time or investment and are discouraged with enormous difference of Tier I ~ II and how certain mechanics work in particular challenges , not to mention huge amount of Trash in BG or Wound wing in OD which is simply distancing players away.

Let us look at Tier IIc Ost Dunhoth or Thrang Tier II. I do not want to say it is impossible. I am sure both servers will do it at some point,. Nobody can survive the Thrang Onslaught on Legendary and one will need nearly perfectly coordinated group with top DPS to complete entire raid with RNG and luck on your side as well. It is not the right approach. I love the way the raids are now compared to Moria, but again you have to understand the Morale,scaling and certain damage even from Tier I is simply unacceptable.

[...] players not willing to work as team,Nevertheless you should scale down the amount of morale in Tier II instances,fix our finesse and give the tanks the proper Tanking setup not only in raids but 3&6 man as well. But if we are honest sometimes is hard to blame players too if they quit if we judge everything accordingly.
    I dunno what you are talking about, SG t2c gets beaten daily on ithil, you may not realize because most of the ppl do not haste into chat/youtube to let everyone know that they accomplished smth that is easily accomplished.
    I know you think very highly of yourself but you are only as average as 1/4 of Ithils population - just watch your vids if you need proof of that - the fact that 5/8 of ithils population are below average does not turn you into a good player.

The Scaling is very well done, most challenges are challenging as they should be, they should not scale down anything just because of the usual *i-never-realized-how-casual-i-truly-am* q.q from the likes of you, they did that very often in the past and it turned out that most dedicated ppl left because everything got ez.

/gratz @ mirage

Quote Originally Posted by Heilfels View Post
    I dunno what you are talking about, SG t2c gets beaten daily on ithil, you may not realize because most of the ppl do not haste into chat/youtube to let everyone know that they accomplished smth that is easily accomplished.
    I know you think very highly of yourself but you are only as average as 1/4 of Ithils population - just watch your vids if you need proof of that - the fact that 5/8 of ithils population are below average does not turn you into a good player.

The Scaling is very well done, most challenges are challenging as they should be, they should not scale down anything just because of the usual *i-never-realized-how-casual-i-truly-am* q.q from the likes of you, they did that very often in the past and it turned out that most dedicated ppl left because everything got ez.

/gratz @ mirage

Difficulty by all means, but at least make sure you get rewarded for it. Does the challenge really matter if people are not running it? Either they have to fix the loot for T2C instances, or somewhat lower the difficulty. Right now I feel like most T2C content is wasted content, not everyone wants to spend hours in an instance getting the same loot as if they would run it on T1.

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Difficulty by all means, but at least make sure you get rewarded for it. Does the challenge really matter if people are not running it? Either they have to fix the loot for T2C instances, or somewhat lower the difficulty. Right now I feel like most T2C content is wasted content, not everyone wants to spend hours in an instance getting the same loot as if they would run it on T1.
    Its not just the loot that makes people run t2c instances. For some (and many) its running content that requires 6/12 people. While the loot is important (I am for special t2/c loot), running instances at t2c make me feel accomplished as a player, as they are much more challenging than what everyone else farms for hours.

Mirage | Fathom | Situational Awareness | Reformed
    Arkenstone | Shadowfax | Treebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    Its not just the loot that makes people run t2c instances. For some (and many) its running content that requires 6/12 people. While the loot is important (I am for special t2/c loot), running instances at t2c make me feel accomplished as a player, as they are much more challenging than what everyone else farms for hours.
    Why do people keep saying there is nothing we can do about it when time after time SSG has made changed to gear and drops?

If people have capped stats > Good raid setup > Know tactics > Excluding low DPS classes(like RK) and still fail the challenge/trash pulls. Isn't that the case of poor balance?

Take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eUw...&index=37&t=0s and tell me the current OD T2C isn't over tuned lol.

Have fun with 20 people competing for the challenge.

I love T2C content, since im a T2/T3 raider on Evernight and has done most of the T2C content in the past. I have done most T2C on Anor as well, but with no good loot, it won't last for long.

I care about keeping the server alive, but by making T2C as tedious as possible without any reason to do it more than once will only drive people away.

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Why do people keep saying there is nothing we can do about it when time after time SSG has made changed to gear and drops?

I care about keeping the server alive, but by making T2C as tedious as possible without any reason to do it more than once will only drive people away.
    Ok? It's happened once. People will be playing on these servers no matter what. And thanks, I will enjoy competing for t2c clear.

Mirage | Fathom | Situational Awareness | Reformed
    Arkenstone | Shadowfax | Treebeard

The Enedwaith cluster's title is "Legendary Challenger of the Gaunt-lords"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3