We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

[Plugin] Class Trait Points Checklist

Well, enough people have asked for it, so I finally took a day and made this simple plugin.

This plugin is just a checklist of all of the ways to earn Class Trait Points. You can go down the list one by one, and it tells you where to look in your Quest Log or Deed Log to see if you've earned each point. If not, it includes a link to the relevant lotro-wiki page, so you can figure out how to get the quest / deed bestowed.

Note: This plugin won't fill in the checkmarks for you. There is no way for a plugin to detect which deeds or quests you have completed. This plugin is only a guide to help you determine which quests or deeds you need to do.

It saves your checkmarks, so next time you login, you don't have to recheck them all.

Download it from lotrointerface or use Plugin Compendium to install it (recommended).

Last edited by Thurallor; Jun 22 2019 at 06:15 PM.

Thank you.

Nice idea, but in my situation plugin only show up "for reaching level" parts. All other parts don't show any confirmations, and he thinks I have 54/92 trait points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Nice idea, but in my situation plugin only show up "for reaching level" parts. All other parts don't show any confirmations, and he thinks I have 54/92 trait points
    It won't fill in the checkmarks for you. There is no way for the plugin to detect whether you have completed the deeds and quests. It is only meant as an aid to help you determine which points you need to earn.

Added a note to the OP to try to make this clear.

Thanks!

Added the ability to "iconify" the window in version 1.03 (now available at lotrointerface).

New version (1.07) now available at Lotrointerface.

• The plugin now saves the expanded/collapsed state of each section.
    • Clicking the titles no longer changes the checkbox checked state. Instead, it expands/collapses the section.
    • Replaced Beorning class deeds "The Line of Beorn Part 1-4" with the corresponding quests, since the quests give the points, not the deeds.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jul 20 2019 at 07:38 PM.

Feature Suggestion: Auto mark off the traits granted by the Aria of the Valar quest/tomes. i.e. have a checkmark to mark off those things so that someone who has Valar'd or bought the tomes in the store to bypass those area can just check 'em off with one go.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Feature Suggestion: Auto mark off the traits granted by the Aria of the Valar quest/tomes. i.e. have a checkmark to mark off those things so that someone who has Valar'd or bought the tomes in the store to bypass those area can just check 'em off with one go.
    I would like to do it, but the problem is that I don't know exactly what the various Valar items do, and testing is very, very expensive. If lotro-wiki had complete, unambiguous, current information on the topic, that would help. (Or if SSG supplied such information about their products, haha.)

For example, according to the wiki, the AotV does not award the deed "The Mines of Moria", which normally gives a class trait point for all classes except Beorning. (Beornings instead get an extra point from their class quest chain "The Line of Beorn".) So do Beornings get 1 more point from AotV than other classes? The info doesn't seem to be anywhere.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jul 20 2019 at 03:42 PM.

Class Trait Plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    New version (1.06) now available at Lotrointerface.

• The plugin now saves the expanded/collapsed state of each section.
    • Clicking the titles no longer changes the checkbox checked state. Instead, it expands/collapses the section.
    Another great Thurallor plugin. Thanks for all you do!

I would like to do it, but the problem is that I don't know exactly what the various Valar items do, and testing is very, very expensive.
    Bullroarer is now open. if you get in in time

Quote Originally Posted by lludd View Post
    Bullroarer is now open. if you get in in time
    Oh yeah. Duh. Thanks, I'll take a look.

Well, I spent way too long on Bullroarer getting updated information for this page on lotro-wiki.

It seems that Beornings only get 72 points from the Aria -- unlike everyone else, who gets 75.

However, Beornings can easily get another 4 points from their low-level class quests; others only get 1. After doing these, all classes are even at 76 points.

I added support for Aria of the Valar to the plugin in version 1.08, which is now awaiting approval at lotrointerface.

Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I downloaded the plugin using the Lotro Plugin Compendium and after logging in, I set it to automatically load for all characters. I tried to load it manually on the char I was already logged in. It failed though, giving the following error messages:

[07/25 11:26:52 PM] ...ine\Plugins\Thurallor\Class TraitPoints\Checklist.lua:592: attempt to call method 'IsChecked' (a nil value)
    [07/25 11:26:52 PM] ...line\Plugins\Thurallor\Clas sTraitPoints\__init__.lua:23: Failed to import package "Thurallor.ClassTraitPoints.Ma in".

Then I logged out the char and tried another one with the same result.

I am using the following other plugins: BuffBars, TerrainMap and TitanBar - I hope they are not interfering with your plugin.
    Or maybe it's because I'm using the 64bit client? EDIT: Confirmed that this is not the case. The same problem arises with the 32bit client.

EDIT 2: On one of my max level chars the plugin worked without problem. The other chars for whom it didn't work were level 65 (having done only a few class deeds) and level 17 (probably has done none of them).

Do you have any advice what I might do to make it work?

Best regards
    Gildoriel
    Last edited by Gildoriel; Jul 25 2019 at 05:39 PM.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I downloaded the plugin using the Lotro Plugin Compendium and after logging in, I set it to automatically load for all characters. I tried to load it manually on the char I was already logged in. It failed though, giving the following error messages:

[07/25 11:26:52 PM] ...ine\Plugins\Thurallor\Class TraitPoints\Checklist.lua:592: attempt to call method 'IsChecked' (a nil value)
    [07/25 11:26:52 PM] ...line\Plugins\Thurallor\Clas sTraitPoints\__init__.lua:23: Failed to import package "Thurallor.ClassTraitPoints.Ma in".
    You're not doing anything wrong, it's a bug. Thanks for reporting it. I'll upload a fixed version shortly.

Edit: I uploaded version 1.09 to lotrointerface, and it is awaiting approval.

Edit: It has been approved.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jul 25 2019 at 09:01 PM.

You're not doing anything wrong, it's a bug. Thanks for reporting it. I'll upload a fixed version shortly.

Edit: I uploaded version 1.09 to lotrointerface, and it is awaiting approval.

Edit: It has been approved.
    Now everything works - thank you very much for solving this so quickly!
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Stuck with finding quest

Great plugin, thank you. Question: Upon using Aria of the Valar. My next quest to complete is level 91 The Broadacres Betrayed. There is no quest ring on Torferth at Tordag's camp. No quests available at Stoke either. Has anyone who used a Aria of the Valar gone back and completed the required quests from this point? Then completed the rest for maximum trait points. How far back do you have to go to get on track for the level 91 quest in Broadacres? Is it worth it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woldo View Post
    Great plugin, thank you. Question: Upon using Aria of the Valar. My next quest to complete is level 91 The Broadacres Betrayed. There is no quest ring on Torferth at Tordag's camp. No quests available at Stoke either. Has anyone who used a Aria of the Valar gone back and completed the required quests from this point? Then completed the rest for maximum trait points. How far back do you have to go to get on track for the level 91 quest in Broadacres? Is it worth it? Thanks.
    First answer to this post https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...40#post7906240 may be what you need.

Great work with the Aria of the Valar support!

Very handy plugin.

I want to thank you for this wonderful plugin! I was 4 trait points off with my level 120 Hunter and did not know where they were to be obtained. This plugin was very helpful and I know you had to put in a lot of work on this checklist. Thank you very much!
    Moved from Nimrodel to Arkenstone!
    Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! Pew-Pew-Pew!
    Kinship member of Arnor's Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Woldo View Post
    Sorry, I don't know how the question part got in there. It was from an old tread. I just wanted to say thanks for the plugin. Really helpful.

It's always good to hear that people like my plugins. This one didn't take much effort, compared some others. But if high school economics taught me anything, it's that work is not the same as value.

A new version (1.12) is now available at Lotrointerface. It includes the two new Class Trait Points added in U25.

(I haven't yet added support for the new "Valar Level Boost - 120" item, because I haven't had a chance to play with it on Bullroarer yet.)

New version (1.13) now available at Lotrointerface.

• Added the new Class Trait Point from U26, to bring the total earnable points to 95.
    • Added pulldown menus for altering the class and level.
    • Localized the quotation marks for French and German.

I just noticed that lotro-wiki has updated information about the deed "The Mines of Moria". Apparently this deed no longer gives a Class Trait Point. But my level-cap toon hasn't lost any points, so I'm wondering which other quest or deed (or character level) they've added a point to, to replace this one. Anyone know?

It's frustrating when changes like this are made in the game without mention in the release notes. My plugin will remain inaccurate until/unless I figure this out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast