We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    I just noticed that lotro-wiki has updated information about the deed "The Mines of Moria". Apparently this deed no longer gives a Class Trait Point. But my level-cap toon hasn't lost any points, so I'm wondering which other quest or deed (or character level) they've added a point to, to replace this one. Anyone know?

It's frustrating when changes like this are made in the game without mention in the release notes. My plugin will remain inaccurate until/unless I figure this out.
    Looking at the Wiki edit history, somebody only added the info about the deed not giving a class trait point without adding any more info. What if that person was a) wrong or b) it means there are only 94 points to be gained again?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    Looking at the Wiki edit history, somebody only added the info about the deed not giving a class trait point without adding any more info. What if that person was a) wrong or b) it means there are only 94 points to be gained again?
    I checked in the deed log. That deed no longer lists a Class Trait Point as a reward.

The number of Class Trait Points my character has hasn't changed, so either they have added a point to another quest/deed that I've already done, or they've added it to a character level that I've already completed (which could be any level, since my character is at 130).

I can still see the trait point as a deed reward in the deed log.

Apparently there are two deeds, both called "The Mines of Moria", the one linked above is https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The...it_Point_Deed), and I verified that I still show a trait point for it in my quest log. The wiki lists the other as https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The..._(Quests_Deed) and it does not have a class trait point. Perhaps this is the source of the confusion?

Without further clarification of the wiki edit I would have to assume that the editor was confused and erroneously removed the trait point because they were looking at the wrong deed in their log. It is easy to do since for some bizarre reason there are two deeds with the same exact name and they are both listed under the Epic book tab.

The first deed that has the trait point (you can see the other entry near the bottom of the list):

The second deed that does not have the trait point:

EDIT: I tried to find an example of a non-completed version of the deed but alas, all of my alts that have started Moria have all completed both of these deeds. Perhaps someone who has an alt currently running Moria could double check it.
    Last edited by Garan; Jun 09 2020 at 01:49 PM.

Yeah i am also thinking that the editor confused the two deeds. I did raise the question it in the wiki discord and will look at the deed that wil pop once I complete book 1 on a character that just entered the introduction for moria.

I just came upon this solution because I remembered when I valared a character to 105, it got the one with the trait point (yellow seal) auto-completed and the other one (red seal) not.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

I checked on a character that just now triggered the deed. The trait point is still part of the reward

Thank all of you for solving that mystery. That's a relief.

Submitted as a bug report (#131036).
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jun 10 2020 at 01:06 AM.

Why a bug report? The two deeds for Moria have been there as long as I can remember. The error is on the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    Why a bug report? The two deeds for Moria have been there as long as I can remember. The error is on the wiki.
    Two deeds with the same name in the same section of the deed log. I doubt it was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Two deeds with the same name in the same section of the deed log. I doubt it was intended.
    Hmmmm ... it's been there for years and nobody found anything strange about it. But you're right of course, they could unify it to one deed and give the rewards of both for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    Hmmmm ... it's been there for years and nobody found anything strange about it. But you're right of course, they could unify it to one deed and give the rewards of both for that.
    Or just rename the second one 'Avenger of Khazad-dûm' since that's the title you will receive. Doesn't require any coding or merging of rewards which might cause issues with players that have completed one but not the other, and they already have the FR and DE translations in the titles, just reassign a couple of string table entries and the confusion is solved.

Well, to my surprise, I received a reply. I guess I'm just that cool.

From SSG QA:
    Greetings!

This is because these deeds are actually referring to the same questline, but because of the Class Specific Legendary Item introduction built into it, half the quests are class specific so there is a separate Deed built for those quests.

We hope this information helps, and we hope you are enjoying your time in Middle-earth!

But yeah, Garan, I agree with your idea, and I forwarded it to QA.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jun 10 2020 at 04:00 PM.

New version (1.15) now available at Lotrointerface.

• Added the new Class Trait Point from U27, to bring the total earnable points to 96.
    • Updated German translations. Thanks, Thaliruth!
    • (v1.14) Added a shell command for toggling the window and icon.

New version (1.18) now available at Lotrointerface.

• (v1.16) Removed the level requirement for the quest "The Wedding Banquet".
    • (v1.17) Fixed an issue with saving the location of the icon, window, etc.
    • (v1.18) Added the new trait point available in U28, to bring the earnable total to 97.

Thurallor,
    Thanks for keeping this plugin going, I have used it 4 times now to get my main characters trait points all accounted for.

Can't see the ClassTraitPoints checklist

I'm new to plugins and seem to have a problem. Successfully downloaded LOTRO Plugin Compendium 1.0.3.0 from Lotro Interface then added ClassTraitPoints ok. Appears in Documents/The Lord of the Rings/Plugins/Thurallor as expected. Set LOTRO to Automatically Load For: ALL CHARACTERS then opened a toon.
    First message in the General tab says: "Class Trait Points Checklist v1.18, by Thurallor", followed by normal "Entered the Trade channel" but no sign of any checklist.
    Probably a newbie mistake but what do I do next?

Quote Originally Posted by david-aug24 View Post
    I'm new to plugins and seem to have a problem. Successfully downloaded LOTRO Plugin Compendium 1.0.3.0 from Lotro Interface then added ClassTraitPoints ok. Appears in Documents/The Lord of the Rings/Plugins/Thurallor as expected. Set LOTRO to Automatically Load For: ALL CHARACTERS then opened a toon.
    First message in the General tab says: "Class Trait Points Checklist v1.18, by Thurallor", followed by normal "Entered the Trade channel" but no sign of any checklist.
    Probably a newbie mistake but what do I do next?
    Do you have an icon that looks like two gold shields, one overlapping the other, on screen somewhere. It may be hiding behind something else. If you click that the window will open.

Many thanks Altair, found the shields and opened the checklist

@Thurallor

Have you considered an import of deed data via LOTRO Companion to prefill the checklist? LOTRO Companion is able to grab all the completed deeds of a character nowadays by running alongside the LOTRO client.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    @Thurallor

Have you considered an import of deed data via LOTRO Companion to prefill the checklist? LOTRO Companion is able to grab all the completed deeds of a character nowadays by running alongside the LOTRO client.
    No, I hadn't considered that. However, I would probably not expend the effort to implement a partial solution (some CTPs are awarded by quests, not deeds). If/when Lotro Companion is able to give quest completion data, I might do it.

New version (1.20) now available at Lotrointerface.

• Added support for the Brawler class.
    • Added the new trait point available in U30, bringing the earnable total to 98.
    • Corrected the minimum level requirement for some quests.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Oct 27 2021 at 11:59 PM.

New version (1.21) now available at Lotrointerface.

• Added the three new trait points available in U31, bringing the earnable total to 101.

Note: The new quest names are in English only. Until I get a character to level 140, I won't be able to get the French and German translations, unless someone else is willing to send them to me.

Un peut d'aide

I can help for french version

Quote Originally Posted by Goof_fr View Post
    I can help for french version

Thanks, Goof_fr! German and French quest names are added in version 1.22.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast